Allardyce supposedly as good as appointed - Happy or Disappointed?

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do they know all this?

count the amount of times they say "likely", "if" and "may".

It isn't the sun though, so most people will believe it.

Just another shit paper.

Sounds prefect...almost too perfect...independent must be making it up. Nolan and Ben Haim though  :thup: Campbell if he wants to come aswell would be great, just the sort of player for Taylor to look to for guidance. It's about time Dyer f***** off to London with all his bling bling mates anyway.

If Sam sorts all that out and gets in 2 quality fullbacks then things are already looking pretty sweet.

He hasn't even been appointed yet! :lol:

:lol:

Something different to talk about though.

Nolan would be a nice move ahead of Sidwell as Nolan is definitely more of a goalscorer which is what we need from midfield.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

The same paper's saying Owen will fuck off to Man Utd for £9M

" United eager to trigger Owen's £9m escape clause

By Sam Wallace

Published: 09 May 2007

The Newcastle United striker Michael Owen will be the first target for Sir Alex Ferguson this summer with the new Premiership champions eager to take advantage of a clause in the player's contract that will make him one of the summer's best bargains. Owen should be available to leave St James' Park for around £9m. "

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2524383.ece

If he does come though then i think most of that article would be pretty accurate. He will almost definitely want rid of all the defenders apart from Taylor, and he will probably try and get Ben Haim and Nolan. The Campbell and Dyer bits i'm not so sure about but i'd like to think so.

So quite outrageous paper talk so far..

Allardyce is coming in

Speed, Mike Forde, Ricky Sbragia, Ricky Sbragia have all been touted and Im sure Hull and Carlisle will be thrilled the papers are talking up Phil Brown and Neil McDonald!

Then Campbell, Nolan, Anelka, Davies, Jaskilinen, Ben Haim are all apparently targets!

so more than likely we will end up with bruce and terry mac staying on...

The same paper's saying Owen will f*** off to Man Utd for £9M

By Sam Wallace

The Newcastle United striker Michael Owen will be the first target for Sir Alex Ferguson this summer with the new Premiership champions eager to take advantage of a clause in the player's contract that will make him one of the summer's best bargains. Owen should be available to leave St James' Park for around £9m. "

Wow ...

Although if Owen leaves and we sign Darren Bent to play alongside Martins, I think I would get over it.

:coolsmiley:

The same paper's saying Owen will fuck off to Man Utd for £9M

By Sam Wallace

Tomorrow morning Freddy will come out and say that there is no escape clause in Owen's contract... Just as usual

Guest Knightrider

Music to my ears pretty much all of these reports, I'd take a loss on Owen, doesn't want to be here really and I have my doubts over his injury record and whether he'll ever get back to being the player he was or how well he'd fit into a Big Sam team.

However I don't think he'll be leaving and I I can't see the club allowing its biggest star to leave under a new manager, that wouldn't be getting off on the best of footing now would it. He'll give us at least one more year IMO.

Guest Ridzuan

I will be happy if that is true.As much as I dont want to see Dyer leaving,Nolan coming as a replacement would be a good choice.The article said that Taylor will be the only survivor? That part is worrying me because I think there are still a few others in the team who deserve to stay.

I will be happy if that is true.As much as I dont want to see Dyer leaving,Nolan coming as a replacement would be a good choice.The article said that Taylor will be the only survivor? That part is worrying me because I think there are still a few others in the team who deserve to stay.

What the article actually said was

Allardyce is likely to reshape the whole of the Newcastle defence with the promising Steven Taylor set to be the only survivor.

Which, for me, is another sign that this is speculative bollocks. Yes Moore, Onyewu and Bramble are all off, and yes Carr, Babayaro, Ramage and Huntington are poor, but to suggest they are all leaving and that a whole new defence will be in place for the start of next season is pie-in-the-sky...

Guest eyeball_tickler

some more of his future plans....

MICHAEL OWEN will be allowed to play for England in their crucial Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia — if he comes through Newcastle’s last game of the season at Watford.

And that will be major boost for under-fire England boss Steve McClaren.

It is understood the Toon’s manager-in-waiting, Sam Allardyce, would not prevent Owen from turning out for his country — despite the ongoing row between the club and the FA over compensation.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd has threatened to stop Owen playing in the June 1 friendly against Brazil at the new Wembley and the June 6 clash in Estonia because of the dispute.

However it is believed Allardyce wants Owen, 27, to get in as many games as possible so he is match fit for the start of next term.

The strike star is vulnerable to a sale because of clauses in his contract which mean he can leave St James’ Park for less than £10million.

But Allardyce would be hopeful of persuading Owen to stay and give the fans the full season he owes them.

Letting Owen play for England would be a good start to their relationship if, as expected, Allardyce takes over next week.

Shepherd is ready to go to war with Bolton to get his man.

Big Sam is the only name in the frame to replace Glenn Roeder but Bolton chairman Phil Gartside wants £2m compensation. Shepherd, though, is ready to use the manager’s walk-out at Notts County as ammo.

In 1999, Allardyce quit County only to pop up at Bolton just days later — and the fuming Meadow Lane club received hardly anything back while Bolton got a slap on the wrists.

Shepherd, meanwhile, has another meeting planned with FA officials.

He was not happy Newcastle’s insurers had to cough up half of Owen’s £110,000-a-week wages for an injury suffered at the World Cup. And he is angry the FA have failed to chip in for the £150,000 medical expenses.

Owen is determined to help England’s cause despite having just returned — the Watford game will be only his third appearance of the season.

And last week he said: “If I’m fit and playing for Newcastle obviously I would jump at the chance to play for my country. It’s a fantastic honour.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007210292,00.html

less than £10 million for owen is worrying if true

Guest Ridzuan

What the article actually said was

Allardyce is likely to reshape the whole of the Newcastle defence with the promising Steven Taylor set to be the only survivor.

Which, for me, is another sign that this is speculative bollocks. Yes Moore, Onyewu and Bramble are all off, and yes Carr, Babayaro, Ramage and Huntington are poor, but to suggest they are all leaving and that a whole new defence will be in place for the start of next season is pie-in-the-sky...

Aye,my bad.If thats the case,then I dont have any problem with it.Taylor is a good young player and I dont want to see him leaving.I dont know if he considers Solano a defender or a midfielder but hes another player I think we should give another season.The rest of the defenders can pack their bags and leave the club.

Guest SLK

The bloke isnt even our manager yet and he is busy sunbathing in spain so how can they possibly know all this?

Or you could say: The bloke isn't even our manager yet and he ALREADY started getting players in and out...Shows Roeder when and how to start dealing in the transfer market...

The bloke isnt even our manager yet and he is busy sunbathing in spain so how can they possibly know all this?

Or you could say: The bloke isn't even our manager and he ALREADY started getting players in and out...Shows Roeder when and how to start dealing in the transfer market...

;D

O0

what a load of bollocks we havent got a manager yet and they know who a potential manager will get rid and buy in .do these reporters have a ounce of guilt writing utter shite like this .

The press are absolutely unbelievable this morning.

Talk about being a step ahead of the game, these people are talking as if they know exactly whats going to happen at Newcastle in 12 months time.

Tommorrow, I'm expecting: "After Newcastle beat Watford 2-0, with a goal each from Martins and Owen...."

Guest Ridzuan

Talk about being a step ahead of the game, these people are talking as if they know exactly whats going to happen at Newcastle in 12 months time.

Tommorrow, I'm expecting: "After Newcastle beat Watford 2-0, with a goal each from Martins and Owen...."

They wouldnt be so foolish as to go to that extent.

Guest sharath

There will be no Owen at newcastle by June. He will be at United. Manchester that is.  :razz:

Jesus christ!!!

we are going to have a fkn week of totral bullshit in the papers, nothing confirmed one way or the other yet they seem to know what Sam is planning to do here already.

TWATS!!!

Guest fraser

Bolton went third after a kind run of games. Since the turn of the year they've been very, very poor. 32 goals conceded in the Premier League, beaten by 3 or more on 6 occasions, including 5 (yes 5!!!) at Boro.

And the midfield goal-scorer Nolan, I read about in the papers, has got 3 this season in the PL; that's as many as Parker mind.

Beaten should read conceding.