José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We need to start trying to find a buyer outside the Country, get £7-8m for him and buy a new LB that wants to be here. He's stalling away to xmas when he can talk to clubs for free, he's taking us for a ride.

He's totally entitled to run down his contract as is Joey Barton. It's unfortunate for us as we'll lose the fee but that's what contracts are all about. The best we can do is make the most of having him for another season. At least he's earning his money unlike liabilities like Smith.

You see though if he does see out his contract then leave for free he can get himself a nice big signing on fee.

It may just be about the money, if he does not want to be here then why stick it out for another season, never had him down as money hungry but when you think about it, what other reason does he have to see out his current contract.

Lost patience with him now TBH.  Was giving him the benefit of the doubt before, but he clearly wants away.  Why not have the decency of handing in a transfer request, or at least getting his prick of a brother to let the club know his attentions. 

But at the same time, no one's made a concrete offer for him. It's clear that if a suitable club came in with an offer he'd be off. So why havn't they? Him running down his contract irks me particularly more than Barton, mainly because he's moved the goalposts at least 3 times as to his reasons for not extending. But if it's the only way he'll get to leave and find the new, top club he wants, then that's what he'll do.

If he's not going to sign a new deal then we should just take what we can get for him and be done with it tbh. Really don't want to see him running down his contract and leaving for nothing.

Howay man, Skirge.

Kna fk him, he is taking the piss, do you really think the way he is behaving means he will be giving 100% on the pitch?

I don't, even towards the end of last season he was playing like a man who wanted away. He is still saying he wants out then why should we expect him to give his all for us this season.

Howay man, Skirge.

Kna fk him, he is taking the piss, do you really think the way he is behaving means he will be giving 100% on the pitch?

I don't, even towards the end of last season he was playing like a man who wanted away. He is still saying he wants out then why should we expect him to give his all for us this season.

because he's getting paid to fucking play. Why would he under-perform for no reason? It's him who is going to stay here we aren't forcing him.

Guest icemanblue

Howay man, Skirge.

He comes across as quite a professional and honest lad. Not your typical Billy Big Bollocks. I don't think this situation is in any way financially motivated, he's thinking of his career first. If an offer does not come in this summer, then he'll continue to be professional until the expiration of his contract.

Howay man, Skirge.

because he's getting paid to fucking play. Why would he under-perform for no reason? It's him who is going to stay here we aren't forcing him.

I am guessing if he does stay and under perform it would not be a deliberate act but more due to his heart not being in it.

As much as I love Jose & really want him to stay, this/he is starting to f*** me right off.. sign for the fkn deal or hand in a transfer request!

Why does he need to hand in a transfer request?

The club know the situation that he wants to play for a champions league club and if an offer comes in with an acceptable value he will be off.

If the offer doesn't arrive the player is entitled to run down his contract next year (which seems unlikely) or accept the contract on the table.

No need for either party to start throwing down demands when they both know the score and are just waiting for the outcome.

He's totally entitled to run down his contract as is Joey Barton. It's unfortunate for us as we'll lose the fee but that's what contracts are all about. The best we can do is make the most of having him for another season. At least he's earning his money unlike liabilities like Smith.

Completely agree.

Completely agree.

We shall see, if he does stay I fully expect this thread to implode due to half hearted lacklustre performances .

To be fair it makes a change for a player to still perform and see out their whole contract. I think I'd rather he stayed, put in good performances to try and get him a move to a top top club and we get an extra season out of him on what must be relatively low wages still. The club can then spend a full year plus the rest of this window looking for his replacement which might walk in the door for cheap with the guy from Swansea should he make it as a talent.

Why should he hand a transfer request in which will lose him his loyalty bonus if he's happy to play another season with us, just like Joey Barton ?

Completely agree.

We shall see, if he does stay I fully expect this thread to implode due to half hearted lacklustre performances .

I'm confident he'll have another great season if we don't manage to flog him.

The fact that he is free to join ANY team next season means that he has no point to sign a new contract with us.  Say if he just demand the same level of wages and willing to play as substitute at Real Madrid, I doubt Real Madrid will turn down the chance.

The worst case we could have now is even if we find a club (e.g. Liverpool) that is willing to pay a few millions for him, he would still refuse to go and see out his contract like Barton.  That's the best way for him, both for career and for money.

The fact that he is free to join ANY team next season means that he has no point to sign a new contract with us.  Say if he just demand the same level of wages and willing to play as substitute at Real Madrid, I doubt Real Madrid will turn down the chance.

The worst case we could have now is even if we find a club (e.g. Liverpool) that is willing to pay a few millions for him, he would still refuse to go and see out his contract like Barton.  That's the best way for him, both for career and for money.

Would you rather we had £5m or Jose for another season ?

Would you rather we had £5m or Jose for another season ?

5m. At least we could go for M'Bengue now. I'm afraid we cannot find a adequate replacement next season and stuck with Naylor/Kadar/Shane.