José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest palnese

he'll be off. put yourself in is position and ask yourself what you'd do.

Me as left back for Newcastle? I'd sign a 15 and a half year deal.

He was terrible for 95% of the game yesterday - passes going astray and unable to tackle or close down. Two goals came from his side and in the first half he didn't even look bothered - after the slaggings the likes of best has received it is only correct to appraise enrique - i love him to bits and hope he goes nowhere but he was terrible yesterday

Yeah that's true, but how many left back's have been torn apart by Arsenal this seaons ?

He plainly wasn't playing to his usual standards though.

Guess I'll just have to savour every little thing Enrique and tiote do till the end of the season just incase they do go :/. Daves right, we see that them two players are exceptional footballers but havnt really had the coverage or acknowledgement from the media and pundits, as soon as they click on these players instantly become too good for Newcastle and need to get a move to a "top 6" club in order for them to be praised every week. I hope common sense prevails, if not hopefully Enrique goes to Spain!

he'll be off. put yourself in is position and ask yourself what you'd do.

Me as left back for Newcastle? I'd sign a 15 and a half year deal.

as a left back for a spanish club that had some success recently, played in the champions league but never won anything. got relegated, you stayed with the team and helped them win promotion. the manager who'd brought stability , promotion and a good first half of the season got sacked for nothing and was replaced with some bloke who's managed a few teams before. the club then sold their best player and hope for the future on deadline day without time to buy a replacement, and failed to bring anyone fit and ready into the club in the transfer window to boost the squad, which was sorely needed.

you're pretty much the best left back in the league. you could walk into almost any team with a chance of progressing and winning medals, and you want to get into the england squad. and you'd stay? you'd be mad.

if he does sign a new deal i'll expect him to be sold the following window.

Time for a reality check. Players liker Enrique aren't going to ditch us for Everton, Villa or Bolton. But if a top club comes in offering big wages there's not a lot we can do but hope they aren't interested. If they want to go then we make sure we get the best deal possible otherwise keep them to their contract. Most clubs outside of Europe are in the same position.

Time for a reality check. Players liker Enrique aren't going to ditch us for Everton, Villa or Bolton. But if a top club comes in offering big wages there's not a lot we can do but hope they aren't interested. If they want to go then we make sure we get the best deal possible otherwise keep them to their contract. Most clubs outside of Europe are in the same position.

Sorry mate, this is the N-O forum. We don't do reality.

Guest The_Optimistic

Sorry mate, this is the N-O forum. We don't do reality.

Exactly, we are the best club in the world, no need to go elsewhere, whatever the money...

Enrique has shelved talk on a new contract till the summer from what we've been told. No doubt he's on decent wedge already, assuming we want to keep him he'll need to be offered something similar or better. A lot depends how badly we want to keep our best players and how much we should be prepared to pay to convince them to stay. At the end of the day we could have kept Carroll if we were prepared to meet his wage demands.

Enrique has shelved talk on a new contract till the summer from what we've been told. No doubt he's on decent wedge already, assuming we want to keep him he'll need to be offered something similar or better. A lot depends how badly we want to keep our best players and how much we should be prepared to pay to convince them to stay. At the end of the day we could have kept Carroll if we were prepared to meet his wage demands.

Carroll's an exceptional circumstance though. If Enrique bangs down the door demanding we treble his wages or he's off to the promised land of the Top 4, he can fuck off n'all. I reckon we could squeeze a decent sum out of Sir Alex.

I think Jose's better than that, though.

I think Enrique is very happy here and always has been. There's only one reason he would leave and that's if a really big club came in which would mean a much bigger pay packet to go with it. If that happens there's not really much we can do about it other than get the best price we can or keep him to his contract and lose any fee when it runs out.

People need to realise when a rumour is total made up shite like. Has anyone provided an explanation why Man Utd would want to replace Patrice Evra?

Because he hasn't got very long left on his contract and has repeatedly been linked with a move to Real Madrid.