José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

A complete and utter irrelevance of a player. He plays for Liverpool therefore he's a cunt.

No interest whatsoever in his past history. 18/48 months of decent form does not merit a sycophantic round of applause. Still maintain he was shit for his first year and a half for us.

A complete and utter irrelevance of a player. He plays for Liverpool therefore he's a cunt.

No interest whatsoever in his past history. 18/48 months of decent form does not merit a sycophantic round of applause. Still maintain he was shit for his first year and a half for us.

I agree and also think he played us for cunts and never had any intention of staying regardless of who we did or didn't sign.

Maybe it's because he left at the same time as Nolan (bullshitter) and Barton (Bigger bullshitter) but still find it hard to be overly angry at Enrique, at least he left for genuine reasons. He will obviously big up his new club in the press.

Maybe it's because he left at the same time as Nolan (bullshitter) and Barton (Bigger bullshitter) but still find it hard to be overly angry at Enrique, at least he left for genuine reasons. He will obviously big up his new club in the press.

???

I'd much rather our fans give a moment for our maligned players like Best or Obertan than give a moments attention to this non- entity.

???

Moaned a lot about lack of ambition etc.. then goes to join a Championship club because they are offering him a ludicrous contract (which we would have all cried about if it was offered here).

Said club somehow managed to have bigger tossers running them than we do, signing Ba for £7m when you are struggling whilst giving him a mental release clause that there was a very good chance of being activated in 6 months. That's not ambition for me, just incompetence.

???

Moaned a lot about lack of ambition etc.. then goes to join a Championship club because they are offering him a ludicrous contract (which we would have all cried about if it was offered here).

Said club somehow managed to have bigger tossers running them than we do, signing Ba for £7m when you are struggling whilst giving him a mental release clause that there was a very good chance of being activated in 6 months. That's not ambition for me, just incompetence.

Don't really remember him saying this tbh. Tbf to Nolan, he was looking out for his future. There was no way we would offer him the kind of contract he's on now (like you've said). In the end, both parties (Nolan and ourselves) benefited really.

(Mind you, I do remember him coming out with some shite in the summer - probably what you've mentioned above actually).

In any case, I prefer to remember Nolan for the right reasons (helping us get promoted; his goals last season which in a way helped us to stay up; his hat trick against the mackems).

I appreciate Nolan for what he did and think he was a big part in creating the team spirit at the time, he just let himself down going out like he did, imo.

Meh, he was angling to try and stay on similar terms (length of contract) and we realised there was money to be had for him. Good deal for all concerned, he leaves with a decent reputation (after a torrid start) and we get some moolah to bring in Obertan...

:yao:

I don't know why but Enrique was the worst of the lot for me. The way he fucked the club around from December onwards and the way his performances tailed off the moment he decided he wanted out irritated me no end, plus out of the three he was clearly the most talent and the biggest loss to the team.

I've got no ill will towards Nolan. It's pretty obvious that his move has worked out well for both parties and his contribution last season alone absolves him from any blame moving on. Barton I'm split on. I dislike him for the cynical way in which he agitated for a contract/a move but while his words were hollow he did hit the nail on the head with a lot of what he said during his falling out with Llambias and Ashley.

Pffffffff, besides anything else I don't know where the fuck you're getting 18 months from - he was quality for us for 2 years solid from the beginning of the Championship season.

He was also decent if not spectacular in the relegation season IMO when given the chance. Easily one of my favourite players of recent times but we move on. I'd neither be booing nor applauding but getting behind our own players but this isn't the modern way.

Just look at the relative improvement of both clubs since he left and joined them, that should be more than enough without needing to boo the guy. Hes was a great player for us & i understand why he left, they were spending big, offering bigger contracts & looking like they might fight a bit more with the bigger clubs.

Which just makes the current situation even more amusing.

He was also decent if not spectacular in the relegation season IMO when given the chance. Easily one of my favourite players of recent times but we move on. I'd neither be booing nor applauding but getting behind our own players but this isn't the modern way.

Same mate, I just basically ignore them except for a special case such as Michael Owen one way or someone like Rob Lee / Warren Barton / Les Ferdinand the other (generally when they've came on as sub for an inferior team already a few goals down, mind).

Some people need to get a grip man, they're acting like fucking emo kids about every player that leaves the club.  "Oh no, you left us, you were shit anyway, boooo".  Fucking grow up and look at the people running the show man, it's pathetic that we're getting this with players like Enrique who was a good professional while at the club.

Same mate, I just basically ignore them except for a special case such as Michael Owen one way or someone like Rob Lee / Warren Barton / Les Ferdinand the other (generally when they've came on as sub for an inferior team already a few goals down, mind).

Some people need to get a grip man, they're acting like fucking emo kids about every player that leaves the club.  "Oh no, you left us, you were shit anyway, boooo".  Fucking grow up and look at the people running the show man, it's pathetic that we're getting this with players like Enrique who was a good professional while at the club.

:thup:

I've got a respect for all of the obvious top-tier players who could have left us when we got relegated. As Interpolic and Disco have said though, i wouldn't be booing or applauding. Many players who have left, i have little respect for. Jose's not one of them.

Jose was superb for us for two seasons and eventually left when a more ambitious club who were willing to pay him more money came calling. I've got no problem with him apart from the fact I wish he still played for us.

Granted I'll be sat at home (or maybe at the pub if I'm feeling brave) with a crippled leg rather than at the ground so he won't actually hear my opinions on him in any way, shape or form but I like to think he'll subliminally hear the sentiment.