Steve McClaren

Dave

I'm fully with mojo here. He should have cancelled his holiday and came back as soon as it was clear he was getting the job. If he was at all serious, and we were serious about getting him, he should have been watching every single game of the last season (at the very least) and started working on a plan to get us out of the mess the cunts got us in.

He could have been watching every game since we first asked him to take over.  If he needs to see more I'm sure he has a PC and internet connection.

My word. Let the man have is holiday!  :lol:

He's just had a full season with Derby for goodness sake.

At least it's out of the way nice and early, and he can get stuck in once he gets back this week now.

How do we know he didn't 'reject' the role knowing he'd get a pay off and Ashley having to pay nowt. The game is rigged from the off.

Bobby Robson rejected the job twice. After Keegan left, and before we came back with an improved offer when he was actually appointed.

Bobby Robson was at Barcelona. Steve McClaren was at Derby County. Just let that sink in.

He was unemployed for the second rejection. It's in his book.

Eric steele replacing Woodman according to daily mail, and carver to be replaced as assistant. There's a decent start.

"Carver looks set to remain as part of the backroom staff but goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman – a target of Crystal Palace - is expected to be replaced by Eric Steele."

Hopefully Carver will feel he's now too good to stay in the background, and leave the club altogether..... doubt it though.

I'd be a lot more confident of the Mclaren appointment if all the old regime are gone and he brings in his own people. How John Carver can stay at the club after what happened I do not know. Even he must look back and see how pathetic it was. He will stay out of greed and pride and that he will probably struggle to get a high profile job elsewhere, so he will be on assistant manager salary while just being a regular coach, hopefully he won't be able to cope with the demotion and piss off into retirement or go and fluff for Pardew!!

Similar to when Shearer & Dowie came in and Hughton got shunted down the pecking order....only to get the job himself full-time later on in the year.  :scared:

Carver has an ego, though. Having been point himself for the job as the best coach around I can't see him taking demotion too well.

Yeah, I think Carver needs to be nudged sideways and a new Assistant Manager brought in. Carver made such a public bid for the top job, and it looks like he fell out with a number of the players. It could get awkward.

How do we know he didn't 'reject' the role knowing he'd get a pay off and Ashley having to pay nowt. The game is rigged from the off.

Bobby Robson rejected the job twice. After Keegan left, and before we came back with an improved offer when he was actually appointed.

Bobby Robson was at Barcelona. Steve McClaren was at Derby County. Just let that sink in.

If your glass is half empty. If your glass is half full. Both are Ex England Mangers. 

Incoming Newcastle United boss Steve McClaren looking to add to backroom staff

John Carver's future is a big issue to be resolved and Steve McClaren could even consider Steve Black, Newcastle-born psychologist

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incoming-newcastle-united-boss-steve-9413587

Love the Chron's obsession with places of birth.

@T00N_ARMY: @T00N_ARMY Newcastle fans, are happy with the Mclaren appointment?? I'm not sure about it #unproven

@T00N_ARMY: So Steve Mclaren is set to be named Toon boss... Never proven himself. Why the hell did we not get Pulis in Jan?! #ashleyout

:lol: :anguish: