Steve McClaren

Dave

They would only be getting a new manager for the short term initially anyway, so wages should not be a huge problem compared to the cost of relegation.

You would think this anyway  :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/08/steve-mcclaren-in-limbo-as-newcastle-look-for-successor/?

Newcastle also want to make sure they have secured the right man to replace McClaren before pulling the trigger, as they do not want to be accused of making a panic appointment.
Otherwise known as conducting business like they have a fucking clue.

if it works to their plan its good practice, if (when) they fail to get anyone to replace him it makes the situation somehow worse (which is impressive by itself) as the players are barely listening to McClaren as is what are they going to be like once they know the club really wants to sack him but can't because there is literally no one better than him willing to come.

What has happened here? I haven't been able to follow the news today but the thread has 40 new pages. :lol: He's still not sacked but it's looking good? Anything else?

Really can't see how Ashley has made so much money through business. Why on Earth would you say to someone in our position (financially for him) "you deal with it".

Even more absurd when that person is Charnley.

I know it's almost certainly all a sham anyway, but how does the board sack a member of the board?

Just another reason why we're a f***ing joke.

Quite easily actually, they can vote him off.

Without it going to an embarrassing and expensive tribunal?

He's probably not even on the board. :lol:

This is my thinking, would he need be a director firstly?

McClaren is a Director of the football club.

Just had a chuckle to myself reading this, I mean what a f****** shambles.  We hired the bloke as a director man  :lol:  Steve Clueless McClaren on the board with Bob Moncur, the mysterious Graham Carr and Penfold

No chances Moyes is going to ask for 4m, I'd bet he was on less than 1m at Sociedad.

Why not?  He was on at least that at Everton and we are quite clearly desperate, he's in the position to ask for what he damn well wants.

Yep. He was one of the highest paid managers in the Premier League when he was at Everton despite the fact they were heavily in debt.

Really can't see how Ashley has made so much money through business. Why on Earth would you say to someone in our position (financially for him) "you deal with it".

Even more absurd when that person is Charnley.

He might be giving Charnley a chance to un-hang himself.  He (Charnley) wanted McClaren, he brought him in so he should deal with him.  I doubt for one minute that Ashley doesn't sign off the new manager but I think he will leave the firing of McClaren to the people who will have appointed him and I don't blame him.  I would guess that the ramifications of appointing McClaren will be seen at the end of the season and I wouldn't like to be Charnley at that time.

Doubling a 700k salary is pennies with this new TV deal. Absolute pocket change.

Even if Benitez comes in, keeps us up and goes I'll be satisfied. You'd think such a drastic impact would convince Chashley that it's worth investing in a good manager. Again, a good manager will probably earn £10-15m more in prize money.

Doubling a 700k salary is pennies with this new TV deal. Absolute pocket change.

Even if Benitez comes in, keeps us up and goes I'll be satisfied. You'd think such a drastic impact would convince Chashley that it's worth investing in a good manager. Again, a good manager will probably earn £10-15m more in prize money.

:thup:

SunSport understands former Borussia Monchengladbach boss Lucien Favre, Saint Etienne chief Christophe Galtier and ex-Serbia coach Raddy Antic were the other foreign men discussed at Newcastle’s board meeting in York on Monday.

No chances Moyes is going to ask for 4m, I'd bet he was on less than 1m at Sociedad.

It's about 3 league places higher in prize money. :lol:

So what?, its far more than he's worth.  Benitez is the kind of manager you pay whatever it takes to get, Moyes isn't.

If we're going to throw money at a manager I'd rather offer Benitez £1m for 10 games and £3m bonus if we stay up.

It's about 3 league places higher in prize money. :lol:

So what?, its far more than he's worth.  Benitez is the kind of manager you pay whatever it takes to get, Moyes isn't.

My point was that even a slight improvement in league placings would ultimately fund the increase in salary of the better boss.