Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

I think I was pro the appointment as we needed organising after the shambles of Souness and Roeder.  I thought he would bring some decent cheap players in and start rebuilding.  Obvisouly Ashley took over and didn't give him any money to spend and his football was minging.  I was still annoyed when he was sacked in Jan.  Thought they should have just seen the season out with him and made a fresh start.

I remember the press conference, he was going tomeet Ashley and Mort to discuss players...ened up sacked.  :lol:

Fairly sure that Fat Sam spent quite a bit that summer, most of which was under Ashley too.  £6m each on Alan Smith and José Enrique (then hardly ever played him), £3m on Rozehnal, £2m each on Fayé & Bèye.  He signed Caçapa, Geremi & Viduka on Bosmans but they would have been on very decent wages & signing fees.  His shitty, wasteful, irresponsible spending was arguably the reason that Ashley panicked and brought in his mates to oversee transfers that led directly to Keegan leaving.

Wasn't there also a rumour at the time that the reason that he got the sack in that January transfers meeting was because he told Mort that he wanted to sell most of the dreck that he'd just persuaded the board to purchase in the summer?

Aye, he spent £15m-20m, although he did re-coup some of it.  Dyer was sold for decent money off the top of my head.

Sam Allardyce has said that he and Mark Hughes have not been given enough time at bigger clubs. The Blackburn Rovers manager also said that he would win a league title every year if he was in control of Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Allardyce and Hughes meet tomorrow as the managers of Blackburn and Fulham. Hughes was sacked by Manchester City last season and Allardyce's time in charge of Newcastle lasted less than half a season.

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and [it] would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

:lol: :lol:

:lol: It's outrageous that anybody recorded that, typed it up and published it when anyone with an ounce of kindness would have took him straight to a ward.

I think I was pro the appointment as we needed organising after the shambles of Souness and Roeder.  I thought he would bring some decent cheap players in and start rebuilding.  Obvisouly Ashley took over and didn't give him any money to spend and his football was minging.  I was still annoyed when he was sacked in Jan.  Thought they should have just seen the season out with him and made a fresh start.

I remember the press conference, he was going tomeet Ashley and Mort to discuss players...ened up sacked.  :lol:

Fairly sure that Fat Sam spent quite a bit that summer, most of which was under Ashley too.  £6m each on Alan Smith and José Enrique (then hardly ever played him), £3m on Rozehnal, £2m each on Fayé & Bèye.  He signed Caçapa, Geremi & Viduka on Bosmans but they would have been on very decent wages & signing fees.  His shitty, wasteful, irresponsible spending was arguably the reason that Ashley panicked and brought in his mates to oversee transfers that led directly to Keegan leaving.

Wasn't there also a rumour at the time that the reason that he got the sack in that January transfers meeting was because he told Mort that he wanted to sell most of the dreck that he'd just persuaded the board to purchase in the summer?

Aye, he spent £15m-20m, although he did re-coup some of it.  Dyer was sold for decent money off the top of my head.

Parker too.

I remember no shortage of people in the media and other clubs fans having their moment in the sun telling us all how stupid we were to bin him, etc etc. Or his fucking stupid grin and clapping when we got a draw against the mighty Stoke when they had Jon fucking Parkin up front for them. This pretty much summed the whole lot up, at the time and afterwards -

posted Jun 9, 2010

@ TheMightyToon (U14412043)

Yes, Allardyce left Newcastle in 11th place

but he also left a demoralised dressing room of unfit footballers playing terrible ugly football completely unsuited to them as a team and individuals, with plenty of points dropped against poor teams, a run of very hard games to come, and only actually a few points from relegation...

Long-ball to Martins & Owen? Please...everyone watching those games could see he had no idea what he was doing.

would have been relegated under Allardyce, a year earlier than we were. He couldn't adapt to the players, was trying to force his style on a squad not suited, and was too arrogant to admit fault or change.

The Derby games man :anguish: :anguish:

I remember no shortage of people in the media and other clubs fans having their moment in the sun telling us all how stupid we were to bin him, etc etc. Or his f***ing stupid grin and clapping when we got a draw against the mighty Stoke when they had Jon f***ing Parkin up front for them. This pretty much summed the whole lot up, at the time and afterwards -

posted Jun 9, 2010

@ TheMightyToon (U14412043)

Yes, Allardyce left Newcastle in 11th place

but he also left a demoralised dressing room of unfit footballers playing terrible ugly football completely unsuited to them as a team and individuals, with plenty of points dropped against poor teams, a run of very hard games to come, and only actually a few points from relegation...

Long-ball to Martins & Owen? Please...everyone watching those games could see he had no idea what he was doing.

would have been relegated under Allardyce, a year earlier than we were. He couldn't adapt to the players, was trying to force his style on a squad not suited, and was too arrogant to admit fault or change.

The Derby games man :anguish: :anguish:

Interestingly the mirror ran an article today implying that we were right to sack him all along. Who'd have thunk it now he manages West Ham.

Just wished we were playing them at home in 2 weeks. It would have been great with all of us chanting 'you're getting sacked in the morning' to him. At least Pardew would also feel how it would feel if it happens to him.

Having said that though, it would be even better if we can get it done at upton park and the home fans joining in too. This fat cunt deserves nothing but abuse for his arrogant and big headed attitude.

Milner and Smith out wide...

At least we spent £6m on the latter to play him there, much more painful than watching him toil in midfield/upfront too. Such a come down from anyone of ability that we used to have out there.

Has he got a trick? No

Is he quick? No

Does he have a change of pace? No

Can he control or pass the ball? No

Will he play like Joey O'Brien? Yes

Milner and Smith out wide...

At least we spent £6m on the latter to play him there, much more painful than watching him toil in midfield/upfront too. Such a come down from anyone of ability that we used to have out there.

Has he got a trick? No

Is he quick? No

Does he have a change of pace? No

Can he control or pass the ball? No

Will he play like Joey O'Brien? Yes

Loving this Joey O'Brien thing btw.