Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

Say what you like about Keegan being finished and being s*** with England, but he's never ever failed in club football. Left every club a much better state than he found it.

I might go for a cold shower or something.

Keegan is a great man manager. He gets the best out of his players at club level because he trains with them every day, he gives them all a fair crack of the whip. We wont see good players being unfairly frozen out of played in shit positions, we wont get defensive tactics.

Even if he is finished, hes still probably significantly better than the past 3 maangers weve had.

I don't fully understand why some people are so strongly anti-Keegan. I know, it's all in the past, and perhaps we should leave it there but from what I read some people have come to foregone conclusions already.

Say what you like about Keegan being finished and being s*** with England, but he's never ever failed in club football. Left every club a much better state than he found it.

Keegan is a great man manager. He gets the best out of his players at club level because he trains with them every day, he gives them all a fair crack of the whip. We wont see good players being unfairly frozen out of played in s*** positions, we wont get defensive tactics.

Even if he is finished, hes still probably significantly better than the past 3 maangers weve had.

i'm still pissed off that jason drysdale didnt get a fair crack here tbb

its fine, we will have King Kev, Alan, Speedo, ferdinand and Lee coaching and Pav as gk coach. unstoppable you watch.

At least the feel good factor will return for a couple of months! Before relegation that is.

Kevin Keegan had us leading the Premiership from day one for 35 games. I fail to see how that tallies with some "Geordie Nation" tripe as if he's some no-hoper whose only credential is some tenuous link to the club.

Tbh I know it's not really a good idea, but I hardly think he's a worse bet than, for example, Mark Hughes. What's he done, got his team to 7th or something? Whoopee. 

its fine, we will have King Kev, Alan, Speedo, ferdinand and Lee coaching and Pav as gk coach. unstoppable you watch.

At least the feel good factor will return for a couple of months! Before relegation that is.

Kevin Keegan had us leading the Premiership from day one for 35 games. I fail to see how that tallies with some "Geordie Nation" tripe as if he's some no-hoper whose only credential is some tenuous link to the club.

Tbh I know it's not really a good idea, but I hardly think he's a worse bet than, for example, Mark Hughes. What's he done, got his team to 7th or something? Whoopee. 

Good post.

Say what you like about Keegan being finished and being shit with England, but he's never ever failed in club football. Left every club a much better state than he found it.

Money helps.

We've got money.

Funny how no-one ever says that about Mourinho though isn't it?

Money helps.

We've got money.

Probably cos of how he won the Champions League with Porto on quite a small budget.

Money helps.

We've got money.

It's because he's foreign.

Say what you like about Keegan being finished and being shit with England, but he's never ever failed in club football. Left every club a much better state than he found it.

Money helps.

We've got money.

How much money did he have at Porto when he won the Uefa cup and the Champions League?

Money helps.

We've got money.

Yes, he spent millions on the Porto side which won the Champions League, Keegan's great when everything's going smoothly but when it starts getting tough what does he do? Resign.

Money helps.

We've got money.

Yes, he spent millions on the Porto side which won the Champions League, Keegan's great when everything's going smoothly but when it starts getting tough what does he do? Resign.

is he resigns it just shows he has the integrity to walk instead of waiting with his begging bowl and a prefilled out P45 waiting for his compo

Ah the old Porto argument. How many times have we seen it's much easier to win a tournament than a league? Why don't we get that bloke who won the European Championships with Greece?

If Paul Scholes' perfectly legit goal against Porto had counted, they'd have been out.

Not saying Mourinho's not a top class manager or anything, cos he quite clearly is and I'd love him at NUFC, but the way some people go on, you'd think he was untouchable. He's not on Wenger's planet for example, or Fergie's for that matter.

Guest Mucky01

the thing with Shearer is is ego, cant see him sharing job with Keegan, he would be jealous of his status, BUT I could see him working alongside Venables.

Ah the old Porto argument. How many times have we seen it's much easier to win a tournament than a league? Why don't we get that bloke who won the European Championships with Greece?

If Paul Scholes' perfectly legit goal against Porto had counted, they'd have been out.

Not saying Mourinho's not a top class manager or anything, cos he quite clearly is and I'd love him at NUFC, but the way some people go on, you'd think he was untouchable. He's not on Wenger's planet for example, or Fergie's for that matter.

Well Porto also won their league with him too lol. Not sure what else you want him to prove really. He's proven he can win on the biggest stages with small or large budgets. That's why I consider him the best maanager in the world.