Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

The Lazio has now concluded negotiations for two Defence: David Rozenhal arriving from England, 27enne central Newcastle and the National ceka (39 presences), and Martin Albrechtsen (27), terzino right Danish West Bromwich Albion. The fax of system central cekoslovacco has just arrived all'AtaHotel Quark.

Anyone know about this ?

If he looks like anyone it's Voldemort from the Harry Potter films. I don't think he's bad but he does have a knack for poor mistakes- the clanger against Kenny Miller at SJP sticks out in particular. That said, I think he's got a fair point saying he hasn't really done worse than anyone, and if Smith gets a regular game, Rozehnal might as well be made captain for that kind of sense. I think Fat Sam had him down as a scapegoat for a mistake earlier in the season, I can't remember who it was against, but he hasn't got back since. Think all our centre backs are just entirely average and quite error prone, especially seeing as our midfield never keeps the ball and the pressure on them is relentless compared to what most Premiership defences have to cope with.

Some players take longer to adapt to new clubs.

Some clubs are better than others at putting up with this. I think we are possibly among the worst for this and I am not sure why. Players have to hit the ground running here or are crucified from day one with us. It is little wonder so many players of promise fade when they play here.

Rozenhal reminds me of Gary Pallister. A talented footballing defender who couldnt put a foot right in the whole of his first season after his first move (boro - Man U) but who went on to fulfill his promise for club and country after being persisted with and believed in by his new club. I think Rozenthal is another Pallister type and a prime example of this lack of patience. He is a footballing defender who is finding his feet and would be worth persisting with IMO.

Sadly it seems the verdict is already out on him in the Bermuda Triangle of talent that is NU and he will no doubt have to succeed elswhere.

Doug.

Some players take longer to adapt to new clubs.

Some clubs are better than others at putting up with this. I think we are possibly among the worst for this and I am not sure why. Players have to hit the ground running here or are crucified from day one with us. It is little wonder so many players of promise fade when they play here.

Rozenhal reminds me of Gary Pallister. A talented footballing defender who couldnt put a foot right in the whole of his first season after his first move (boro - Man U) but who went on to fulfill his promise for club and country after being persisted with and believed in by his new club. I think Rozenthal is another Pallister type and a prime example of this lack of patience. He is a footballing defender who is finding his feet and would be worth persisting with IMO.

Sadly it seems the verdict is already out on him in the Bermuda Triangle of talent that is NU and he will no doubt have to succeed elswhere.

Doug.

i agree.  rozy, to me, is a good player who happens to be slow in his adjustment from the continental game to the prem.  i think he's worth sticking with. blueyes.gif

I think he could be quality. One of the better ball-playing defenders we have. He's just a bit lightweight at times. Id stick with him as long as he keeps his head down and he shuts his mouth. Hes not gonna earn any points for patience from the fans if he's moaning about not playing to the press.

Him and Sibierski are like those deluded X-Factor rejects, who can't take rejection.

"How dare they not build the side round me, who do they think they are?"

Sibi can't get a start for Wigan, and he's still scratching his bald heed wondering why we dumped him.

Guest MaetihS

i still think he is a better player than Taylor,based on the so many games i have seen Taylor play and the handful of games Roz had. I feel he is a talented player, just needs time to adapt. I think if given time he will be good for us as like Vidic and Evra for Man U; both did not start well for Man U but since then, key players. If Taylor is a foreigner, he will have been shipped off long ago. Our best CB in order; Faye, Cacapa, Roz and Taylor. People just overlook Taylors' faults cos somehow his passion and drive in a game overshadows his very basic defending faults eg his positioning and decision making. thats only my opinion though. I also have mates who are Arsenal fans who think that Taylor is so overrated like their Sendoros (a much poorer version tho).

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Primo_Piano/2008/01_Gennaio/07/mercatogennaio.shtml

LAZIO

Acquisti: Rolando (d, Belenenses), Radu (d, Dimano Bucarest), Rozenhal (Newcastle); Dabo (c, Manchester City), Bianchi (a, Manchester City)

Cessioni: Stendardo (d, Juventus), Scaloni (d, Maiorca); Makinwa (a, Reggina)

Respectable paper.

Strange if true considering Keegan said no one would be leaving. It could be a loan deal. Would Lazio have anyone we may have wanted as a swap?