Obafemi Martins

Wullie

It proper annoyed me how he was always seen as being fast. He either wasn't, or never showed it.

He was a mental player like. You don't hit the bar from the touchline, 50 yards from goal if you don't have something strange about you. Cisse has that too, just not to the same extreme.

He never learned how to use it to full effect playing on the shoulder, but to claim the guy isn't fast, is a completely mental thing to say in public.

Seem to remember a game against Blackburn(?) when he passed a through ball to himself? :lol:

Guest pintofscottsellers

It proper annoyed me how he was always seen as being fast. He either wasn't, or never showed it.

He was a mental player like. You don't hit the bar from the touchline, 50 yards from goal if you don't have something strange about you. Cisse has that too, just not to the same extreme.

He never learned how to use it to full effect playing on the shoulder, but to claim the guy isn't fast, is a completely mental thing to say in public.

Seem to remember a game against Blackburn(?) when he passed a through ball to himself? :lol:

Just remembered when he hit the bar against Liverpool, I was mortal as fuck in the away end and couldn't believe it, came from nowhere, such a strange player.

Just remembered when he hit the bar against Liverpool, I was mortal as f*** in the away end and couldn't believe it, came from nowhere, such a strange player.

I was sat with the home fans (Dad is a Liverpool fan) and had managed to keep nice and quiet all day. Not hard as we were 3-0 down and it was a typical Anfield performance. Then along comes Martins with that effort and I jumped up screaming.

We had a side which seriously lacked pace when he was here, as well as quality IIRC. Wasn't that the time we had the likes of Ramage and Huntington in our back four and Nicky Butt winding down his career? He might have been a headless chicken but he was one of the few players who opposition defences had to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obafemi was allegedly blown in public by Mario Balotelli's sister:

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2ZlbWkyMG1hcnRpbnMyMGFiaWdhaWwxMjBuZmMuanBnfDYwMA==

http://www.sofoot.com/IMG/img-photo-abigail-balotelli-pas-pudique-1354789913_x610_articles-164536.jpg

fake or not there'll be a chant about it come the 15th december :lol:

To the tune of Lola, she was a showgirl.

'His name was Oba, Oh Oba Martins, he banged your sister in the streeeeeeeet and he feels alreeeeet. He feels alreet'