*Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United* March Sun 30 15:00 GMT

Skirge

Guest wheatley74

i hope we dont play that rubbish 3 midfield again. play nzogbia instead of geremi, with the 3 upfront, tottenham will be running scared

Guest wheatley74

chelsea were supposed to play boro on monday (live on setanta) but chelsea are in champions league action on tues or weds so they had to put it to the sunday at 1.30pm, that means the boro and newcastle fans heading down to london near enough the same time.

Woodgate and King to 'pull up' with hammy's in the first 15 mins, and Ramos has no choice to unleash Dawson and Kaboul on us  :(

Ledley's expected to be fit and play and Woody's been practically injury free since he joined.  If one or other was substituted, it would be more likely for the departing CB to be replaced by Bent and play 3-4-1-2 with Berbatov in the hole.  Ramos has used that strategy a couple of times already, the thinking being that Hutton and Chimbonda are tall and quick enough to do the job respectably (Chimbo has been a CB before) whilst both Zokora and Huddlestone have both played CB before and can lend a hand if necessary.

Ramos seems to have devised a lot more alternative options for different scenarios than Jol who always seemed limited when adapting to different situations as the game went on.

Woodgate and King to 'pull up' with hammy's in the first 15 mins, and Ramos has no choice to unleash Dawson and Kaboul on us  :(

Ledley's expected to be fit and play and Woody's been practically injury free since he joined.  If one or other was substituted, it would be more likely for the departing CB to be replaced by Bent and play 3-4-1-2 with Berbatov in the hole.  Ramos has used that strategy a couple of times already, the thinking being that Hutton and Chimbonda are tall and quick enough to do the job respectably (Chimbo has been a CB before) whilst both Zokora and Huddlestone have both played CB before and can lend a hand if necessary.

Ramos seems to have devised a lot more alternative options for different scenarios than Jol who always seemed limited when adapting to different situations as the game went on.

I was joking man, you fanny  :lol:

I know you were, it was just mentioning a CB coming off reminded me of one of the options if the wheels did start to come off.  Hutton often plays CB in training so I'm told to get him more in tune with Ramos's thinking.  Hutton recently said that Ramos is the best manager he's played under, going into tactical detail that none of his previous managers have gone to.

Don't think we're disciplined enough to go there and grind out a 0-0. They're fantastic going forward at home and we'll do well to match them. I'm not saying we can't go there and get a result but we'll have to be on top form to do so.

Our best hope is if we score first and then hang on to get a win or a point. 

Don't think we're disciplined enough to go there and grind out a 0-0. They're fantastic going forward at home and we'll do well to match them. I'm not saying we can't go there and get a result but we'll have to be on top form to do so.

Nah man, 4-5-1 with Smith, Geremi and Butt in midfield and Viduka up top on his own.

Keep it tight, frustrate them, stop them from playing and then nick a goal from a set-piece.

Clearly the way to approach this game. :thup:

Nah man, 4-5-1 with Smith, Geremi and Butt in midfield and Viduka up top on his own.

Keep it tight, frustrate them, stop them from playing and then nick a goal from a set-piece.

Don't think we're capable of doing that unfortunately. :(

I was taking the piss you silly, silly man. :lol:

I don't think we have any chance at all, unless they have an off day. Spurs are playing really well at the moment and WILL score against our leaky defence. Berbatov and Keane are scoring for fun, if they don't they have bent on the bench...

Just a small chance that owen and viduka could put a couple away in the first half and then squeaky bums until the end. This is certainly a game to give us a reality check. Will be extremely happy if we come away with a point, that will assure us our safety IMO.

:blush:

Long day. :lol:

:blush:

Long day. :lol:

:lol:

When I saw Smith's name in your line up I was half reaching for the keyboard to type "Fuck Off" when I realised you werent being serious

Guest Toepoke

I know you were, it was just mentioning a CB coming off reminded me of one of the options if the wheels did start to come off.   Hutton often plays CB in training so I'm told to get him more in tune with Ramos's thinking.  Hutton recently said that Ramos is the best manager he's played under, going into tactical detail that none of his previous managers have gone to.

Hutton would be terrible at CB mate, defending is by far the weakest aspect of his game no wonder Ramos has him playing at CB it's to improve that area of his game, Hutton didn't say Ramos was the best manager as I recall it he said it was much more tactical than it was at rangers or scotland. I believe Hutton had a huge deal of respect for Walter Smith and wouldn't say that. MIght be wrong though.

Is that the big news from Spurs, Hutton rates Ramos ahead of Walter Smith and Alex McLeish?

Wowzer. Next week we hear from Nicky Butt who thinks Alex Ferguson has the edge over Steve Bruce.

We have too many passengers in our team not fit enough to keep spurs at bay for 90mins.

Viduka is a stump who cant compete. Take his goal away v fulham and his contribution was nil. Geremi  cant cover enough ground either, barton still isnt the box to box player he was as he struggles to reconcile his lifestyle with the demands of being a pro athlete.

You need 11 sharp, fit players competing to get anything here and we havent got it with this squad.

Spurs will dominate possesion and wear us down.

I'm really looking forward to the Spurs game.  Think we have a very good chance to beat Spurs.  Owen has found the net twice on the spin and this is a big game for him to show us he is still a major threat in the league.  Martins is due a beast of a goal, hopefully the same sort that he whammy'd them with last year at White Heart Lane.  Maybe this will be the game that Barton's improved form rewards him with another goal.  Were due some good fortune to go with our better performances.

We have too many passengers in our team not fit enough to keep spurs at bay for 90mins.

Viduka is a stump who cant compete. Take his goal away v fulham and his contribution was nil. Geremi  cant cover enough ground either, barton still isnt the box to box player he was as he struggles to reconcile his lifestyle with the demands of being a pro athlete.

You need 11 sharp, fit players competing to get anything here and we havent got it with this squad.

Cheers mate, saves me watching MOTD2 on Sunday.

Spurs did get hammered by Birmingham recently and leak goals like a drain. Just another side to the argument. I think this game is up for the points either way.

You have a point tbf. Goals mean nowt these days.

Guest toonlass

You forgot to sign off.....

You forgot to sign off.....

haha, oh shit, so he did, what happens now? life doesnt feel right, doug, get back and sign off!