PRE-MATCH West Ham v Newcastle

STM

I've got this lingering thought in the back of my mind that this run must end at some point. But why should it? We're playing some really good stuff, the inevitable dip in form didn't result in a loss and when we played poorly we still won. West Ham have had a really poor second half to the season and we're high on confidence, they're low on confidence. We've won there two seasons on the bounce n'all, in much worse situations.

It's such a strange feeling. One that i wouldn't be having under Bobby (or Keegan if i was old enough); it wouldn't be weird for us to go six games unbeaten. Such was the disasterous few years under Souness/Roeder/Allardyce.

Howay the lads. 2-1 to us.

I've got this lingering thought in the back of my mind that this run must end at some point. But why should it? We're playing some really good stuff, the inevitable dip in form didn't result in a loss and when we played poorly we still won. West Ham have had a really poor second half to the season and we're high on confidence, they're low on confidence. We've won there two seasons on the bounce n'all, in much worse situations.

It's such a strange feeling. One that i wouldn't be having under Bobby (or Keegan if i was old enough); it wouldn't be weird for us to go six games unbeaten. Such was the disasterous few years under Souness/Roeder/Allardyce.

I know exactly what you mean, I have this thought in the back of my mind that keeps saying "Right, when are we gonna slip up then?" But there's no good reason we should, Kev's got us playing like a good team, not a mediocre team with luck doomed to run out eventually.

i prefer the same... formation... if we want to change ... preferably goes to viduka position and geremi...

not like at all duff on martin position.... very unconvincing we'll get victory....

for me must be in the team is martin, owen, barton, butt, beye, faye, and enrique

See no reason why we can't win this one too. They're playing poorly and we're on a bit of a run.

3 points there for the taking if we start the game quickly and score first. Even if we concede first, I fancy us to come back and get something out of it.  :pow:

The fact that our defence has been so strong recently gives me a lot more confidence that we can get something from this game - 1 goal conceded in the last 5 games.

West Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam 0 Newcastle 2

Thing is, people can just say things that are bollocks whilst BLATANTLY knowing so too.

"Duff in for a start imo" is akin to Jim Bowen calling an all-female Bullseye team "a bit of glamour for the show" even when they were as rough as fuck.

Very good preview from the West ham perspective:

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2448

Good read this...

Aye well done Matthew Coker, got our situation, formations & players nailed on 1000000000 times better than any newspaper!

Tell you what though, after reading that then coming back on here my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets, horrible colours.

and how small was that bloody text for gods sake! i cant see!

I liked this bit.

The side has switched to a genuine 4-3-3, as opposed to the current penchant for a Sudoku inspired description of a five man midfield as a 4-3-3, with three centre forwards (Owen, Viduka and Martins) starting in recent weeks.

Then again we didn't win for about 3 months so we're owed an unbeaten run until the end of the season bluerazz.gif

I liked this bit.

The side has switched to a genuine 4-3-3, as opposed to the current penchant for a Sudoku inspired description of a five man midfield as a 4-3-3, with three centre forwards (Owen, Viduka and Martins) starting in recent weeks.

So true.

Lawro is just crazy, look at this, he starts off his prediction with:

Kevin Keegan has managed to fit three strikers into his Newcastle team and he has got that system working. And defensively they look better, too.

West Ham have been unconvincing as they struggle with injuries and they only scraped past Derby last week.

Then finishes with:

I think this could be a fairly open game and it may well have a few goals in it.

Errrr.... so Lawro, West Ham have been poor and Newcastle have been strong defensively, yet its going to be an open game and they will somehow get 2 goals? Yeah fuck off you fucking twat

Very good preview from the West ham perspective:

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2448

Well written and extremely well researched. He's writing for a website off his own bat and Weez Keez "the hapless Jose Enrique" Louise gets paid for spouting her mackem drivel. Nae justice like.

who does this Louise write for, remember reading some bollocks from her 6 months back about us needing a pacey fullback because of Stephen Carr's aging legs or some such shite