The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Preseason a week away, I'm drenched in optimism. Remember the Big Sam and the Ice Baths?

Heart monitors man. The future.

Heart Monitors, Ice Baths, Bullhorns. Visionary.

technique,teamwork,movement,plan.(08-09version hopefully)

Preseason a week away, I'm drenched in optimism. Remember the Big Sam and the Ice Baths?

Hopefully not! That means a year from now we'll just talk about Rugby or something.

Hopefully not! That means a year from now we'll just talk about Rugby or something.

you know what i mean

I'm still amazed that after Sam and all his heart monitors, Pro-Zone and 'revolutionary' modern ideas fucked off, the players came out saying training was much harder under Keegan.

The importance of tall players. As proven by Spain's team of giants.

I'm still amazed that after Sam and all his heart monitors, Pro-Zone and 'revolutionary' modern ideas fucked off, the players came out saying training was much harder under Keegan.

Playing 5-a-side is quite gruelling if you do it all day!

Stop worrying about Allardyce guys.

You all know that he'll be sat in his armchair, thinking:

"Spain played Silva and Iniesta on opposite wings at times and won Euro 2008. I did the same with Milner and N'Zogbia. I was obviously right. Wasn't my fault I got fired. Top club awaits you Samuel."

Congratulations to Spain, deserved winners.

Ballack just "won" his fourth silver this season :lol:

He has plenty of that back home aswell :lol:

The guy in naturally cursed..

Second year he won four silvers..

Back in 2002 he was second in Bundesliga, German Cup, Champions League and World Cup.

Now with Premier League, League Cup (?), Champions League and European Championship.

That's really something.

I thought Germany would put up a better show than that. They looked very lacking in confidence. Lots of players looking static or running backwards to receive the ball rather than getting forward.

Spain were strong in every department and won with something to spare.

I thought Germany would put up a better show than that. They looked very lacking in confidence. Lots of players looking static or running backwards to receive the ball rather than getting forward.

Spain were strong in every department and won with something to spare.

i thought that. remembering spain-sweden and italy. they werent as good against teams that were physical and worked them (think germany-portugal). still think the dutch were probably the best team in the tournament

overasll it's been a very enjoyable tournament (and i broke even). what i enjoyed best was the supposed 2nd tier teams (turkey,austria,switzerland) attacked their supposed betters and made games of it.

Agreed here too, some cracking matches and moments.

It was both a good thing and a bad thing that England weren't there IMO; it was nice not to have the press bullshit building us up and slaughtering us when down, but it always had the nagging feeling we should have been competing.