Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Still not seen that run. :angry:

me neither, was at the game but too pissed to remember it

Which run are you guys talking about?

N'Zogbia vs Man Utd in the 6-0, left about 6 players for dead.

Ah okey, cheers...

he played every minute of every game last season apparently for depertivo

He will no doubt have a hamstring injury by the end of Sept & groin operation at some point during the season, followed by a summer trip to Dickie Steadman surgery table now that he NUFC player.

If I had the money I'd consider purchasing an Argentina shirt.

What about this for £15? :lol:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_details.jsp?pid=72057594037943330&portal=af

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7576/argsexygoaljersls2006cph4.jpg

Jonas and Colo is a good excuse to buy the current Argentina shirt, it's class.

Hmm,

I thought that the terms: "Military Junta" - "Desaparecidos" - "Fixed World Cup"

Would go be more appropriate for the number 78

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/16/coloccini-can-cut-it-as-newcastle-s-new-hair-apparent-61634-21543838/

Coloccini can cut it as Newcastle’s new hair apparent

Aug 16 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

FABRICIO Coloccini’s command of English may not extend past the most cursory of greetings, but he has a thorough enough knowledge of the Premier League to know exactly what to expect if he is pitched into battle for his new club at Old Trafford tomorrow.

After more than a fortnight of uncertainty Newcastle United were finally able to unveil their new record defensive signing yesterday – and Kevin Keegan is considering handing him a debut against the European and Premier League champions.

Keegan will hope the rugged style honed by Coloccini in four years at Deportivo La Coruña integrates easily into his new life.

Coloccini’s eagerness to play in England – he revealed he turned down a move to Italy in favour of Newcastle – suggests he is ready.

Speaking through an interpreter, he said: “There were a couple of clubs interested in me, one in Italy but more than anything I wanted to come here to play English football, especially after the success English clubs have had in Europe and I’m also really keen to learn English.

“If the manager decides to play me it’s not a big risk for the team.

“For me personally I don’t consider it a risk because I’ve got to play my first match somewhere, so why not Sunday? I’ve been warned about it and it’s going to be different to the way the game was in Spain but I’ve experienced that when I went form Argentina to Spain. The first few matches can be difficult but after that I soon got used to it.”

With stand-out long, curly locks Coloccini will be instantly recognisable to Newcastle fans – and the similarity in hairstyle between manager and player – Keegan famously had a perm during his playing days – has already been discussed. “It was the first thing he said to me when we met. There are a lot of players in Argentina like this with long hair,” he said.

Keegan is deadly serious about his delight at finally getting the deal done, hailing the signing as a ‘statement of intent’ from the club.

“I am delighted that the deal is now done – Fabricio has got tremendous experience and is a full international with Argentina, that tells you he is a player of the very highest calibre,” he said.

“He’s a very athletic player, he played every minute in the league for his club last season, and he’s also very versatile.

“He is a centre-back but can play anywhere across the back four and also in midfield – he gives us massive options.”

Guest Geordie_Paul

I love the fact this thread dwindled on to about 160 pages before the signing was officially confirmed :p How gutted would people have been if after all that he went and signed a new contract with Depor!?

Let's hope that pic that was bibs (subs and squad members), versus non-bibs (starting XI v Man Utd) then.

Hope not, Zog at left back, Milner right wing, Duff left wing.

That what you're hoping for or what the bibs would indicate?

Cos if N'Zogbia plays full back at Old Trafford then we'll get bummed.

Had that magical Maradona-ish run in the 6-0 game last season. I would have taken 6-1 before the game if I knew Zoggy would have scored (ok, not really). Goal of the f'in decade.

See, I'm conflicted. If he scored there, no way is he still here.

But at the same time, Jesus Christ what a goal that would have been.

edit: shit, I bumped the behemoth.

Guest cfhpantera27

didnt want to start a new thread for this, Colo's involved so may as well post here..

does anyone know a decent site where i can buy a personalized Argentina top?

sports direct and kitbag only offer names such as Tevez and Messi.. and i dont think theres anywere local that i could get it printed,

cheers in advance!

:)

edit: just seen subsidesports do them after goin to the link above for the '78 one, anywhere cheaper?

Guest elbee909

yep bassedas, cordone and veron were great!

I think a lot of people would have had Veron, on the form he was in pre-Man Utd.  I'm sure you knew better of course.

I think a lot of people would have had Veron, on the form he was in pre-Man Utd.  I'm sure you knew better of course.

Yup.

He was played in the wrong position for Man Utd if you ask me, I still stand by that. At Lazio his best form was playing just off the striker, but he was asked to play a lot deeper for Man Utd.

Yup.

He was played in the wrong position for Man Utd if you ask me, I still stand by that. At Lazio his best form was playing just off the striker, but he was asked to play a lot deeper for Man Utd.

I thought the deeper role really suited him, but the football here was just too fast for him. Couldn't hack it when the brutes started kicking the shit out of him. Still a quality player and would have done well if the team was built around him (which it wasn't).