Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Athletic talent, yes. Footballing talent, not so sure.

Don't think Ranger's football is any worse than his athleticism TBH. Most of the good stuff I've seen him do included a good amount of technique.

Athletically he's spot on, man. As a footballer, he's most certainly not.

he does have decent technique, just not goalscoring technique yet

Guest Haris Vuckic

Can't see it myself. He's strong, good runner, generally pretty quick. Easy to build a career out of yourself having decent physicality.

If he gets remotely alreet Stoke will be after him.

He'll need to bulk up first for Stoke to be interested in him.

He needs to decide what kind of striker he's going to be as well. Does he want to play more on the shoulder and use his pace (although his lack of footballing intelligence will count against him in this regards). Or does he want to bulk up a bit more and become more of a target man.

He's shown glimpses of talent, he just doesn't have the application or natural goal scoring instinct, that you need to make it at the top level.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong though.

He couldn't stop scoring in the reserves, scoring tap ins headers, screamers. I watched him a few times and he was very good but this seems to have been lost in translation as he has moved into the first team - that chance against West Ham he would have scored 99 times out 100 for the reserves.

I think it might be an issue of confidence and when he gets that first league goal some more will come. He's look good off the bench and his physicality and pace served him well as an impact sub.

If he can train hard and iron out the creases - he can become a good premier league player

Guest neesy111

Right now his shooting and heading technique need a hell of a lot of work if he is to become even a Championship striker.

Spot on.  I hope he does improve, but I doubt it entirely.

I've still got some faith in Ranger. I hope we loan him out though, think his potential ability deserves one more year on the clubs books, out on loan playing regular football somewhere.

Make or break for him this season like, by the end of it he'll be 21, if he still hasnt improved it will be time to get rid.

It's a pity that we're not looking to loan him out.  He's got the attributes - I just think he needs more experience and playing in the Championship is ideal.

Lovenkrands and isn't going to be about for much longer and Ranger would have hopefully progressed enough by that time to step in.

It's a pity that we're not looking to loan him out.  He's got the attributes - I just think he needs more experience and playing in the Championship is ideal.

Lovenkrands and isn't going to be about for much longer and Ranger would have hopefully progressed enough by that time to step in.

Agreed. But I'm also with the club on this one. Potential, Ranger may have, but there's only so many times you can give someone a second chance.