Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

• 3 weeks later...

Former Premier League footballer Nile Ranger admits banking fraud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38584899

Former Premier League striker Nile Ranger has admitted an online banking fraud in which a woman lost more than £2,000.

The 25-year-old Southend United footballer pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud by obtaining bank details and transferring the money.

He denied a second count of money laundering at Wood Green Crown Court.

Reanne Morgan, 18, and Aseany Duncan, 19, both from Enfield, north London, will face trial for the same charges.

The court heard Ranger conspired to use the bank details of Diane Bloss in February 2015 and move £2,090 from one account to another.

Mitigating, Angus Bunyan, said the footballer's last serious conviction was more than 10 years ago.

Ranger's case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report. The money laundering charge will lie on file.

Morgan and Duncan were warned by Judge Peter Ader of the consequences of not appearing for trial.

They were told it "could be the difference between going to prison or being free".

Their trial is set for 24 April at the same court. Ranger will be sentenced afterwards.

Ranger, from north London, played for Newcastle United, England Under-19s, Swindon Town and Blackpool, before moving to Southend United in August.

Former Premier League footballer Nile Ranger admits banking fraud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38584899

Former Premier League striker Nile Ranger has admitted an online banking fraud in which a woman lost more than £2,000.

The 25-year-old Southend United footballer pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud by obtaining bank details and transferring the money.

He denied a second count of money laundering at Wood Green Crown Court.

Reanne Morgan, 18, and Aseany Duncan, 19, both from Enfield, north London, will face trial for the same charges.

The court heard Ranger conspired to use the bank details of Diane Bloss in February 2015 and move £2,090 from one account to another.

Mitigating, Angus Bunyan, said the footballer's last serious conviction was more than 10 years ago.

Ranger's case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report. The money laundering charge will lie on file.

Morgan and Duncan were warned by Judge Peter Ader of the consequences of not appearing for trial.

They were told it "could be the difference between going to prison or being free".

Their trial is set for 24 April at the same court. Ranger will be sentenced afterwards.

Ranger, from north London, played for Newcastle United, England Under-19s, Swindon Town and Blackpool, before moving to Southend United in August.

He'll never change. Twat.

Imagine having all that promise and obvious talent, and doing that with your life :lol:

I think people like Ranger, and to a lesser extent, Ravel Morrison and those sorts, should sign up to basically have all their money kept away from them until they are retired, minus reasonable living expenses. Sort of like an Agent and a minder all rolled into one. Would keep so many of the younger lads grounded too. Hell it's probably a good idea for all footballers under the age of 30 say.

Imagine having all that promise and obvious talent, and doing that with your life :lol:

I think people like Ranger, and to a lesser extent, Ravel Morrison and those sorts, should sign up to basically have all their money kept away from them until they are retired, minus reasonable living expenses. Sort of like an Agent and a minder all rolled into one. Would keep so many of the younger lads grounded too. Hell it's probably a good idea for all footballers under the age of 30 say.

Spendthrift trusts exist.  For obvious reasons they're usually not voluntary.

• 3 weeks later...

In an interview in November, the former Newcastle striker claimed

How many clubs does he have to go through before they stop calling him that :lol:

EDITL Wait, looks like they didn't even need to test him, the drug testing folk showed up and he fessed up.

:lol: If anyone remembers the stuff I posted about Ranger when he was with us then it shouldn't be any surprise he's been caught on the beak. I'm amazed it's taking this long for him to fail a drug test.

:lol: If anyone remembers the stuff I posted about Ranger when he was with us then it shouldn't be any surprise he's been caught on the beak. I'm amazed it's taking this long for him to fail a drug test.

Aye, him and his Chupa Chups-sucking, baseball cap the wrong way around-wearing mates were some of the biggest wankers I've ever seen out in Town! Utter helmets!