Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Cacapa is the oldest central defender, and Faye is the best. his age is only relevant if you can see his performances declining because of it, but nothing of the sort has happened, he's still in a top physical condition. back to square one if he leaves, as we'll have 2 weeks to replace him.

You're right about Cacapa being the oldest  :blush:,  I don't agree that Faye is our best when we've got Coloccini who looks like being his replacement.

Coloccini replacing Taylor, meaning Colo/Faye ... is a BIG improvement.

Coloccini replacing Faye, meaning Colo/Taylor ... is a decent improvement, but a few cracks remain, as Faye simply a better player than Tayls.

I reckon Faye's considered his age and simply wants assurances that he's going to play every game, and KK's told him that the first choice pairing doesn't include him (Colo and Taylor :undecided:). Stoke will almost certainly go down, but he's at least a guaranteed starter there.

I have every faith in Keegan and i think we've finally got a manager who i can trust and who's got his head screwed on the right way... but there's two things that have simply not settled with me that he seems adamant about. One of them is the patience with Taylor. The other is the patience with Smith, but that's a given really.

Faye really is head and shoulders above the lad as far as i'm concerned. :undecided:

I have every faith in Keegan and i think we've finally got a manager who i can trust and who's got his head screwed on the right way... but there's two things that have simply not settled with me that he seems adamant about. One of them is the patience with Taylor. The other is the patience with Smith, but that's a given really.

Faye really is head and shoulders above the lad as far as i'm concerned. :undecided:

I think KK places value in the whole Geordie thing with Taylor. Nothing to back it up like, just a feeling.

Enrique gonna be told to f*** off once Warnock comes in?

the daft thing is, we now NEED to go out and buy another CB as an absolute necessity. This after having it rammed down our throats how hard it is to attract good players. Sickening to be honest

they're s**** together and anyone content with them being our defensive partnership needs their head read.

Faye is twice the player Taylor is and absolutely integral to the team

Faye played in the team that lost 1-5 at home to Man U so does that not mean he's shite?  The whole team were playing poorly and without confidence for long periods last season because we were being set up to try and contain teams and by doing so invited teams on to us and we couldn't cope as a team.

Some people go way over the top about Taylor, some think he's brilliant while others think that he's shite, he's neither of those.  Cacapa and Taylor will not be our first choice so I’m not going to worry too much about those two playing too many games together.

will lose a lot of respect for Keegan if there is something in this, honestly man wtf

Can't say i'd lose a great deal of respect for the man... but it really is a proper bizarre move - unless Faye has made it damn clear that he doesn't want to play for this club. Faye/Coloccini could have had the potential to be so solid. And with a fantastic tackler to the right of them in Beye, and Enrique (or whoever) to the left, it really would represent one of the best back fours in the Premier League.

I don't dislike Taylor over-much, but he can certainly be a bit of a liability - he's definitely not of Faye's standard imo.

KK has a track record of this though David Kelly and Andy Cole were both sold despite being one of our best performers, KK upgraded with his replacements each though so we soon forgot.

If that happens then fair enough. If not we'll have weakened the first team IMO.

This is not what I call strenghtening and already bare squad - very unimpressed - that means we have a toss up of Taylor or Cacapa to partner Collo - one step forward, two back, same old same old

Cacapa is the oldest central defender, and Faye is the best. his age is only relevant if you can see his performances declining because of it, but nothing of the sort has happened, he's still in a top physical condition. back to square one if he leaves, as we'll have 2 weeks to replace him.

You're right about Cacapa being the oldest  :blush:,  I don't agree that Faye is our best when we've got Coloccini who looks like being his replacement.

Point is, we don't need to replace players like Faye, we need to add to them. If you're happy to go into the season with two central defenders with zero Premier League experience and two players with a track record of serious ricks, I'll have whatever you're drinking. 

Nobody knows how Faye and Coloccini would have worked together, the people within the club will have a better idea of what they want from our central defenders and how they will fit into the team.

Point is, we don't need to replace players like Faye, we need to add to them. If you're happy to go into the season with two central defenders with zero Premier League experience and two players with a track record of serious ricks, I'll have whatever you're drinking. 

bang on

I doubt very much that our first choice central defenders will both have zero experience in the league.  Even if the two without the experience play together I can't see it being the case by the time that the do play together.

It looks like Taylor will play alongside Coloccini so by the time Bassong gets a game with Coloccini we'll have one with and one without the experience.  At least that's the way it should be as Taylor doesn't have a bad injury record other than his shoulder which hasn't been a problem since his operation.

This is not what I call strenghtening and already bare squad - very unimpressed - that means we have a toss up of Taylor or Cacapa to partner Collo - one step forward, two back, same old same old

How is replacing Faye with Coloccini one step forward and two steps back?

How is replacing Faye with Coloccini one step forward and two steps back?

More like two steps forward, one step back, as somebody else said.

Slightly disappointed if he goes, because I think he's normally one of our more solid defenders; but as long as we make an effort he isn't exactly irreplaceable, and something tells me we have a replacement lined up already...

More like two steps forward, one step back, as somebody else said.

Slightly disappointed if he goes, because I think he's normally one of our more solid defenders; but as long as we make an effort he isn't exactly irreplaceable, and something tells me we have a replacement lined up already...

I think that's just about how I feel if this happens.

I love how some on here put a player down when we look to sell them, is that just to lessen the blow of them being sold? he went from being our best CB to over rated :lol:

Being marginally our best CB means fuck all in the grand scheme of the Premierships. The only reason he is coming across as overrated is because some people are having kittens he is going. I can understand Depor losing Colo causing a stir but I dont think the Bolton fans were that bothered last year when Faye left & nor should we.

The Bolton fans were bothered. There were links on here about them kicking off because we'd got their best CB.

Wouldn't want to see him go but at the same time wouldn't want him here if he really isn't happy and wants away.