Jose Enrique

Tooj

Excellent left back for us and I know a few people who've bumped I to him when they've been out and about and every one of them has said what a smashing bloke he is as well.

Wish him well with whatever he decides to do next.

Yep - I seen him out a few times and he's a cracking lad none more so than the night after the 5-1 when he was with Colo and Jonas and he bought me and mate a shot somewhere on the diamond strip (Baby Lynch I think!)! He simply wouldn't take one in return!

Forgot about Beye. Pretty sure we make players sign their soul over when they pen a contract.

Silly people criticising him when he left - he saw that the club was a shambles, irrelevant whether we got promoted or not.

Just a bunch of jibberish.

Errr....nah.

Amazing that McLaren wanted him back even though he'd barely played for about 3 years!  Just shows how clueless he was.

Says a lot about our scouting that we needed the player himself to do the right thing and tell us he was a busted flush.

Yeah it's laughable.  You can imagine the conversation...

Mac: "Hi Jose, fancy coming back to Newcastle?"

Jose: "I dunno Steve, i'm pretty s**** these days and my knee is absolutely f***ed..."

Mac: "Don't worry about that man, you can't be any worse than Dummett.  Plus you signing might keep the fans off my back for a week.  Name your wages and i'll ask the MD to sort it out for you.  Please, please!"

Jose: "No i really don't want to make a tit of myself, thanks for the offer though!"

Mac:  "Oh Christ!  Dunno what i'm gona do now!?  I have to go, must get the washing and ironing done before the wife gets back!"

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

No he wasn't. [emoji38] He took a little while to get to his best but he was rated from the start as someone people wanted to see more of. There was a fool who called him 'Joke Enrique' early on and perhaps a couple who agreed, but that was it.

• 7 months later...