KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the way i see it Ashley has 2 options. And it's lose / lose for him. he seems like he is too arrogant to accept that the fans are bigger than him at this club.

1 - get rid of Keegan. Face the wrath of the majority of fans. never recover from it and have to sell up

2 - keep keegan but admit defeat ref. the new structure. have his authority publicly undermined and have to sell up

Realistically, neither scenario is going to end with him selling the club. A few wins later and all will be forgotten/forgiven.

Guest BeatMakerz

Listening to the RADIO version of the interview makes more sense than the one in text with sky sports, Sky sports get given quotes and mess with the questions to the answers, in that Bevan interview with the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm - he clearly states that one thing is clear, KK is not discussing any compensation settlements - Fact, nothing to do with that, he is discussing issues  to staywith the club and is trying to work things out,SSN piss me off!you can see the crap actually coming out of the reporters mouths!!  :tickedoff:

the way i see it Ashley has 2 options. And it's lose / lose for him. he seems like he is too arrogant to accept that the fans are bigger than him at this club.

1 - get rid of Keegan. Face the wrath of the majority of fans. never recover from it and have to sell up

2 - keep keegan but admit defeat ref. the new structure. have his authority publicly undermined and have to sell up

Realistically, neither scenario is going to end with him selling the club. A few wins later and all will be forgotten/forgiven.

I can't see Ashley hanging about long term if he can't be "one of the lads".

According to the Journal its not really Ashley v. Keegan but Derek Llambias v. Keegan.

The solution to that is Keegan all the way.  :knuppel2:

Completely agree and its up to Ashley to decide (and he maybe already has) between to 2 options above. And i think he's possibly smart enough to realise that the manager must be the single focus. Personally i think the the structure (while not necessarily the personalities) is very good and that the manager should be using that to his advantage not fighting it.

What i don't agree with is that its terminal for Ashley and still think he can come out of it with the right decision made, the right people still at the club and his vision still in place.

According to the Journal its not really Ashley v. Keegan but Derek Llambias v. Keegan.

The solution to that is Keegan all the way.  :knuppel2:

What I was thinking all along

Llambias looks like he is a power hungry knob, kick him out and make Terry Mac the new MD  :lol:

Can see the board meetings now!  Sigh

"Errrrrrr ok like this is the errrr new proposals for errrr like the errrrrrrrrrrrr  Anybody wanna see my elephant impression? It's dead funny larr"

if kev does go then the press will have got exactly want they wanted as they have been trying to drive him out since the day he came back and i dont understand it. no doubt if he stays it will just carry on but alot worse.

just read the months of reports in the " media hate newcastle" thread its bizarre

My view is to the media it seems keegan as newcastle manager= disliked

keegan not manager = liked again

I don't like Llambias.

I've never met him, heard him say anything or actually physically seen him in anything other than one photo... But that one photo was enough. I definitely don't like him.

I don't like Llambias.

I've never met him, heard him say anything or actually physically seen him in anything other than one photo... But that one photo was enough. I definitely don't like him.

The video is even worse on that I love beye site

Ashley looks approachable and that Llambias twat has his arms folded and turns round with a look of who do you think you are talking to us

Grade A prick

Keegan is in a fantastic position now. He can say to the board, 'get rid of me and your company's fucked'. That has been demonstrated by the public response, which as I said yesterday was vital, yet some of you mocked it.

Ashley has made his fortune in retail and in that business the rule is 'give what the customer wants'.  In this world, the fans are his customers and they want Keegan. Should Ashley now get rid of Keegan, he won't have a leg to stand on and I think we will see Dennis Wise and possibly Llambias packing very soon. However, Keegan who has been treat so poorly since his return will need all the guarantees he can get from Ashley and that may be the crucial point. Mike Ashley can surprisingly come out of this looking a kind of hero, and that is by getting rid of Wise and Llambias and becoming the direct line of contact to Keegan himself, backing the man with anything he demands.

Dennis Wise has done nothing wrong, it's his position at the club. He should never have been hired, because when you have a person doing that job it undermines the manager. Continental clubs use these like Real Madrid etc. Here in England we don't use it and Keegan has fast found out he's being used like a puppet. If you're appointed manager of a business and you think you're in charge and you find out people in the background have been calling the shots without contacting you, you're going to be annoyed. This is what's happening here. I'm not saying Wise has personally done anything wrong, it's just his position at the club should never have existed.

Keegan is in a fantastic position now. He can say to the board, 'get rid of me and your company's f***ed'. That has been demonstrated by the public response, which as I said yesterday was vital, yet some of you mocked it.

Ashley has made his fortune in retail and in that business the rule is 'give what the customer wants'.  In this world, the fans are his customers and they want Keegan. Should Ashley now get rid of Keegan, he won't have a leg to stand on and I think we will see Dennis Wise and possibly Llambias packing very soon. However, Keegan who has been treat so poorly since his return will need all the guarantees he can get from Ashley and that may be the crucial point. Mike Ashley can surprisingly come out of this looking a kind of hero, and that is by getting rid of Wise and Llambias and becoming the direct line of contact to Keegan himself, backing the man with anything he demands.

The player who became a manager. The manager who became a slave. The slave...who defied an emperor/club owner. Striking story! But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Only a famous death will do. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?

/end Gladiator reference

Keegan is in a fantastic position now. He can say to the board, 'get rid of me and your company's fucked'. That has been demonstrated by the public response, which as I said yesterday was vital, yet some of you mocked it.

If Ashley caves in to Keegan we could end up with Robbie Fowler type signings (Thierry Henry?) rather than steals like Jonas. I'd be wary of that scenario if I was Ashley.

Dennis Wise has done nothing wrong, it's his position at the club. He should never have been hired, because when you have a person doing that job it undermines the manager. Continental clubs use these like Real Madrid etc. Here in England we don't use it and Keegan has fast found out he's being used like a puppet.

Yeah but Keegan knew that from the beginning so he shouldn't have any complaints on that score.

If Ashley caves in to Keegan we could end up with Robbie Fowler type signings (Thierry Henry?) rather than steals like Jonas. I'd be wary of that scenario if I was Ashley.

Didnt Keegan sign the likes of Ginola, Beardsley, Cole, Shearer, Asprilla, Ferdinand? Good enough for me

Won't happen

Ashley doesn't want to be involved in the day to day running he's always stated that.  What he needs is to appoint an MD that Keegan could get on with and has experience in that position.

We have had 2 MD's under ashleys reign and neither have had prior experience in that role and it shows when the speed of transfers have been taking so long to complete.

Get someone at teh head of the board Keegan knows and trusts and we are on our way!  Anyway I thought this Llambias bloke was stepping down

Who in the hell mentioned Keegan would sign anyone like Fowler up here?? It is relevant to the situation. Then, Keegan got them promoted and signed players to help a poor team and signed Fowler and Anelka. When near the top of the league and with money, he broke the record to sign Shearer. Christ some people need their heads checked.

Surely it's not the signings that are the problem. I'm sure even KK knows what good buys some of them have been.

It's the selling of players that is the problem in my opinion.

and if he's going to walk out over milner,smith and barton you have to question him.

I agree, Keep the scouts as they are and Wise as youth recruiter that bit seems to be working well

Keegans obviously said to Llambias get me these in on Monday and the tit hasn't done it.

Get a MD Keegan can trust and we're laughing