KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Craig Hope's alarm not go off this morning or something?

f***ing joke that nothing has been said. The communication all summer long has been very, very poor - i won't deny that.

Felt that one of the strengths of the new regime has always been communication.

I'll agree that the handling of this situation is abject though. Hopefully it's because they're still trying to convince him to stay.

Did Craig Hope's alarm not go off this morning or something?

Fucking joke that nothing has been said. The communication all summer long has been very, very poor - i won't deny that.

Depends on what you mean by poor, and what you consider the club's job is. Every time there's been something official to say, they've said it through the official channels, and not before.

Iwouldn't expect them to issue a statment about every bit of speculation. If nothing is decided they're harldy going to announce 'we're just mulling over whether to sack Kevin at the moment, we'll kep you posted'!

Ok, I said I wouldn't jump to conclusions or assume anything but here is my take on what's happened;

- KK is pissed off due to lack of bodies throughout the window and wants a showdown with Big Mike.

- Mike, Jeff and little Den are present and KK fumes

- KK storms out furious with the lack of action saying he's quit

- Big Mike reassures him of his plans for the club and gives KK until xx 'O'Clock to change his mind before announcing it publically.

We're in that period now. Hence no official noise from the club.

If Keegan stays, it'll genuinely be the biggest sense of relief i've ever felt with regards to Newcastle United; bigger so than us hanging on in massive games. I can't cope with Keegan going... i know i wasn't around for the first era but i love the man.

I feel like boycotting football if it does happen (the Man City thing has made me sick aswell tbh), won't be able to bring myself to do it though.

Ok, I said I wouldn't jump to conclusions or assume anything but here is my take on what's happened;

- KK is pissed off due to lack of bodies throughout the window and wants a showdown with Big Mike.

- Mike, Jeff and little Den are present and KK fumes

- KK storms out furious with the lack of action saying he's quit

- Big Mike reassures him of his plans for the club and gives KK until xx 'O'Clock to change his mind before announcing it publically.

We're in that period now. Hence no official noise from the club.

But didn't you just assume all of that?

I'm hurting. The enormity of this situation just eclipses everything. I've been of the opinion that Ashley's got his head screwed on; that him and his people need commending for sorting out our finances, that he's done well to make us stable again, and that the recruitment team he brought in was with the right incentives and was working well. I'd even thought we had a good transfer window.

But if they sack Keegan, i'll probably lose every iota of respect for them that i've ever had. This is Kevin Keegan's club and he will take us in the right direction. Right back to square one, and lower, if Keegan goes.

Cracking post, summed it up for me. What a laughing stock man, fucking hell, and the club don't have the decency to tell us either way.

If we appoint Poyet and Wise I will be sick.

That would truly show how horribly out of touch Ashley is.

Without doubt even more unpopular than Souness in the latter stages of his "reign". A big statement but true in my opinion.