Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

Just watching the incident again, but he nearly took Bassong out too. Terrible "challenge".

I'd love to know what was going through his head, he had two goes at him.

"Fuck this shit game, fuck this smirking cunt for getting away with this shit all game and the ref doing sweet fuck all about it" *attempts to snap leg*

I reckon Guthrie's one of those that has benefitted from the mystical "extra 10%" that Keegan gets from players.  Let's hope we don't have too many more like that.

He stupidly went flying in but I honestly think he thought he was going to get the ball, their time wasting was a wind up the ref giving them a corner after the linesman who was right there had given us a goal kick did not help, that was right infront of me I was going fucking mental.

You say that like it's a good thing.

Bad thing to be honest. However he has the potential and we should develop him.  I reckon he would turn out be better than Jenas. Not a starter for England but definitely has the quality to break into the international squad.

Guthrie for me is a longer term potential and its scary that we are relying on him as a key member of our midfield.  While generally tidy in posession and sprays the odd good pass, I don't see him hurting teams are present and certainly not good enough to make a real impact on games.  Put him beside Butt and we have a nothing centre mid partnership.

As a few have said, the transfer policy of the summer has really come home to roost if we are struggling when Guthrie is suspended.  For me, we were struggling before Guthrie was suspended tbh - he is a 21 yr old lad who while looks like there is potential there, hasn't been particulalry sparkling and has little experience - not someone who should be running our midfield.

He reminds me of a very young Flamini. Tidy as hell, rarely looses the ball and technically very sound. Except we might have to use him as if he's Fabregas.

When he is deep he has the composure of Beckenbauer, his passing reminds me at times of Hoddle. It is shame he doesn't take more set pieces as his delivery is reminiscent of Beckham, if you look at how strikes the ball. The goal he scored at Hartlepool was like Gazza in his prime, this prove he has it in his locker to go forward. As for his sending off all the great players of the game have a short fuse so that is nothing to worry about.

I reckon Guthrie's one of those that has benefitted from the mystical "extra 10%" that Keegan gets from players.  Let's hope we don't have too many more like that.

I think that's a bit harsh. He's actually one of the few midfielders we've had in ages who actually passes and moves. Hardly a Gerrard I agree, but definitely an improvement to the squad.

He reminds me of a very young Flamini. Tidy as hell, rarely looses the ball and technically very sound. Except we might have to use him as if he's Fabregas.

Silly comparison tbh.

Guthrie for me is a longer term potential and its scary that we are relying on him as a key member of our midfield.  While generally tidy in posession and sprays the odd good pass, I don't see him hurting teams are present and certainly not good enough to make a real impact on games.  Put him beside Butt and we have a nothing centre mid partnership.

As a few have said, the transfer policy of the summer has really come home to roost if we are struggling when Guthrie is suspended.  For me, we were struggling before Guthrie was suspended tbh - he is a 21 yr old lad who while looks like there is potential there, hasn't been particulalry sparkling and has little experience - not someone who should be running our midfield.

spot on

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I never said I don't rate him. I would like to know why the crack recruitment team (who know football better than KK) have left us in a situation where Danny Guthrie being suspended leaves us with a midfield crisis.

Because Keegan wouldn't let us sell Barton to raise funds for Schweinsteiger.

I never said I don't rate him. I would like to know why the crack recruitment team (who know football better than KK) have left us in a situation where Danny Guthrie being suspended leaves us with a midfield crisis.

Because Keegan wouldn't let us sell Barton to raise funds for Schweinsteiger.

You've got to be taking the piss.