Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest black n white

Is that ssn going through the papers or he is actually in Dubai

was reported after the papers but probably taken from the times knowing them

The tail wagged the dog last saturday, regardless of who you believed 'lied' once you have 'fan-power' deciding things then the only path from there is a downward spiral.

What happens when the next owner doesn't bring KK back............another march, banners and protest for another?

I am really and seriously worried about the club now.

top top top post  :thup:

no more words needed

The tail wagged the dog last saturday, regardless of who you believed 'lied' once you have 'fan-power' deciding things then the only path from there is a downward spiral.

What happens when the next owner doesn't bring KK back............another march, banners and protest for another?

no more words needed

Aye, I'm very worried as well. We've driven out a competent owner with a sustainable long-term plan, and I don't know who else will be coming in who is better.

And if we had such a problem with Ashley, who was essentially buying us because he loved football and wanted a hobby, what are we going to think of an oil sheik who just wants to boast to his mates and make himself look powerful in the west. Or someone who wants to bring in a couple of Chinese players just to sell more shirts in Asia?

Chinese property developer Xu Rongmao is keen on the north-east club, with a view to exploiting the commercially valuable land surrounding the stadium. (The Guardian)

Would the commercially valuable land around the stadium be the St James Park Metro station car park?  Because other than that I can't think of what land the club actually own.

I'm not sure I want Ashley anyway if he's so easily scared off. Football is a passionate thing, you'll always feel the wrath of unhappy fans, whatever you do. If he is that confident in his system and his personnel then he shouldn't be backing down so quickly.

'Look at this system lads, it truly is the way forward'

'No it isn't'

'You're right, I'm off'

I'm not sure I want Ashley anyway if he's so easily scared off. Football is a passionate thing, you'll always feel the wrath of unhappy fans, whatever you do. If he is that confident in his system and his personnel then he shouldn't be backing down so quickly.

'No it isn't'

'You're right, I'm off'

you're right with that but it's obvious it wasn't going to be as nice and reasonable as how you've just portrayed it dave

he was looking at weeks, months, maybe years of people threatening him and making his life a misery

fella always said he was in it for the enjoyment iirc

no more words needed

Aye, I'm very worried as well. We've driven out a competent owner with a sustainable long-term plan, and I don't know who else will be coming in who is better.

And if we had such a problem with Ashley, who was essentially buying us because he loved football and wanted a hobby, what are we going to think of an oil sheik who just wants to boast to his mates and make himself look powerful in the west. Or someone who wants to bring in a couple of Chinese players just to sell more shirts in Asia?

There are a lot who think this way.

Whatever anyone says it was a minority on Saturday who demonstrated applauded that stupid offensive banner.

However as always 10,000 noisy fans are a lot louder than 40,000 quiet ones.

Media representation means no one in the UK would believe it right now but there are an awful lot of sane and rational Newcastle supporters who think a long term strategy and transfer structure is preferable to the path to bankruptcy the previous administrations were leading us down.

'No it isn't'

'You're right, I'm off'

That's a good point as well Dave, the same could be said about Keegan.

I'm a bit disappointed in Ashley for giving up so easily. He could have easily released that same statement except with a few sentences changed to things like 'I've got the message but I'll show you it's for the best what I'm doing', and 'I hope you'll welcome me back when I come and sit with the fans again soon', and he might have been able to calm things down a bit.

That said, it seems he wants NUFC as a hobby and as something to do on a Saturday, so if he couldn't go to the games and enjoy himself then I suppose the shine went off the whole thing for him.

He needs to realise though that a good manager appointed and a top-10 finish would have seen him a hero again. Fans really are that fickle, as we've proved the last couple of weeks.

'No it isn't'

'You're right, I'm off'

That's a good point as well Dave, the same could be said about Keegan.

I'm a bit disappointed in Ashley for giving up so easily. He could have easily released that same statement except with a few sentences changed to things like 'I've got the message but I'll show you it's for the best what I'm doing', and 'I hope you'll welcome me back when I come and sit with the fans again soon', and he might have been able to calm things down a bit.

That said, it seems he wants NUFC as a hobby and as something to do on a Saturday, so if he couldn't go to the games and enjoy himself then I suppose the shine went off the whole thing for him.

He needs to realise though that a good manager appointed and a top-10 finish would have seen him a hero again. Fans really are that fickle, as we've proved the last couple of weeks.

Top 10 - I don't think so!

Wait a minute, some people I know would have been happy with that.

Incredible.

As for now . . . staying in the Premier league is not even certain with all this disruption following a very poor summer . . .

Not if he had kept the same backroom setup, which is, as far as I know why people are pissed off.

Well in a way, but the only reason the backroom setup is pissing people off is because it led to Keegan walking out. If the manager had been working with it OK, we would still be saying the players were good quality and the whole thing was a brilliant idea.

Top 10 - I don't think so!

Wait a minute, some people I know would have been happy with that.

Incredible.

As for now . . . staying in the Premier league is not even certain with all this disruption following a very poor summer . . .

Well, fair enough maybe 10th would be average, but anything 8th or better would be excellent progress. And people would have every reason to be pleased.

The summer was in no way 'very poor', and the only reason we are even contemplating relegation is the manager walking out.

Fan power hasn't won, Ashley/ the media/ whoever, might want people to believe it but the fact is that if Ashley didn't want to sell he wouldn't.

I believe that he is manipulating events to make him out to be the good guy done wrong by a club is disarray when he bought it, a mad manager and maniac fans who he is scared witless of.

We all know FS had lost his way & was in danger of taking the club into Administration. FS & SJH knew this, the fans knew this and something was done about it. FS isn't responsible for what Ashley is now doing. Ashley knew what he was taking on, don't be fooled, he will make a profit out of this.

The fans are rightly upset with how Ashley has gone about key issues and have held peaceful demonstrations. Ashley is using the fans as a vehicle to get out & warn the world about the place.

Mike Ashley, good guy, mis-undertood, scared to go out his front door, Billionairre.

Not if he had kept the same backroom setup, which is, as far as I know why people are pissed off.

Well in a way, but the only reason the backroom setup is pissing people off is because it led to Keegan walking out. If the manager had been working with it OK, we would still be saying the players were good quality and the whole thing was a brilliant idea.

It didn't need for much to change either - just for Wise to report to/work to/work for Keegan (rather than the other way round) and the structure would have worked.

All this 'angst' would then have been avoided.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Shay Given went du-lally in front of his Newcastle United teammates after their humiliating defeat by Hull City on Saturday, it has been revealed.

As the shell-shocked players sat down to digest the 2-1 loss and the events of the past fortnight — which have seen manager Kevin Keegan quit then almost return — Given lost it.

A dressing-room insider told The Sun: “Shay was going absolutely nuts. He cannot believe what is happening at Newcastle.

“He was flinging things around the dressing room and getting very annoyed.

“He was saying how the board should be talking to the players, telling them what is going on instead of hiding.

“The rest of the squad look up to Shay and have never seen him so angry.

“He is a real professional and doesn’t think this is any way to run a club.”

Given has made 440 appearances for Toon, while veteran midfielder Nicky Butt is another finding the situation intolerable.

The insider added: “Nicky was at Manchester United where these sorts of things do not happen.

“He is completely frustrated by what is going on.”

It didn't need for much to change either - just for Wise to report to/work to/work for Keegan (rather than the other way round) and the structure would have worked.

All this 'angst' would then have been avoided.

It did pretty much work that way, both Wise and Keegan said that KK had the final say. Realistically Keegan wouldn't have lasted a fortnight if Wise was calling the shots, never mind 8 months.

Wise is a convenient scapegoat for the mob to abuse but he's not the one who spat the dummy (again) and walked out on the club.

Shay Given went du-lally in front of his Newcastle United teammates after their humiliating defeat by Hull City on Saturday, it has been revealed.

As the shell-shocked players sat down to digest the 2-1 loss and the events of the past fortnight which have seen manager Kevin Keegan quit then almost return Given lost it.

A dressing-room insider told The Sun: Shay was going absolutely nuts. He cannot believe what is happening at Newcastle.

He was flinging things around the dressing room and getting very annoyed.

He was saying how the board should be talking to the players, telling them what is going on instead of hiding.

The rest of the squad look up to Shay and have never seen him so angry.

He is a real professional and doesnt think this is any way to run a club.

Given has made 440 appearances for Toon, while veteran midfielder Nicky Butt is another finding the situation intolerable.

The insider added: Nicky was at Manchester United where these sorts of things do not happen.

He is completely frustrated by what is going on.

The same frustrations which caused Guthrie to make that "tackle" and left 50,000 Geordies feeling totally sick on Saturday evening.

It needs to be sorted, it needs the mob to pipe down and the people involved to talk publically.

Fan power hasn't won, Ashley/ the media/ whoever, might want people to believe it but the fact is that if Ashley didn't want to sell he wouldn't.

I believe that he is manipulating events to make him out to be the good guy done wrong by a club is disarray when he bought it, a mad manager and maniac fans who he is scared witless of.

We all know FS had lost his way & was in danger of taking the club into Administration. FS & SJH knew this, the fans knew this and something was done about it. FS isn't responsible for what Ashley is now doing. Ashley knew what he was taking on, don't be fooled, he will make a profit out of this.

The fans are rightly upset with how Ashley has gone about key issues and have held peaceful demonstrations. Ashley is using the fans as a vehicle to get out & warn the world about the place.

Mike Ashley, good guy, mis-undertood, scared to go out his front door, Billionairre.

:lol: @ the logic. Ashley controlled the fans through the dark arts of spin and PR and got them to demonstrate on saturday?

Spectacular.

So had there been no protests at all he would still have put the club up for sale this week?  Amazing co-incidence that like.

As long as we have Ameobi playing week in week out we will be fine in terms of avoiding relegation.  He was given little credit for what was a good performance on Saturday.  We will hover above the relegation zone all season but keep Ameobi fit, he can gain us at least an extra 2 points this season.

Ameobi must  be affected by the off-field unrest as it did impact his game a little.

The f*cking useless c*nt.

As long as we have Ameobi playing week in week out we will be fine in terms of avoiding relegation.  He was given little credit for what was a good performance on Saturday.  We will hover above the relegation zone all season but keep Ameobi fit, he can gain us at least an extra 2 points this season.

Ameobi must  be affected by the off-field unrest as it did impact his game a little.

The f*cking useless c*nt.

:razz:

Why is everyone bitching here, Ashley made a dogs dinner of things, and Keegan is bigger than Ashley, because like Shearer he has history and is one of us in heart, so that makes him bigger than Ashley in my eyes and a lot of other people and I'm in my forties and protested along with some mates of similar age, far from being kids. I been going for over 35 years and I think Ashley and Co don't fit what our club needs.

One last thing Ashley was prepared to put £20m a year thats not enough and as he said he couldn't afford more, no problem but we need someone who will put the money in and at the same time turn the club in to a profit making business, because success off the field brings in revenue from cups and higher league positions plus that gets you a higher profile which makes your position in negotiating sponsors stronger so getting first class sponsorship deals.

The first impression I got from your word is --- increase season ticket's price by at least 40%.

FFS.

What you on man, I never said anything about season tickets   :cheesy: :idiot2: