Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

What i did notice about Taylor in the first half, is how slow he is to react to anything, WBA had a chance and they got round and Given saved and Coloccini was sliding infront of Given trying to block the shot, up pops Taylor strolling about on the edge of the D as it went out for a corner, Barton told him to wake up but it was shambolic defending.

if it had been taylor ?

Where was Taylor?

about 10 yds to the left.

serious question...what would folk have said if that had been taylor that got caught out for the goal ?

what would folk have said if butt or taylor had ducked (i know it wouldn't have stopped it) from richardsons free kick on saturday the way jonas did ?

if it had been taylor ?

Where was Taylor?

serious question...what would folk have said if that had been taylor that got caught out for the goal ?

what would folk have said if butt or taylor had ducked (i know it wouldn't have stopped it) from richardsons free kick on saturday the way jonas did ?

I personally would say the same for Taylor as i've said for Colo as i don't think Taylor's as bad as people say.

I'm not sure what people would have said if either was Taylor, I don't think I'd have blamed him for the Coloccini stumble as he was going in one direction then tried to go the other.  I'm not sure I would call it a mistake although I might change my mind if I see it again.

I thought Taylor and Colo both had good games today. For their goal, it was a good run and a good pass, and I'd say a lack of communication and understanding between our CDs is what allowed it to happen.

I think colo looks like a 25 million pound DM but thats just me. He is a good CB but a better DM imo.

Sorry but he isn't better in a position he's never played.

he's played there plenty of times before he came here

For who? Not for Deportivo.

wrong

Right, I watched Deportivo loads last season and he played center back and right back.

Thought he was good again today, really. I know this sounds like i'm making excuses for him, i'm honestly not, but i really do want to see that goal again (didn't watch the post-match chatter). Really couldn't tell what the hell went wrong there. He looked to be in no mans land though.

I think colo looks like a 25 million pound DM but thats just me. He is a good CB but a better DM imo.

Sorry but he isn't better in a position he's never played.

he's played there plenty of times before he came here

For who? Not for Deportivo.

wrong

Right, I watched Deportivo loads last season and he played center back and right back.

i didnt say it was last season. a couple of years ago he went something like a third of the season playing defensive midfield.

Thought he was good again today, really. I know this sounds like i'm making excuses for him, i'm honestly not, but i really do want to see that goal again (didn't watch the post-match chatter). Really couldn't tell what the hell went wrong there. He looked to be in no mans land though.

He slipped, if he had kept his footing Miller wouldn't have scored.

Lot of slipping and scruffing of shots from both sides today, now that I think of it.

Problem with pitch conditions?

Lot of slipping and scruffing of shots from both sides today, now that I think of it.

Problem with pitch conditions?

Wouldn't shock me, given our history with pitch conditions.

Thought he done well overall last night, But I don't think he's nowhere near as good as some people on here make out.....

I never really heard much of him before he came here but the way some people were going on you would of thought he was absolute class.

Don't get me wrong I like him, I think he looks like a decent c/b & I hope he gets better as the season continues...

Apart from the goal, looked really good again to me did a lot of organizing today too which i thought was good. Thought he was unlucky for the goal but considering all the pressure on us in that second half, its good that only one chance went through from about 7.

To be fair to him on the goal he was tracking the run of the player then the ball was played inside of him and he couldn't change his run in time.

if it had been taylor ?

At least Coloccini was marking his man even if he got done by the pass. For the first goal, Taylor left his striker, ended up stranded in no man's land, and the lad he'd stopped marking scored the goal. Andy Gray pointed it out at the time.

I thought Coloccini looked pretty good again yesterday, though it looked to me like he'd been told to get rid of the ball if there's anyone near him. He seemed to hoof the ball away an awful lot more than he's ever done yesterday. He still tried to actually find a player though.

Perhaps Coloccini is made to look better than he is due to the poor defending that often goes on. He's one who can control the ball, generally plays it safe and does his job, plain and simple. Also strong in the tackle.

He's not immune from mistakes of course, but he's someone you're lucky to have. At his best he can give any attacker a hard afternoon.

I think on this occasion you have to give credit to the pass, it was perfectly weighted and Coloccini was caught out by it.

Agreed, I don't think he did much wrong. He was tracking his man and couldn't change position quick enough because the pass was pretty much perfect.

Colo got caught out twice last night, got turned twice by a straight ball 1st time Given saved 2nd time they scored, both times were his to deal with and he didn't BUT Taylor should have been over to cover for him as Colo has pushed out.

Colo got caught out twice last night, got turned twice by a straight ball 1st time Given saved 2nd time they scored, both times were his to deal with and he didn't BUT Taylor should have been over to cover for him as Colo has pushed out.

If we're talking about the Morrison save, it was Taylor.

If we're talking about the Morrison save, it was Taylor.