mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

I thought Butt was alright aside from the free-kick, in comparison to his other performances at least.

To be fair - other than Coloccini who i thought was great again - there wasn't one individual all day that didn't let us down in one way or another, aside from the subs whom it would be unfair to criticise.

Given - 6. Couple of good saves. Martin Fulop has a more accurate goal-kick, though.

Beye - 5. Caught in space. Lost possession. Didn't push up effectively. Pretty poor.

Taylor - 5. Strong in the first half. Bramble in the second half. Constant errors.

Coloccini - 8. Did everything right, really. Dominated the air, stayed close to his markers, rushed out to make tackles yet still didn't lose possession. Quality player.

Bassong - 5. Truly lost out there.

Geremi - 6. Didn't track back and didn't supply the striekrs often enough. Nice assist, though.

Guthrie - 6. Caught in possession a lot but was atleast one outlet of supply.

Butt - 6. Just about a six, as he made some good challenges and had more fight and desire about him than most.

Duff - 5. Where was he ffs? Same as Geremi really, didn't track back and cover and didn't support the strikers.

Ameobi - 5. Nice finish and started well. Bumbled around for 80% of the game though doing very little.

Martins - 5. Gash, no movement, no desire. Begs the question of whether or not he still wants to be here. A bit heartbreaking, that one.

Not going to argue with that.

Guest LucaAltieri

Duff -       4 Wear your shirt back to front maybe then you'll attack the bastards, McCartney could have done his tax return the amount of free time you gave him

:laugh:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ywybmp.jpg

"Joey Barton kisses the badge infront of the Sunderland fans during the Barclays Premier League match between Sunderland and Newcastle"

Ultimately made to look like a bit of a dick, then. What's the point in doing that, really? Incenses a little cluster of opposition fans. More of a personal battle than anything, that. I know, he's not done anything atrocious - but just, what's the point? :rolleyes: 

made to look like a bit of dick?  how?  He put on more effort in his 15 minutes than 8 of his 10 teammates had all game.  Or did he kiss the badge and say "I'll get a brace for my beloved Newcastle"? I'm not understanding how it made him look foolish at all.

If it riled up the crowd so what?  I'm leaning towards netural on the whole thing but if I had to pick a feeling about it I'd be happy he pissed some of them off. 

"Joey Barton kisses the badge infront of the Sunderland fans during the Barclays Premier League match between Sunderland and Newcastle"

Ultimately made to look like a bit of a dick, then. What's the point in doing that, really? Incenses a little cluster of opposition fans. More of a personal battle than anything, that. I know, he's not done anything atrocious - but just, what's the point? :rolleyes: 

I liked it, just as much cause it's to wind up the other fans.

The wind played a big part as our more technically gifted players were unable to let their superior quality tell......

Only joking!  mackems.gif

In all seriousness, Martins was a big let down today, he didnt support Shola, wasnt thinking at all just hoping that he might pull of a bit of magic if the ball happened to land at his feet. With all the long balls that were played up to Shola today, Martins just seemed to randomly run about in the vicinity. Duff went to sleep in the second half too.

Could have been worse but Barton nearly saved the day at the death, that would have been funny.

Never felt this bad after a defeat

I've felt a hell of a lot worse tbh. Aye, it stings a bit more than usual, ut we weren't embarrassed and they were long overdue a win. I'm not suicidal, we simply weren't at the races, both in the dugout and on the pitch. We've got two very winnable home games coming up.

He was probably trying to eat the badge.

Never felt this bad after a defeat

I've felt a hell of a lot worse tbh. Aye, it stings a bit more than usual, ut we weren't embarrassed and they were long overdue a win. I'm not suicidal, we simply weren't at the races, both in the dugout and on the pitch. We've got two very winnable home games coming up.

Aye they are winnable but if JK keeps with that team we have no chance.

Plus not sure how todays game would have affected confidence

Guest Heneage

How come its not been mentioned the coin thrown at Barton? I won't group those useless Monkey faced bastards together as its obviously a small section of their hairy mob that do it, but its unacceptable, this is a game.

How come its not been mentioned the coin thrown at Barton? I won't group those useless Monkey faced bastards together as its obviously a small section of their hairy mob that do it, but its unacceptable, this is a game.

Nowt will happen because its Barton

The wind played a big part as our more technically gifted players were unable to let their superior quality tell......

Only joking!  mackems.gif

In all seriousness, Martins was a big let down today, he didnt support Shola, wasnt thinking at all just hoping that he might pull of a bit of magic if the ball happened to land at his feet. With all the long balls that were played up to Shola today, Martins just seemed to randomly run about in the vicinity. Duff went to sleep in the second half too.

Could have been worse but Barton nearly saved the day at the death, that would have been funny.

was the opposite if anything, played far too conservatively and never had a go himself, instead always opting for the safe pass or slowed down to keep possession. very disappointing in either case though. contrast with cisse who ran at people, stretched our defence, took risks and fired shots from long distance.

I noticed that straight away. I thought that's what all the fuss was about until they mentioned someone trying to get to him.

Harsh on Martins, i sympathise with him getting frustrated, i mean all he had to feed off were scraps, and when he finally got the ball at his feet, he was so frustaraed all composure went out the window. Cisse had lots of nice passes played to him throughout the whole game, and good crosses, Martins had precisely nothing. The tactics are what are really at fault today.

Have to say, the tactics from Kinnear were shocking - he showed from the off that he was scared in that game, we have far better ball carriers than them and we did nothin but long balls.

The full backs rarely got past the half way line, let alone make any overlapping runs and zero width was offered by the wingers, ball retention in there half was none existent - we panicked on the ball and didnt spread play like we should be doing. Tired of Butts hollywood balls, games like this when he should beusing his experinecs to try and slow down play and stress the importances of ball retention, not giving away stupid cynical freekicks in dangerous positions. Guthrie was non existent.

Dont blame the strikers too much, although for me Shola is just too poor, technically i dont see one good consitent stregnth to his game, it was oly a few months ago when Stoke were turning up there noses at him, Martins probably should of tried to retain possession better but again the service to both of them was dire. Both players do better with the ball at their feet.

Colo is a good defender but i genuinely feel that his poor aerial ability is going to be a major weakness one that may hinder him too much. He desperately needs to get someone who will dominate the ball besides him, having said that his aerial ability may still get exploited on crosses.

Taylor was very poor - i dont think he's good enough at all.

For me, although the indiviudal performances were poor - i'd have to say that they were a result of JK poor terrible tactics.

Sunderland deserved their win though.

Six months ago we rolled this lot over with ease.

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Something doesn't make sense.

Yeah, the squad is definitely the reason why we lost this game.