West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Main thing I'm worried about is him staying out of prision and not being sold to the first team who fancies a decent punt on him.

If you're worried about the club selling him to make some money, I don't think that will happen.

Ashley will like the fact he's ready-made player that he doesn't have to splash out a transfer fee on. Hopefully he'll realise that it's false economy to sell a player like that.

Obviously if he becomes world-class he might eventually have to look elsewhere... unless we develop at the same time of course.

Aye, well the main thing i'm now concerned about is the court case. The mackems seem to be clinging to the hope he is jailed before the derby.

Hopefully nowt much will happen from the court case. Fine + a few mornings scrubbing graffitti should be about all he gets.

Just hope the judge isn't a Mackem then.

nice and random from his Wiki:

Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon considers Carroll as a "paintbrush striker", who applies the finishing touches to attacking moves. Buffon also hailed Carroll's awareness and ability to find players.

Remember that, it was following a pre-season match a couple of years ago.

nice and random from his Wiki:

Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon considers Carroll as a "paintbrush striker", who applies the finishing touches to attacking moves. Buffon also hailed Carroll's awareness and ability to find players.

aka Gigi Buffon begs Andy Carroll to not cave his face in after Buffon attempts to murder him with a ridiculous challenge.

Main thing I'm worried about is him staying out of prision and not being sold to the first team who fancies a decent punt on him.

If you're worried about the club selling him to make some money, I don't think that will happen.

Ashley will like the fact he's ready-made player that he doesn't have to splash out a transfer fee on. Hopefully he'll realise that it's false economy to sell a player like that.

Obviously if he becomes world-class he might eventually have to look elsewhere... unless we develop at the same time of course.

I don't think he'd actually look to go any where else, provided he keeps scoring and improving and starts to fulfill his potential. We are a very, very rare club in that players want to become heroes here. Look at Shearer compared to say Andy Cole. Yes, Cole won so much more with United, but will he be remembered as a hero by United fans in 10 years time? Shearer will be worshipped in the city for the rest of his life, Carroll has an opportunity to do the same. And I hope his ego just gets bigger because he'll want to try to oust Shearer's record.

Before you shout knee-jerk on the Shearer record, re-read the bit in build.

Sure there's a quote somewhere from the Roeder days (ish) where David Weir came to SJP to play for Everton Reserves against our reserves, Carroll got a brace and pulled Weir round the park, leaving him asking "who the fuck was that?!" after the game.

Sure there's a quote somewhere from the Roeder days (ish) where David Weir came to SJP to play for Everton Reserves against our reserves, Carroll got a brace and pulled Weir round the park, leaving him asking "who the f*** was that?!" after the game.

Carroll was exceptional in that game and he was only 16/17 at the time.

Sure there's a quote somewhere from the Roeder days (ish) where David Weir came to SJP to play for Everton Reserves against our reserves, Carroll got a brace and pulled Weir round the park, leaving him asking "who the f*** was that?!" after the game.

Carroll was exceptional in that game and he was only 16/17 at the time.

Even earlier in his career, Carroll came up against Scotland and Rangers tough nut David Weir during is time at Everton in a reserve game at Kingston Park on a freezing night on Tyneside a few years ago.

Carroll again didn't shirk the physical challenge and emerged unscathed, not only that but Weir left KP asking: "Who the hell was that?"

More destructively this heritage dictates he has grown up in Gateshead surrounded by a frequently heavy drinking, "working man's" culture which, sometimes, sees arguments resolved by fists rather than reason.

The lad was born in 1989, he hardly spent his formative years down t' pit.

He did write today "Everyone knows they love a No 9 at Newcastle. It takes a special sort of player to handle that pressure. Andy Carroll stole the show this weekend, bouncing back from a bad miss at Manchester United to score a hattrick against Aston Villa. That took real courage and changed a few minds: certainly mine. Good luck to him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305284/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Dont-mock-Manchester-City-silly-think-.html#ixzz0xSf70dx0