West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate being a sissy but I'm now genuinely worried about how long we'll be able to keep him. It seems that every hyped young english player starting out at smaller premiership teams in the past five years has without exception been poached by bigger clubs.

Ex) young, downing, bentley, johnson

If someone wants to offer £35m for him the fair enough, its something we can't turn down but he's just signed a 5 years deal, he's going nowhere unless the offer is gigantic.

Just did a random click on any page and landed on this post. Fuck me, TT is mistic meg. :lol:

As I said, effectiveness over ability.

or referring to my point about people saying he's better than reina etc bullshit over honesty.

You'd rather have Pepe Reina in your team than Andy Carroll? Fair enough if true, like. But couldn't disagree more.

or referring to my point about people saying he's better than reina etc bullshit over honesty.

Nah, it's just common sense realy :lol:

Reina has been one of the best players in his possission for years, Carroll has been for months. Judging by your theory no-one could possibly even suggest that Messi is a better footballer than James Perch.

You'd rather have Pepe Reina in your team than Andy Carroll? Fair enough if true, like. But couldn't disagree more.

if i'm after a keeper, yes i'l take reina, wouldn't you ?

Reina has been one of the best players in his possission for years, Carroll has been for months. Judging by your theory no-one could possibly even suggest that Messi is a better footballer than James Perch.

Christ :lol:

no. its that it's fucking stupid to say i'd rather have gordon banks than pele.

if i'm after a keeper, yes i'l take reina, wouldn't you ?

I'm after the player who puts more points on the board than Mr Average.

If there was a list of things I least gave a shit about in the world, my spelling on an internet forum would be near the bottom like :lol:

If it's coherent then it's good enough for me.

Aye, it doesn't bother me at all like, but that one was amazing :lol:

no. its that it's f***ing stupid to say i'd rather have gordon banks than pele.

Depends if you needed a keeper or a striker. Were sort of getting away from the issue here anyway, Andy Carroll has not, by any means proven to be the best player at Liverpool, and especialy not by a distance.

If there was a list of things I least gave a s*** about in the world, my spelling on an internet forum would be near the bottom like :lol:

If it's coherent then it's good enough for me.

Aye, it doesn't bother me at all like, but that one was amazing :lol:

I'm probably the worst literate in the world with a keyboard tbh, if I dont proof read my posts there will usualy be a few gems scattered about like

Limitations or not, there's no way he'll end up on the bench for any considerable period of time. He's the best player at that club by a distance.

He's the best player in Liverpool by some distance? :lol:

I want to know what sort of measurement you use to compare players in different positions and more importantly what sort of drugs that you are using to say that Carroll is better than the likes of Gerrard and Suarez?

Limitations or not, there's no way he'll end up on the bench for any considerable period of time. He's the best player at that club by a distance.

He's the best player in Liverpool by some distance? :lol:

I want to know what sort of measurement you use to compare players in different positions and more importantly what sort of drugs that you are using to say that Carroll is better than the likes of Gerrard and Suarez?

Gerrard's way his past his best and was overrated to begin with. Suarez I haven't seen much of, and neither have you I suspect.

Gerrard's way past his best. Carroll's a better player than him. Suarez is better than Carroll because he offers more. I think Carroll will struggle to fit into the team and their style of play. They'll have to get decent service from him, which means a couple of new wingers. I just don't think that Carroll's mobile enough (yet) to play at the very top level. You could see how slow he was in receiving the ball and laying it off on Saturday, and those basic things aren't really affected by a lack of fitness. It's just a basic technical thing that Carroll's not good enough at (yet). I will give Carroll a lot of credit for how much he's improved in the past year, so he's shown that he can develop skills which he never had. I suppose that's what Liverpool is hoping will continue.

In general agreement with Ronaldo. Also don't think the Liverpool move is as bad for him as has been made out. In ways the people/supporters aren't that different from here and given the momentum of the moves, with Nolan and Barton offering their mates to help him settle in, it can be a home away from home.

P.S. Thought his comments about their atmosphere being 'one of' the best he's played in when he's played in so few games, largely against 2nd Division opposition as opposed to 'the biggest rivalry in football', were quite insulting to Liverpool and therefore honest of him, it wasn't just 'new signing, kiss the badge' bollocks.