West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sell for 35 million -> improve squad -> loan back -> sign back for fraction of the price

Fail to see how anyone can be disappointed with that, even if we adopt a slightly different tactic at times!

Also, fuck Liverpool haha!

I think it's really simplistic to say the return of Carroll would necessarily mean the return of the long ball/diagonal ball from the halfway line tbh.

You can coach a team to cross from appropriate positions. Just need the right personnel and management - which we have for the most part. Simpson and Williamson aren't players who can contribute to a team who don't pump it long though.

f***ing get in! hahaha

I have no doubt that Andy will be back to his best for us.. It was all a plot to destroy Liverpool.

The style of play, though. I don't mind playing long ball here and ther but with Carroll back, long ball'll be back.

Think of it this way - Instead of bringing on Shola, we bring on Carroll.

De Jong is an identical type of striker. Clearly Pardew thinks our squad can accommodate three 'advanced' forwards.

Fucking funny this.

Seems a weird one if it actually isn't just a wind up. He needs to be starting this season wherever he plays and wont get ahead of Cisse or Ba. Even if the latter does leave I can't see Carroll working with Cisse. Not against the move if he is happy to bench warm, he will undoubtedly get games given the amount of games we have, but not the pacey winger-cum striker i think we need.

Be astonished if this one actually happens, although I am sure he would be desperate to come home!

voted yes just because of the good old memories from AC-gunship.

His goal against doncaster springs to mind, great volley(Nolans OT winning goal aswell). Sweet memories.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Incredible development at ‪#nufc‬. Approach made for Carroll after de Jong interest fell through. Getting more for ‪#thejournal‬ tomorrow...

6:59 PM - 15 Jul 12

Guest bimpy474

f***ing get in! hahaha

I have no doubt that Andy will be back to his best for us.. It was all a plot to destroy Liverpool.

The style of play, though. I don't mind playing long ball here and ther but with Carroll back, long ball'll be back.

De Jong is an identical type of striker. Clearly Pardew thinks our squad can accommodate three 'advanced' forwards.

Fmtastic..... :laugh:

f***ing funny this.

Seems a weird one if it actually isn't just a wind up. He needs to be starting this season wherever he plays and wont get ahead of Cisse or Ba. Even if the latter does leave I can't see Carroll working with Cisse. Not against the move if he is happy to bench warm, he will undoubtedly get games given the amount of games we have, but not the pacey winger-cum striker i think we need.

Be astonished if this one actually happens, although I am sure he would be desperate to come home!

You can't? I think he would be perfect foil for both Ba and Cisse if we were to play 2 up front, probably better than Ba and Cisse together.

f***ing get in! hahaha

Obviously Carroll is TM Support

Guest bimpy474

f***ing get in! hahaha

Obviously Carroll is TM Support

Woooo in the middle ?

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Incredible development at ‪#nufc‬. Approach made for Carroll after de Jong interest fell through. Getting more for ‪#thejournal‬ tomorrow...

6:59 PM - 15 Jul 12

Not a replacement for Ba or Cisse then. Fuck the doomongers.

I think this is fucking hilarious :lol:

Don't care if it's serious or not, it's just class :lol: Sell him for £35m, try to get him back for nowt. Mint.

This. It's the best thing. Just sent a cruel text to my scouse-supporting mate. :lol: