West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cisse isn't good enough. Carroll is the best and shouldn't have been sold

He might be a Geordie boy but I don't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

Your point is what ?

Probably that Carroll might be a Geordie boy but TRon doesn't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

I can read thank you. Are you Tron ? How does he know ? It West Ham can pay the money why can't Newcastle ?

Won't.

Good fit for them with Allardyce there. Looked at times like he's going to rediscover part of the player he was. Do think his form while he was here in the Premiership was fantastic, and though I can't see him recapturing that, he will be a handy player for West Ham with the tactics they use.

Until he signs permanently though, I think we'll be sniffing around. Would fit in with Pardew's gameplan, though we'd still have the problem of midfielders not supporting.

Ideally wouldn't like him back here, a striker with a bit of craft and creativity to partner Cisse would be ideal.

The biggest concern for me in bringing him back is his injury record. Not played enough games over the last couple of years since we sold him. As a player though no doubt in my mind that this would be Pardew's wet dream. Since we are stuck with the clueless fuck then this is a must get done deal.

West Ham fans seem to think it's very likely he'll be signing perm for them.

They can't afford him and fat sam has already said even if they could the Financial Fair Play stops them from being able to.

They can't afford him and fat sam has already said even if they could the Financial Fair Play stops them from being able to.

I wondered about this but Fat Sham usually spouts shit so who knows. Like the idea of two forwards though so we can put Shola out to pasture.

Pardew has said we need two strikers and he's right. Not sure how we could sort the wages issue but purely from a squad point of view I can't see anything wrong with having Carroll as one of our striking options. Sure he is a certain type of player but options are what squads are about. What we might have to pay for him is not for us to worry about. Ashley/Llambias can make the call on that, it clearly won't be £35 million though  ;)

I wondered about this but Fat Sham usually spouts s*** so who knows. Like the idea of two forwards though so we can put Shola out to pasture.

Pasture? Straight to the glue factory!

On the topic of Carroll, I said in January I wouldn't touch him simply because of the way it'd make us play and I didn't want to see that, but it seems Pardew is intent on playing that way regardless of the personnel. So if we're keeping the fraud we may as well buy a player that can make the ball 'stick' and make something of it. Not that I'd be happy with it, just the best of a bad situation!

i know, im just trying to put a positive spin on it if carroll was coming. the season has been a shambles but i think with carroll added into the mix of his crap tactics i think it would work, we don't know what players will be coming and going but looknig at what we have currently and adding carroll i think it could actually work up front at least with a decent striker that hopefully could add another dynamic to the attacking side. mind no way do i think hes worth anything over 10 million either

Think of him simply being an upgrade on Shola. At the right price, he would be a fantastic addition.

We simply do not have the players to play to his strengths.  Yes Pardew likes his hoof ball and that there is more to Andy than his airiel ability but it it's by far his best asset.  If we got him for a few million then fair enough but we won't. 

Pardew will put him on the wing

I laughed at this, but it's not funny, because it's true :(

For a number of reasons it did not work with Ba and Cisse up top in a 4-4-2, it seemed to me that one of the reasons was that they frequently arrived in the same areas at the same time and got in each others way. They did not "hit it off". We did well with 4-3-3 last season with Ba playing wide, but come the start of this season Ba was more likely to hit the net than Cisse and, I suspect,made it clear he wasn't happy playing wide so he took the central role. If you are Pardew do you leave out Cisse (who is an instinctive goalscorer and can score a goal from nothing) or play someone else?

It really does not mean that Carroll or any other central striker we sign will end up playing on the wing  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

No reason Carroll, Cisse and Hatem couldn't switch during a game.

I've said this repeatedly, why not let them just roam between the three front positions. When we lose the ball whoever is closest defends that area.

Need a coach who preaches that kind of movement though.

Baring in mind we sold for twice as much, how would people react to signing him back for transfer record? Id rather get him as cheap as possible obviously, but wouldnt it be nice to have him clear the blot that Owen casts over this club :lol:

No reason Carroll, Cisse and Hatem couldn't switch during a game.

I've said this repeatedly, why not let them just roam between the three front positions. When we lose the ball whoever is closest defends that area.

Need a coach who preaches that kind of movement though.

There was a point where we were actually doing this under Pardew. It didn't last long like.

Baring in mind we sold for twice as much, how would people react to signing him back for transfer record? Id rather get him as cheap as possible obviously, but wouldnt it be nice to have him clear the blot that Owen casts over this club :lol:

I wouldn't want him unless he's fairly cheap, and I guess Ashley will think the same.

Yeah would still be overpriced for I'd hope would be a squad player who is a useful option. Pardew would play him every game in a 4-4-2 alongside Cisse and it wouldn't work (unless we signed two proper wide players mind)

If we play 4-4-2 i don't think we've got the CMs for it currently. Tiote and Sissoko possibly have the athleticism and definitely have the strength for it but they don't have the passing ability. Cabaye i think would be exhausted trying to do everything. Perch hasn't the quality.

We also don't have wingers who can whip a cross in. So, for 4-4-2, the way we'd play it with Carroll, we'd need a couple of wingers and at least another CM - an all rounder.

If we play 4-4-2 i don't think we've got the CMs for it currently. Tiote and Sissoko possibly have the athleticism and definitely have the strength for it but they don't have the passing ability. Cabaye i think would be exhausted trying to do everything. Perch hasn't the quality.

We also don't have wingers who can whip a cross in. So, for 4-4-2, the way we'd play it with Carroll, we'd need a couple of wingers and at least another CM - an all rounder.

This is one of the reasons I hope we don't buy Carroll. TBF Pardew hasn't really demonstrated a love for 4-4-2 that much.

This is one of the reasons I hope we don't buy Carroll. TBF Pardew hasn't really demonstrated a love for 4-4-2 that much.

It worked against Manu last season (at home) because they had Carrick and Giggs as their 2 CMs and they were easily out worked by Cabaye and Tiote.

Even then they had a good 1st 20 mins against us.