West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would think he wouldn't be starting if they fully knew his injury was nothing to worry about, but I'm probably wrong.

Really though, it's great to see him in training photos and to be talked about so highly by England regulars.Lets hope he plays well, doesn't get hurt, and continues to be in the England squad from now on.a

3 years ago today:

Michael Owen played for England in a friendly against Austria in Vienna but lasted just 34 minutes before limping off with a thigh strain.

Dum dum dum!

The game is tomorrow mind.

To compare Owen with Carroll (injury wise) is very harsh on Carroll.

tbh i am curious how carroll will play at international lvl.  Much of his game is the use of his strength to bully defenders, but int refs are much harder on aggressive strikers, can he actually adapt to this?

hope they dont just lump it long, like they do when crouch is up front.

If france have recovered any form, it could be very good game.

tbh i am curious how carroll will play at international lvl.  Much of his game is the use of his strength to bully defenders, but int refs are much harder on aggressive strikers, can he actually adapt to this?

I see you've managed to wrestle the keyboard back from the dog.

I see you've managed to wrestle the keyboard back from the dog.

:lol:

Be shaking with rage if he gets injured. Angry just thinking about it.

Same here.  Especially because it's a fucking friendly.  Really angry at the thought of this.  Nailed on to come off injured.

I'll be annoyed if he gets injured obviously, but I don't think it's a reason to wish he hadn't been called up. It's just part and parcel of football.

No not at all but if he is not 100% not only should he not playing as he might get injured he also won't do himself justice. Plus there is another friendly v the Argies next year where he could cause havoc again they're poor/small defence and he's only young.