Gerrard arrested

Shearergol

Guest elbee909

Can only hope you're not working in law then.

Do you honestly think every minor fight between blokes where nobody gets hurt is worthy of legal involvement?

If someone assaults someone else then they should be punished.  Isn't this obvious?

Depends on the circumstances.

If I accidentally bump into someone and they take offence and punch me and I punch them back and my punch is "better" should I be prosecuted or do you suggest that nobody ever defends themselves?

Clearly not suggesting that, but then what if you punched the guy ten times causing death, even though he arguably instigated the 'fracas'?  There's a line where defence is no longer defence in any case.

So if you had seven shades of shit beaten out of you but it didn't result in unconsciousness, you'd be happy for the person/people involved not to be imprisoned?

If six blokes beat me up then I'd expect police involvement.

If it was one bloke and I just had minor cuts and bruises I wouldn't bother reporting it - in fact its happened to me.

By the sounds of it, it was three people involved in this incident so surely police involvement is appropriate?

Do you honestly think every minor fight between blokes where nobody gets hurt is worthy of legal involvement?

If someone assaults someone else then they should be punished.  Isn't this obvious?

If I accidentally bump into someone and they take offence and punch me and I punch them back and my punch is "better" should I be prosecuted or do you suggest that nobody ever defends themselves?

Clearly not suggesting that, but then what if you punched the guy ten times causing death, even though he arguably instigated the 'fracas'?  There's a line where defence is no longer defence in any case.

Of course but that would come as a consequence of the injuries which would show I'd went over the top.

What I'm talking about here is dispute between two blokes which results in nothing serious on either side - I think legal involvement is a waste of time, effort and money.

As I said above if Gerrard allegedly used a glass then that takes it into the realms of something I'm happy for the police to handle. On the other hand if he was with a few mates who didn't jump in and it had just been a brief exchange without the glass then I'd just say move on and forget about it.

Minor fights are part of human life - I'm not saying that;s right and I don't like to see people get injured but its not something I think is worth getting over-dramatic about.

Didn't Gerrard used to get into a load of bother when he first started becoming a household name? As I remember Houllier going mad about it.

yeah, with gangsters and shit. Apparently someone on merseyside known as "the psycho" threatened to blow his legs off. And he also chased him home once after a training session.

So if you had seven shades of shit beaten out of you but it didn't result in unconsciousness, you'd be happy for the person/people involved not to be imprisoned?

If six blokes beat me up then I'd expect police involvement.

If it was one bloke and I just had minor cuts and bruises I wouldn't bother reporting it - in fact its happened to me.

By the sounds of it, it was three people involved in this incident so surely police involvement is appropriate?

Yep 3 onto one is fair enough for the police.

(I really need to read the details before I comment :))

Modern players have become trophy victims for those seeking publicity.

Time and again, players have been subjected to lurid allegations only for charges to be dropped

And who propogated those 'lurid allegations' pray tell? 

I seem to recall this bunch of Hacks selling papers based on the alleged gang rape a few years back for around a month - with the spotlight pointing directly at Titus.  When the charges were dropped, the story on that was buried on page 2 (the politics page that everyone ignores) and took up around one and a half column inches and two paragraphs.

It's a bit different when it's one of thier butt-buddies caught in the shit though.

Of course but that would come as a consequence of the injuries which would show I'd went over the top.

What I'm talking about here is dispute between two blokes which results in nothing serious on either side - I think legal involvement is a waste of time, effort and money.

As I said above if Gerrard allegedly used a glass then that takes it into the realms of something I'm happy for the police to handle. On the other hand if he was with a few mates who didn't jump in and it had just been a brief exchange without the glass then I'd just say move on and forget about it.

Minor fights are part of human life - I'm not saying that;s right and I don't like to see people get injured but its not something I think is worth getting over-dramatic about.

Whilst not wishing to jump to any conclusions concerning guilt or innocence here, what you may find acceptable treatment for yourself (having a tooth knocked out and stitches to a head-wound) is neither here nor there. The law has supported those who don't wish to be subject to such assaults for a very long time (one of the relevant acts in this case was passed in 1861).

From one point of view the timing of the Mirror article is disturbing; published before charge, prior to the matter becoming sub-judice but nonetheless prejudicial towards the victim. That article could not be published tomorrow and is strongly illustrative of the press bias recorded here on many occasions.

Which scenario is worse???

(1) Scouser has too many to drink which sets off his violent nature and he kicks the shit out of someone in the street after a verbal altercation. Scouser admits he has a drink problem and gets help to remain sober.

(2) Scouser is sober and after not being allowed free access to jukebox joins in with 3 mates to beat up one man.

Who was in control? Who is the devil? Who deserves vilification from the press.

My opinion? Both as bad as eachother and deserve the same treatment.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I heard a rumour...

Gerrard was not in the wrong at all, 2 blokes started fighting and he just dived in to help.....

Keep it to yourself Nix, we dont want him let off now do we!

Guest Heneage

I heard a rumour...

Gerrard was not in the wrong at all, 2 blokes started fighting and he just dived in to help.....

no no! It was a joke, he DIVED in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I heard a rumour...

no no! It was a joke, he DIVED in.

:doh:

Fa have already come out and said that his england place is not under threat. They also say that players being investigated by the police will still be considered for selection i might be wrong but isn't that the exact opposite of what they used to say?

Guest elbee909

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2008/12/30/1230657220267_260.jpg

has his wife always looked this germanish?

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2043/owenwilsonpm2.jpg

haha  :lol: they look exactly the same

Driving with eyes closed - does their CRIME SPREE never END?

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2008/12/30/1230657220267_260.jpg

has his wife always looked this germanish?

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2043/owenwilsonpm2.jpg

haha  :lol: they look exactly the same

Driving with eyes closed - does their CRIME SPREE never END?

:lol: