Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Not being funny, but why would Given go to Citeh this season? They are out of the cups, are not going to make Europe, are in the same relegation battle as we are, and if Shay wants to improve his career he won't be doing it much good by going to Citeh, if Scott Parker and Wayne Bridge bought at highly inflated prices are their big buys.

They might be in a relegation battle now - but not for long. They have titl challengers written all over them in a couple of years.

Man City maybe being clever here, they are bidding a lowish fee for Given as maybe they know he wants out?

Then again I am not sure if he had them in mind, lets face it a couple more bad results and Hughes will be shown the door, I doubt very much that he wants to move from one unstable team to another unstable team.

With the sort of money they have it's innevitable they'll have some sort of success in the near future, whether it's European qualification, a cup win etc. Even if Hughes goes they'll just replace him with Someone like Hiddink.

Guest diddimz

Gordon to sunderland for 9mil, Given to Man City for 8mil, something doesnt add up here, factor in the account that Given has talent and Man City are a decent club, should start talking at 16mil.

He won't go, Shay ranted a it but he will stay City can fk oiff!

Possibly the bi-tri annual (can i say it like that?) Shamus Given kickoff with the club and its direction for him to settle down and commit with a new deal.

Man City maybe being clever here, they are bidding a lowish fee for Given as maybe they know he wants out?

Then again I am not sure if he had them in mind, lets face it a couple more bad results and Hughes will be shown the door, I doubt very much that he wants to move from one unstable team to another unstable team.

There's nothing clever about it but you can't blame them for trying. Shay is on a long contract so we don't need to sell unless they make it an offer we can't refuse.