Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

TBF one thing it has done is give the press something to write about and divert attention away from the players who are wanting away, which was all they had to write about before. That may have may have been his intention in coming out with all this stuff this week. If so, even if everything he has said is just made up, fair play to him as it makes us look like a buying club rather than a selling club which is not what you want when trying to get players to join.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's another angle on it. If he has been doing that I'm sure he'll tell us how clever he's been after the window's shut.

I don't honestly think he's bright enough to have thought of that.

Why bid 5m for a 10m pound player?

silly silly parky.

who says he's a 10million player ? how many times does everyone say player x is worth a certain price but he moves for twice that ? and it often works in reverse too.

silly silly parky.

who says he's a 10million player ? how many times does everyone say player x is worth a certain price but he moves for twice that ? and it often works in reverse too.

Well he ain't coming.

Totally pointless exercise.

Why people can't simply wait a couple more weeks to see what has come of the window before sliting their wrists I will never know.

That statement by Rennes didn't even refer to the Newcastle bid. How do we know that didn't come out prior to our bid?

Let time run its course for goodness sake.

Finally some sense.

Why people can't simply wait a couple more weeks to see what has come of the window before sliting their wrists I will never know.

That statement by Rennes didn't even refer to the Newcastle bid. How do we know that didn't come out prior to our bid?

You talk more shite than Kinnear mate. Just wondering, how long does it going to take you to get your head out of the sand?

Finally some sense.

Exactly, some of the flak JK/the club is getting is way overboard at the moment.

Took them longer to tell us to fk off then I thought it would, we were never ever going to get him at that price and the club new it, JK still stuck in the 80's and Wise is lying to him as he did to Keegan.

Rennes turn down United's Mbia bid

Published Date: 16 January 2009

JOE Kinnear has suffered another blow in his bid to strengthen his Newcastle United squad.

Less than 24 hours after West Ham blocked a move for their captain Lucas Neill, Stade Rennais have turned down a £4m-plus bid for midfielder Stephane Mbia.

The Cameroon international was on Kinnear's wanted list, but the high-flying Ligue 1 club's general manager, Pierre Dreossi, has claimed Mbia is going nowhere in this month's transfer window.

"There will be no arrivals or departures, nor any loans, even after the departure of (Sylvain) Wiltord," said

"We are not interested in the departure of any of our players."

The Gazette yesterday revealed Newcastle were planning an audacious bid to sign right-back Neill, with Habib Beye out for 10 weeks.

But the Upton Park club reacted angrily to United's interest, and Newcastle last night issued a statement to clarify the situation.

It read: "With regard to Lucas Neill, West Ham have made it clear he is a player they value as a highly important member of their squad and who they have no desire to sell.

"Newcastle United respect West Ham's position, and will not be pursuing the matter."

United have also made a move for St Etienne foward Bafetimbi Gomis, who has been on the club's radar since late last season, and are monitoring Toulouse right-back Albin Ebondo.

Kinnear told the Gazette: "We are still trying to get both of them (Mbia and Gomis). We're trying our hardest for them. We're just desperate to get players in."

Meanwhile, Newcastle are still waiting on news of Geremi's proposed £1.5m move to Besiktas.

With the Cameroonian among the club's highest earners, the switch would free up around millions to reinvest elsewhere.

"His agents are trying to sort out some kind of contract," said

Kinnear. "I thought it might have been completed by Wednesday night, but it's dragged on."

Finally, Kinnear will make a decision on trialist Peter Lovenkrands after watching him take part in a full-scale practice match next Tuesday.

Clearly there has been no plan in place for this window. Not that anybody would've actually expected one.

Yeah but it's hard to buy players in January, and er... Bassong is good... must be Kinnear's contract and stuff, erm, I don't know, is the banner is to blame? Aye, it's the fans' fault! That's it. :thup:

No need whatsoever to come out and say we had made an offer.

It keeps some off their backs.

TBF one thing it has done is give the press something to write about and divert attention away from the players who are wanting away, which was all they had to write about before. That may have may have been his intention in coming out with all this stuff this week. If so, even if everything he has said is just made up, fair play to him as it makes us look like a buying club rather than a selling club which is not what you want when trying to get players to join.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's another angle on it. If he has been doing that I'm sure he'll tell us how clever he's been after the window's shut.

Tbh that could be a fair assessment. Looking at JFK's latest interview on the beeb, where he talked about Geremi leaving and the bid for Mbia, he did not look like he was telling the whole truth. I would not be surprised if the whole thing is a charade/smokescreen either for what would end up a very good transfer window, or a totally disastrous turn of events that possibly sees Joe quit the club.

No need whatsoever to come out and say we had made an offer.

It keeps some off their backs.

Tbh that could be a fair assessment. Looking at JFK's latest interview on the beeb, where he talked about Geremi leaving and the bid for Mbia, he did not look like he was telling the whole truth. I would not be surprised if the whole thing is a charade/smokescreen either for what would end up a very good transfer window, or a totally disastrous turn of events that possibly sees Joe quit the club.

Or with a bit of luck both.

You talk more s**** than Kinnear mate. Just wondering, how long does it going to take you to get your head out of the sand?

What are you ranting and raving about. You've got nothing to go on.

Whois talking more shit? The person that says Ashley etc have screwed this window up and we're not getting any players in etc. even though the window is still open for another fortnight, or the person who says wait till the end of the window before getting yourself worked up.

I think you'll find you're the one talking crap right now. Get real.

Guest geordienorway

Club will say that we made a fair offer for the player but thier asking price does not meet our valuation of him, we will now move onto ther targets we have identified.

Exactly. What a waste of time.

I fail to see how bidding for a good player at a value we consider acceptable is a waste of time.

Its a waste of time because we won't increase our offer for him, yeah okay have a go with a cheap offer and see if they go for it, but you need to be ready to offer more if you are serious about getting the player.

Guest alankhaw

We learnt from Man City's reported 3m bid for Given and decided to put in a ridiculous offer ourselves. So hopefully we'll be getting a trophy signing too...