Roberto Martinez

Mr. Snrub

and also, for every disaster - like paul ince - theres a david moyes. fact is, there ARE some lower leagues managers who are ready for the step up, its just a matter of identifying whom. but as nixon says, will the big ego's take them seriously?

I disagree again mate... it's more like for every Paul Ince, Tony Adams, Steve Wigley, Paul Sturrock (off the top of my head)... there's a David Moyes.

I remember I and  a few others suggested him as KK`S replacement at the time. I think he`d fit into this supposed `continental system` that Wise/Ashley are trying to operate

Based on him being Spanish? Rafa is Spanish & there is no way one earth he would work in a 'continental system'

To be fair to Roberto, he has shown that he can step up in class. When he took over the Swans we were dire he steadily improved things. I thought it would be a bit of a struggle in the Championship and with very little money he has got Swansea in a position where they are outsiders in the promotion playoff race.

I think as long as the fans were realistic about the impact he could make I think he could work out in the Premiership. Apparently his network of contacts in Spain are 2nd to none. He has picked up some excellent signings and loan signings from Spain for Swansea. However, we haven't had the best of Luque with our Spainish signings.

The next manager will have to have the ability to develop the younger players and not be afraid to play them.

The players with big egos will not be here next season.

It's what gives me some hope for next season if we stay up. Without so many unhappy and influential players around there might be a better spirit amongst the team.

Very positive reviews.. I'm afraid I don't know anything about him but if he's a honest guy and knows his stuff, that'd be an amazing improvement over Kinnear..

I think Ashley would be pleased with such an appointment too.

He's an exceptional young manager whose team play very attractive football, they've passed some of the big championship teams off the park this season. Somehow can't see him coming in to work under a muppet like Ashley though, think he has a bit more self respect that, as does every manager in the world bar Kinnear.

Would be a large gamble but we're in that position tbh. I've not seen Swansea play but I've only ever heard positive things about Martinez.

My only worry would be whether a large section of SJP would accept a small 'name', and give him time. :undecided:

He's an exceptional young manager whose team play very attractive football, they've passed some of the big championship teams off the park this season. Somehow can't see him coming in to work under a muppet like Ashley though, think he has a bit more self respect that, as does every manager in the world bar Kinnear.

Interesting ...

After we signed Colccini and Jonas Ballague was on revista raving about our new scouts and the contacts they had in Spain and therefore our ability to identify and sign both players.

He also said that it was a setup a lot of Spanish managers would be interested in working under.

Interesting ...

After we signed Colccini and Jonas Ballague was on revista raving about our new scouts and the contacts they had in Spain and therefore our ability to identify and sign both players.

He also said that it was a setup a lot of Spanish managers would be interested in working under.

Working in the PL is a huge pull to most managers around the world. I have no doubts that with the correct approach we can get a top coach. The game changer of course is that they will want transfer funds.

The club needs a top coach.

You mean the club needs an established 'name', because arguably Martinez is a top coach just waiting for the right job.

Considering all the disasterous managerial appointments the club has made in the past, all to frequently trying just that, I would think a fresh approach would be welcome.

He's not had much money to spend, he has just brought the right players in that were needed. There is a cracking Dutch midfielder Ferrie Bodde, he was something like 35K he was excellent during the promotion season and was doing very well until and injury this season which will keep him out unil the new campaign. I think there is some money for Martinez to spend but he hasn't been rushed into anything. Signings like Jason Scotland and Angel Ranghel have been excellent for a relatively small fee. To think teams like Forest were able to splash out £3m on Rob Earnshaw the kind of funds that Swansea could never compete with.

And as some have pointed out he is a very good coach..

The club needs a top coach.

Depends what you mean by a top coach. We've hired big names before and it's gone tits up, there are only a few who you could guarantee would be successful and I'm not sure they'd come. Fatih Terim would have been a good choice but I doubt he'd last 6 months if he wasn't given a free hand.

• 2 weeks later...

We have to think a lot and discuss a lot about this fella. He is some one special and giving opportunity he might be the ONE. I want us to discuss about him also I want us to see how he give special attention to Carpet football.

Dont know enough about him to debate but I would be suprised if we went for someone outside the top leagues. Ashley already has the majority of fans on his back, the pressure (should JFK go) will be huge for a decent appointment and I think he will be looking for someone big.

Someone will take a gamble on him soon enough though if he keeps getting the right results.

We have to think a lot and discuss a lot about this fella. He is some one special and giving opportunity he might be the ONE. I want us to discuss about him also I want us to see how he give special attention to Carpet football.

Someone will take a gamble on him soon enough though if he keeps getting the right results.

If Bruce leaves Wigan then I`m certain Martinez will end up there as his replacement....being an ex Wigan player of 6 years and all too

IMO he is the type of manager we need to be looking at. Someone relatively unknown but with a CV that's improving all the time, who can come in, relate to the younger players, and be given time to work along the lines of the club's long term plan.

Martinez sounds like being just the ticket.