Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

He may be a bit slow but if he signs he will at least trouble the oppo's goal more than any of our midfielder's.

NEEDS TO STAY CLEAR OF THE UNs TOP RATED WARZONE: DARSLEY PARK UNTIL WE AFTER WE HAVE PLAYED THE SCUM.

NEW SIGNING ARE SCORING:

HESK = SCORED

BELLERS = SCORED

NOLAN = ?

Guest WashyGeordie

They say hes coming for a medical tomorrow, imagine if he comes in and puts Sunderland to sleep aye

imagine if he comes and fails it ?

:weep:

No.

Nolan gets into goalscoring areas which is something all of our players lack, we definitely need more players with a goal instinct. Other than getting goals he's always struck me as a fairly shit footballer, very basic in a Vinnie Jones sort of way. Might get us the goal which saves our premier status so we'll have to go with it I suppose.

I'm not expecting much from Nolan if he signs, if he can put in an alright tackle and make an effort to get forward and get a result I'll be fairly happy. It's the likes of Nolan and Guthrie with their best years ahead that help build a squad and an understanding before you sprinkle on the fancy shit.

he's rubbish. 3 or 4 years ago when he had a good scoring record and a bit of potential to improve you might've expected a bigger team to come in for him. the state he's been in for the past season and a half you'd more expect him to be shifted on to a worse club than bolton...(which is probably us tbh) looking at what he'll bring to the team - strength, height, goal threat, all desperately needed. he has experience and is coming for a moderate fee.

he'll do a job til the end of the season and we need another body, just wish it'd been someone else. also, saying he is better than butt isnt much of an argument since they are different kinds of players. i'd expect Nolan to push guthrie or geremi out of the side rather than Butt, we'll still need someone else to replace him. i can imagine the kind of side kinnear is shaping, long punts upfield, someone like carroll upfront, nolan battling for the knock downs...

Nolan gets into goalscoring areas which is something all of our players lack, we definitely need more players with a goal instinct. Other than getting goals he's always struck me as a fairly s*** footballer, very basic in a Vinnie Jones sort of way. Might get us the goal which saves our premier status so we'll have to go with it I suppose.

he does the basics. wins the ball,retains it well and gives it to his team. looks to get on the end of things and will try and get beyong the forwards.

don't expect defence spitting eye of a needle type passes.

slightly worse than scott parker but with more of an eye for goal imo.

Nolan's the type of player we wouldn't touch with a barge pole if we weren't in relegation trouble. I hope I'm wrong but as a team we look like going back to the long ball style that Kinnear knows best.

I think 4.5m is a bit too much for a player like Nolan. 3m would be more realistic...

Nolan is only 26 though and is an English midfielder who is also their captain. It's a good price.

Hopefully this move will get him going again.

Nolan gets into goalscoring areas which is something all of our players lack, we definitely need more players with a goal instinct. Other than getting goals he's always struck me as a fairly s*** footballer, very basic in a Vinnie Jones sort of way. Might get us the goal which saves our premier status so we'll have to go with it I suppose.

he does the basics. wins the ball,retains it well and gives it to his team. looks to get on the end of things and will try and get beyong the forwards.

Useful in the air as well. Not a player who will take us forward but he's a midfielder and we need bodies in. I hope he proves me wrong but we'll probably be wanting rid of him a year down the line.

He may be a bit slow but if he signs he will at least trouble the oppo's goal more than any of our midfielder's.

NEEDS TO STAY CLEAR OF THE UNs TOP RATED WARZONE: DARSLEY PARK UNTIL WE AFTER WE HAVE PLAYED THE SCUM.

NEW SIGNING ARE SCORING:

HESK = SCORED

BELLERS = SCORED

NOLAN = SENT OFF

He's a lot worse than Parker imo.

Nolan is a slow midfield clogger whose knack of hitting a few nice volleys each season has bought him a reputation that he doesn't match up to. The price isn't that big though so if he gets a couple of those volleys to move you up the table then he'll pay his fee back.

Nolan is a slow midfield clogger whose knack of hitting a few nice volleys each season has bought him a reputation that he doesn't match up to. The price isn't that big though so if he gets a couple of those volleys to move you up the table then he'll pay his fee back.

in a nutshell.

you forget we saw scott parker at close quartes for a while and nolans spectacular goals run ended about 3 years ago.

not slow but certainly no speedster and is a bit of a clogger but a damn sight better than what we already have in the middle.

Significant improvement on what we've got then.