Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

WITH one eye on a forthcoming set of fixtures which includes the visit of Manchester United and Arsenal to St.James' Park, Joe Kinnear believes that a win at West Brom on Saturday could act as a springboard for a run which fires his side clear of top-flight trouble.

Does not compute.

Guest timmy boy

What a bonus to get Martins back tomorrow, finally a bit of pace up front. Easily our most dangerous player away from home even with all his flaws.

Jk shows lads how to use great mind ball control.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/84670112.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261B4985CA55B5A168BE30A760B0D811297

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84670263.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261EB7E3A34A8B2D6EAE30A760B0D811297

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jk shows lads how to use great mind ball control.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/84670112.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261B4985CA55B5A168BE30A760B0D811297

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84670263.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261EB7E3A34A8B2D6EAE30A760B0D811297

Colo s there training

looks like Ryan taylor will get a part in tomorrows game perhaps even a start will we be any better off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1138467/Hot-shot-Taylor-proves-instant-hit-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

Fewer players can have been welcomed into a new dressing room quite like Newcastle's final transfer window signing Ryan Taylor.

The England Under 21 international scored only six goals for Wigan, the club he left this week, but four were against Newcastle, including the sweetly-struck free-kick which won the Boxing Day clash between the teams.

'I got a bit of stick from the lads when I walked in because they said I only came here to stop scoring goals against them,' said Taylor. 'But I've no idea why it happened. It wasn't a case of it's Newcastle and I'm going to score. It was just a fluke.'

Boss Joe Kinnear needed bodies and Taylor, out of contract at the end of the season and with negotiations stalling, was an ideal addition as a utility man who can cover the many areas where Newcastle have been weak this season.

On top of that, Kinnear offloaded Charles N'Zogbia and Taylor feels he has got the better end of a deal, which also cost Wigan an additional £6million.

Wigan may be well clear of the relegation battle that lies ahead for Newcastle but Taylor is convinced he has joined a squad more than capable of pulling away from the drop zone.

'I would say I have made a better move than Charles N'Zogbia,' he said. 'It's a step up. Overall, there is a huge difference in terms of size between the clubs, and with the players we have here it is just as good a squad as Wigan have got.

'This is a massive club with a huge fan base and a fantastic squad. I feel very fortunate to be part of it.'

looks like Ryan taylor will get a part in tomorrows game perhaps even a start will we be any better off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1138467/Hot-shot-Taylor-proves-instant-hit-Newcastle.html?ITO=1490

Fewer players can have been welcomed into a new dressing room quite like Newcastle's final transfer window signing Ryan Taylor.

The England Under 21 international scored only six goals for Wigan, the club he left this week, but four were against Newcastle, including the sweetly-struck free-kick which won the Boxing Day clash between the teams.

'I got a bit of stick from the lads when I walked in because they said I only came here to stop scoring goals against them,' said Taylor. 'But I've no idea why it happened. It wasn't a case of it's Newcastle and I'm going to score. It was just a fluke.'

Boss Joe Kinnear needed bodies and Taylor, out of contract at the end of the season and with negotiations stalling, was an ideal addition as a utility man who can cover the many areas where Newcastle have been weak this season.

On top of that, Kinnear offloaded Charles N'Zogbia and Taylor feels he has got the better end of a deal, which also cost Wigan an additional £6million.

Wigan may be well clear of the relegation battle that lies ahead for Newcastle but Taylor is convinced he has joined a squad more than capable of pulling away from the drop zone.

'I would say I have made a better move than Charles N'Zogbia,' he said. 'It's a step up. Overall, there is a huge difference in terms of size between the clubs, and with the players we have here it is just as good a squad as Wigan have got.

'This is a massive club with a huge fan base and a fantastic squad. I feel very fortunate to be part of it.'

I really want him to score tomorrow, more than anyone else in the squad. Dunno why like.

Guest Heneage

See I get the feeling with Taylor its not just smoke up the fans arse, I think people forget the pull we have, Wes Baheng said in his interview how inspiring the stadium is, I imagine it could sway alot of players, how many players in the Premier League get 40+ thousand crowds every home game. It can be a curse when they are on your back, but I imagine, when 50,000 sell out are chanting your name it must be the most brlliant feeling ever.

Anyone know if this game is in doubt do to the snow in the midlands?

All the main roads down here are clear and I understand WBA have undersoil heating so there shouldnt be a problem.

However after seeing the laughable, over the top reaction to a few of inches of snow earlier in the week, nothing would surprise me!

I am in solihull and no more snow here overnight. Very icy but I wouldnt expect that to be problem for the major roads. WBA is just off the M5 so access is good - havent got to go through loads of residential area to get to the ground so assuming the pitch is OK, should be no problems.

Shitting myself about this game now. I dont like phrases "this game is massive for us today" as every game is and they get used every week but with the fixtures coming up, if we dont get 3 points today, things will look bleak for us.

Guest Brummiemag

Anyone know if this game is in doubt do to the snow in the midlands?

All the main roads down here are clear and I understand WBA have undersoil heating so there shouldnt be a problem.

However after seeing the laughable, over the top reaction to a few of inches of snow earlier in the week, nothing would surprise me! 

I am in solihull and not more snow here overnight. Very icy but I wouldnt expect that to be problem for the major roads. WBA is just off the M5 so access is good - havent got to go through loads of residential area to get to the ground so assuming the pitch is OK, should be no problems.

Shitting myself about this game now. I dont like phrases "this game is massive for us today" as every game is and they get used every week but with the fixtures coming up, if we dont get 3 points today, things will look bleak for us.

No more snow in Birmingham overnight either and forecast to be cold but quite sunny.

Couldnt resist putting a tenner on us to win this at 9/4

I dont like phrases "this game is massive for us today" as every game is and they get used every week but with the fixtures coming up, if we dont get 3 points today, things will look bleak for us.

You may not like the phrase but your post is an understatement. If we lose, well ...then its almost certain that we are going down.

In recent seasons this is exactly the type of match we should win, but also this is exactly the type of match we put in a pathetic, lack-luster performance.  Don't think we have any confidence and I'm doubtful we will put in a decent shift.  PROVE ME WRONG!  Howay the lads.

Bloody hell, how we need to win this game. The returning strikers should boost the squad, even if two of them are Viduka and Smith.

Lose and i think it'll be more likely we go down than stay up.

Think this will be a tough game today, WBA are a good footballing team and we will be chasing the game. Games like this need butt to put in a good shift, 9 times out of 10 these days though his legs just aint up to it.

Oba's pace will be the deciding factor in this game. West Brom notably play a very high defensive line, sometimes creeping past the halfway line, and leave massive gaps as they try to push up the pitch. If Oba uses this to his advantage, we'll be safe today.