Juan Román Riquelme

BeloEmre

If droopy face Harry has read that then we can forget it, it will be Spudtastic time, we cannot have a transfer target without that boxerdog faced c*** sniffing around..

Speaking of Spurs, did they eventually sign Appiah or what?

Was offered a contract till the end of the season with a 2 year extension if it went ok.  Appiah wanted 2 and half yr contract up front, so he's trying his luck with a German club I believe.  Big doubts that his current fitness level was half what is needed for the Premier League.

Riquelme would be another Veron. The game here is too quick for him and for him to be effective he needs to be the main focal point of the team. I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, plus we already have Kevin Nolan, so what's the point?

If we get him, I'd gladly jizz all over Ashley, or Wise, or whoever got him in. Exactly what we need at the minute.

Yep i still think he is good enough to play for any club in the world. Best set piece taker in the world.

He isn't imo it's Andrea Pirlo or Ryan Taylor :D

If we get him, I'd gladly jizz all over Ashley, or Wise, or whoever got him in. Exactly what we need at the minute.

Yep i still think he is good enough to play for any club in the world. Best set piece taker in the world.

He isn't imo it's Andrea Pirlo or Ryan Taylor :D

You're right, he isn't - he's better.

Riquelme simply will not come here. That article is such a load of bollox. Plus, we'd have to pay over 3m for him so its a no go as far as we're concerned.

But why would anyone object to him playing for us just because he's 31? He'd still the best player in our team by a mile anyway! And behind Kaka is the best CAM in the world. He's a genius.

I remember seeing him say in FFT a year or two ago that he's never going to leave Boca, so...

Because the article mentions a £12m figure and there is every chance he would take a while to settle/not settle at all. £12m is more than likely our entire summer budget. We wouldn't be in a position to risk that with our current squad.

We played Barca in a friendly a few years ago at SJP and he was on the bench. Did he get on the pitch?

I'm not sure but he started against us in the champions league at the nou camp.

He did. He played in both CL games against us in the 02/03 season.