The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Skjelbreid's movement on and off the ball is excellent, and is something we completely lack in midfield. He's a player type we need, and he's good enough. Wouldn't mind Huseklepp as well, as a more good-natured replacement for Bellamy: a supporting striker with pace, creativity and good movement.

Apparently, Skjelbred has said he'd go to us and snub others if we came in for him during the summer regardless of league status, IF Shearer still is manager, as he wants to play under him.

Why the fuck didn't we just go for him in January? Im trying not to get too pissed off about how pathetic our club is run until after Sunday, but its quite hard to stop my piss boiling.

Why the fuck didn't we just go for him in January? Im trying not to get too pissed off about how pathetic our club is run until after Sunday, but its quite hard to stop my piss boiling.

Swallow plenty of ice cubes....

• 2 months later...

One of the things I've missed the most this off-season is a proper transfer thread, with vague rumours, hope built up, disappointments about players turning us down, surprise signings etc.. We haven't even had some proper transfer thread entertainment this summer. All we get is 217 pages of nothingness..

Guest schmuck

yes but we've lost three players on a free, are up for sale and an unreasonable price and have no manager, which in many ways is like a new signing

One of the things I've missed the most this off-season is a proper transfer thread, with vague rumours, hope built up, disappointments about players turning us down, surprise signings etc.. We haven't even had some proper transfer thread entertainment this summer. All we get is 217 pages of nothingness..

The constant transfer rumour nonsense is one of the things that make the football free summer bearable, unfortunately we've not been able to enjoy any of that his year. Due to one fat bastard.

Compared to the previous madness where there were insane amounts of posts about speculations from next doors granny's budgie.

Not sure which I prefer.   :undecided:

How are you unsure at all? I would much rather be bombarded with bullshit ITK rumours about various players rather than the situation we have at the moment, where we know fuck all about the future of our club as a whole. :lol:

16 pages in late July. That's ridiculous.

Until it got bumped today it had been two months without a post :lol:

He's a bit slow, just let him have his moment.

Yes, well done Mike. You are right. *pats head*

:lol: I can't be expected to read the posts preceding mine.

:lol: I can't be expected to read the posts preceding mine.

I try to make a point of not doing so.

I once wrote that the "Beye wants out" thread was the most depressing on this board, but I was wrong. This is the most depressing thread on this board (and probably will continue to be). We have zero prospects.

On the positive side, neither Beckford and Skjelbred have been sold thus far :shifty:

Then again we'll not buy them regardless, so aye, you're right. :(

I once wrote that the "Beye wants out" thread was the most depressing on this board, but I was wrong. This is the most depressing thread on this board (and probably will continue to be). We have zero prospects.

On the positive side, neither Beckford and Skjelbred have been sold thus far :shifty:

Then again we'll not buy them regardless, so aye, you're right. :(

how could we not buy them "reagardless" ?