Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Said we should have played him leftback for the rest of the season and I stand by that.

Started decent then turned to s*** like most of our signings do

Would get raped for pace on the left in my humble.

Better than in a centre half position, anyway I think Colo's quicker than Enrique

fucking hell, hahahhahahahhaaha no way is Colo quicker than Enrique!

Enrique has a strange running technique but once he gets going he's quick, very quick.

Said we should have played him leftback for the rest of the season and I stand by that.

Better than in a centre half position, anyway I think Colo's quicker than Enrique

I lol'd.

I lol'd.

Enrique is easily one of the fastest players we have.

Have a feeling Shearer might fancy Beye at centre back with Taylor right back.

I have a feeling anyone with brains would also think that.

wasn't too long ago no one was allowed to pick s.taylor for the first 11.

a couple of weeks injured may do colocinni some good. too early to get rid unless someone comes in with a very good price.

a couple of weeks injured may do colocinni some good. too early to get rid unless someone comes in with a very good price.

Figures that the only player we have who can't get injured is the one who could use a couple weeks off.

Figures that the only player we have who can't get injured is the one who could use a couple weeks off.

i know but better for his confidence than being dropped cos of poor form.

The one thing you've got to say about Colocinni is that he's never hid.  He's never been injured and he does look like he's trying, maybe too hard.  I don't think it's possible that all the injuries we've had this season have been completely genuine so at least Colo's kept fit.  Obviously that should just be a pre-requisite as a professional footballer but we've seen this not to be the case with certain individuals.  I don't even know if Mark Viduka likes football but I'm sure he likes the money.

But yeah he's struggling and I'd definitely go with Beye-S Taylor-Bassong-Enrique as soon as that's a possibility.

wasn't too long ago we all thought Beye could not play CB.

To be honest it's not exactly been very easy for him to settle in with all of the goings on off the field. I'm keeping the faith with him until things can finally settle down and all of the players can concentrate on football only. Obviously I wouldn't say he should be guaranteed a place because that would be unfair on others who have performed brilliantly such as Bassong but I think it's really harsh all these people who are writing him off and saying never play him again because we lost to Chelsea ffs.

:colo:

Thought he was playing well today apart from the mistake, he wasn't at fault for the 2nd either. The first goal came from todays big problem, the midfield, Butt and Nolan were abysmal, the worst CM pairing i've ever witnessed.

You must be both fookin joking he has been shit for most of the season imho and today that woeful effort to clear for the goal was just pityful he should of kicked the ball up the pitch folowed by the player ,please do not make excuses for a awful performance in contrast to Enrique who has had the bottle to knuckle down under severe criticism from both fans and managers to show the rest of these fuckers what it means to graft .

So Enrique deserves to get dropped      have a word with yourself ffs

You can tell the people on here who have any form of observational skills just by finding out who thinks Colo's had a good season.

We're just going to ship him out?  Our highly rated £10m Argentina international defender who was a rock at the start of the season.

He's shot to pieces mentally because he's had no protection from the midfield all season.  I agree, his performances lately have not been good enough.

But this is why our defenders are s***.  Even Bramble is doing okay at Wigan.  It's not the player.  It's not that he's not good enough.

No, this isnt why our defenders are s*** as Bassong is demonstrating. If they're s*** they cannot handle the pressure of the premier league or playing for Newcastle, simple as that. Bramble was a defender who made cock ups but held down a place in a side who finished 4th in the league. No comparisons tbh.

Colocinni is a player who is playing in a decent defence, but has been CRAP all season himself. We have conceded the third most goals in the entire league & only he has played in every match. Wake up. Where the hell you saw him being a rock ill never know. I have never seen him even head a ball away all season ffs & i have watched him being beaten for pace endlessly.....losing a player endlessly. Name the match where you saw him being a rock. Seeing as the only games he's looked decent were simply because Bassong was probably clearing up for him. He only looks decent when HE doesnt make any clear mistakes, he never actually does well does he.

Its fcking pathetic. That first goal today is a fcking shambles down to him. He may have single handedly sent us down today, the positivity we could have picked up from a 0-0 is now well and gone & you and others are making excuses for this nonce.

The first goal conceded was a shocker for Colo, I would be inclined to take him out of the line up as well after today. I wouldn't be surprised if Shearer tries to stick with him though, in an effort to boost his confidence which looks shot.

Running back when you've lost the ball to mark your man isnt about confidence, its just giving up. Lack of determination, if he even half attempts to move whe nhe'd already cocked up Lampard doesnt get that first goal. Who knows what happens.

Guest neesy111

tired, wtf? the guy has just had 2 weeks off, hasn't played internationals this season and we've got knocked easily in both cup competitions

some of the chelsea players would have been on their 40-45th game of the season i.e. terry, lampard

get rid, i can't remember even bramble being the blame for this many goals or even boumsong at times now, it's every game he's costing us goals now especially at home

tired, wtf? the guy has just had 2 weeks off, hasn't played internationals this season and we've got knocked easily in both cup competitions

some of the chelsea players would have been on their 40-45th game of the season i.e. terry, lampard

get rid, i can't remember even bramble being the blame for this many goals or even boumsong at times now, it's every game he's costing us goals now especially at home

This simply fucking cannot be allowed to continue to be our only answer to high-priced central defenders who do not perform consistently or excellently every week, no fucking way.

We've paid £12m for this lad, a huge investment, much like it was with Boumsong before him and Bramble before that, and the club will not survive if it keeps buying these sorts of players and selling them at a huge loss after bad form. Concerted efforts must be made to help these players regain their form and maintain their confidence, if at all possible, instead of constantly aborting.

Right, honestly, Coloccini has been a fucking abomination recently as a central defender, I know this. I saw it today, I saw it at Hull and I've seen it against Arsenal and numerous times prior. However, this is a 5'11" central defender from Argentina, dropped by Mara-fucking-dona from his national squad playing in a brand new country, a brand new league and at a brand new club. He didn't speak the language when he arrived, found himself thrust into his debut at Old Trafford about 24 hours after signing (48?) and has since, to my knowledge, been doing his best to learn the lingo. Take a minute to think how this may have affected him and subsequently his performances... please...

He has played every single game this season (and did so last season for Deportivo). He has not hidden, unlike I'm certain a vast, vast majority of this squad WOULD do if they were suffering on-field as he has been recently. For those things he does deserve a hell of a lot of credit.

However, it is evident that he is suffering from shattered confidence and is constantly having the weaknesses in his game exposed by opposing teams (his lack of pace and his diminutive stature for a central defender). These things can be countered though with a bit of tactical nouse and organisation, which I hope the future (immediate and long-term) will bring. It must be noted though that it does not help that he has not been able to attain any respite - much like Boumsong before him - due to injuries and the general idiocy of the people managing this football club prior to Shearer's return.

He needs an arm around him, to possibly be "rested" for a few games if Bassong and Taylor are fit to return imminently (which they appear to be and which is timed very nicely for an aerial bombardment from Stoke), but he does not deserve to be completely written off. He has had some very good games and shown some very good signs of being a good footballer and a good defender. You do not lose that ability, but you do lose your form and psychologically you suffer. It's that side we need to work on, because he could undoubtedly still be a very good/big player for us.

I don't envy what he's been thrust into this season, though, and the same goes for what happened to Boumsong (who also had a few extremely bright spells in amongst the chaos).