Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest icemanblue

The sports direct banner on SJP should be changed to  "Fuck off you stupid idiot, Barton."

:lol:

Yeah! That'd show him!

"amid the fall-out from his imprisonment for assaulting Ousmane Dabo, one of his Manchester City team-mates at the time, in training."

Total bollocks, Barton was jailed for beating up a kid in Liverpool and the Dabo case didn't get to court until almost the end of his sentence for the original offence.

What do these f***ing journos get paid for? Lazy twats!

tbf it is quite hard to keep up with who Barton's been beating up and when.

"amid the fall-out from his imprisonment for assaulting Ousmane Dabo, one of his Manchester City team-mates at the time, in training."

Total bollocks, Barton was jailed for beating up a kid in Liverpool and the Dabo case didn't get to court until almost the end of his sentence for the original offence.

What do these f***ing journos get paid for? Lazy twats!

tbf it is quite hard to keep up with who Barton's been beating up and when.

:laugh2:

If the club want rid of him I doubt Barton would be willing to not play football for 3 years just to get his wages. He'd move on to the next club willing to offer him another 'last chance'.

Unless he does the same as that bloke Bogarde at Chelski back in the days...

Guest Heneage

His value on the pitch is nil.

Debatable.

He showed glimpses of quality against Liverpool, and can actually create, something I could not see any of the current crop doing.

great, get rid of Barton, our best midfielder by a mile when his market value is about a third of what his value on the pitch is

We all realise it's going to cost the club/us a fortune but what else do you suggest we do?

Guest Heneage

You must have missed his suspension.

No.

But you said his value ON the pitch. On the pitch he's a good player, but his value to us now is Nil.

No.

But you said his value ON the pitch. On the pitch he's a good player, but his value to us now is Nil.

He can't play. His value to us on the pitch is nil.

Guest Heneage

No.

He can't play. His value to us on the pitch is nil.

Semantics.

Fake Facebook Joey Barton on the prowl: " i love it man, i have enough money(newcastle united fans money haha) to never work again, do what the fuck i like hhhmmmm hahahaha the world, as they say, is my oyster, adios SUUUCCCKKKERRRS!!"

He could be absolutely massive for us next season, regardless of what league we're in

Being part of a successful team means one has to have more quality attributes than superior footballing ability...

He could be absolutely massive for us next season, regardless of what league we're in

he could be...........on the other hand he could be as much use as he has been since the day he signed.

What annoys me so much is, you see a player of Bartons quality and could be one of the better players plying his trade in the PL. He just goes and throws it in every Managers face who has put their faith in him. It just pisses me off. Cunt!!!.

Guest toonlass

According to the Daily Mail (I think) the other players are right behind Shearer in Barton's suspension. Solidarity brother!!!

According to the Daily Mail (I think) the other players are right behind Shearer in Barton's suspension. Solidarity brother!!!

They have to say that , they're scared they get suspended. :lol:

he could be...........on the other hand he could be as much use as he has been since the day he signed.

Yep, 2 years on and about 10 decent performance. Not one outstanding.

I think the whole thing has been a bit OTT tbh. People are acting like he's committed assault again and is about to go back to prison. I find it laughable that some have even suggested his psychological complex that makes him always need to the centre of attention. The truth is Barton does care about this football club, yes he certainly isn't the brightest but he has passion and if you took that out of him he wouldn't be the player he is. The Guthrie tackle on Fagan springs to mind, he like Barton was immensely frustrated at the game, the situation we were in and the result and he hit out and let his emotions get the better of him. The exact same thing has happened on Sunday, Barton a player who thinks he can really make a difference is stuck out on the right, the result is a foregone conclusion and he's also losing to a team who are his local rivals, and he's taken it out on the player who has pissed him off the most. I actually feel sorry for Barton this time, he is without doubt a talented footballer and he showed that during the first 45, he's done something silly nobody can deny that but i feel he's being vindicated to the max here.

The tackle itself was hardly that bad being 50/50 red, at worst it was pretty reckless challenge, but dangerous? definitely not, he has won the ball 20 years ago he may not have even been booked. From this everyone has over-reacted, the post-game bust-up is hardly an uncommon feature, players and managers have words all the time just like colleagues and managers do in an office, it is after all human nature to disagree. Joey's comments were obviously not the best but let's not forget Shearer himself was hardly a shrinking violet intially calling Barton s***, which got the reaction of s*** manager, s*** tactics if the reports are to be believed.

Shearer himself also has to take a portion of the blame albeit a small one. He should have learnt from this, that some players require more care and attention than others and it was hardly a huge mistake but playing Barton RM wasn't wise, because it has obviously led to some of the frustration. He knew Barton thought he could make a difference for th rest of the season and Al even said himself he's itching to get back from what he'd seen in training but then he plays him out of position and it wasn't that hard to foresee that such an eager player wouldn't react well to being played in a position where he can't do much. It must be something about the area because Rooney used to be the same when he played in midfield.

It's a shame really because Barton is a loss in footballing terms, i do have a sneaky feeling he will be a Newcastle player next season, because people will hopefully realise this has been a mass dramatisation once the dust has settled but because a fit and happy Joey Barton could be a potentially excellent player.