Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

Yer nice accurate ratings Pilko although i will say i wish Bassong would just clear it sometimes rather than turning back into the middle got lucky on a few occasions.

Anyone got a clip of the guy forgot who it was went for a header in the center circle sliced it and fell on his ass hilarious! :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

http://www.wbazone.com/forum/index.php?topic=25398.0

There is one WBA fan that didn't take too kindly to our result, pathetic coming from a 38 year old.

Scummy bunch of kunts

I just find it hilarious when other clubs take the piss... especially if their own clubs are even worse.

Just shows they care about us, when I couldn't give two f***s whether West Brom get relegated, stay up or spontaneously combust.

Could not have put it better myself mate  O0

We won through sheer bloody mindedness tonight. The football wasn't pretty but we just kept at them and they wilted in the end. Outstanding performers for me were Viduka, Guthrie, Butt and Duff. Jonas was disappointing but right now the result is all that counts. Well done lads.

So happy right now ... I don't even know what to say at the moment.

This may very well be the season Taylor became a man and finally matured. Has scored some unbelievably important goals this season.

Very pleased for Oba. You always have a chance with him on the pitch no matter how horrible he might be playing. Said it time and time again. For all the rough edges the guy makes defenders uncomfortable and can score in a variety of unconventional ways.

Owen ... well I think I've said enough about this guy. Depressing to see him out there just going through the motions and unable to do much else.

Hats off to Shearer. I am most pleased for him tonight because he has tried absolutely everything with this team and given everyone a chance to prove themselves rather than sticking doggedly with the same team. Great to see Guthrie get a chance and grab it with both hands and Loven also.

Excellent performance - a better side might have punished our slightly slack defending at times, but who gives a fuck? It's Boro and they're shite. Going a goal down in unlucky circumstances was what won us the game imo. It gave the crowd added impetus, it meant we'd be attacking for the whole game instead of only applying proper pressure in the second half. It also gives the players the belief that they CAN come from a goal down and win a game - the first time in 14 months we've done so (NUFC 2-1 Birmingham I do believe).

Good post, but the pedant within can't let it pass without reminding you of THFC 1 - 4 Newcastle. Partly because it's a game that makes me feel happy.

Nolan 8 - Immense performance, still a very sluggish player but got two assists today. He provided superb support for the forwards and also shored up the left and right channels when required. Massive improvement from Spurs away

I think he's been massively restricted both in movement and style by some mystery role Kinnear had planned for him. He actually ran today. Without looking like someone turned the ground infront of him into tar, wearing lead-boots. That alone is worthy of praise.

The midfield four from today needs to be the midfield four starting the last two games. Not that we'd have any other really viable options.

Excellent performance - a better side might have punished our slightly slack defending at times, but who gives a f***? It's Boro and they're s****. Going a goal down in unlucky circumstances was what won us the game imo. It gave the crowd added impetus, it meant we'd be attacking for the whole game instead of only applying proper pressure in the second half. It also gives the players the belief that they CAN come from a goal down and win a game - the first time in 14 months we've done so (NUFC 2-1 Birmingham I do believe).

Harper 6.5 - the two shots that went straight at him he managed to palm away instead of keeping hold, the shot from O'Neil hit Tuncay and on another day could have went in. Was good on crosses and commanded his area at times

Beye 6.5 - Very unlucky for the o.g, got forward very well in the second half and supported the attacks. Had a steady game and a few class block tackles got the crowd on side

S.Taylor 7.5 - Dominant in the air, calm on the deck and scored the all important equaliser. A threat during set pieces, and hardly gave Alves (and subsequently King) a kick all game

Bassong 7 - Emnes got goalside a couple of times and a better striker may have punished him, but Seb was class in the air and did the simple things well, booted it clear when necessary and stood up well

Duff 7.5 - Had a cracking game considering he wasn't playing in his natural position. Can only remember him wasting one pass (late on) all game and defended excellently. Seems to have a good understanding with Bassong on the left side of the defence. Didn't perform miracles attacking but he kept possesion well and kept things ticking over

Guthrie 7 - f***ing excellent corners (i.e. hit over the first man) one of which was scored from, had a great game and never stopped running, was a great engine and made one tackle in particular that was world class

Butt 6.5 - The usual mixed bag of class tackles and dodgy passes. His long balls to the flanks were good today but some of his crosses and balls over the top were s*** as usual. Didn't cost us anything though (for once!) so escapes my criticism

Nolan 8 - Immense performance, still a very sluggish player but got two assists today. He provided superb support for the forwards and also shored up the left and right channels when required. Massive improvement from Spurs away

Jonas 6.5 - Good with the ball at his feet and held it up well, won plenty of freekicks but again, very little tangible end product. Correctly removed by Shearer, whether tactical or to save him for next weekend I'm unsure of

Owen 6 - The usual decent touches, movement today was very good and made the correct runs into the channels. However barring one flicked header provided f*** all goal threat and was brought off at the right time

Viduka 8.5 - Hold up play is excellent, for an alleged 'fat' lazy player he never stopped running, gave everything for 85 minutes and provided some class link-ups. Is clearly playing for a new deal, man of the match today and rightly so

SUBS

Lovenkrands 7 - Didn't do much apart from knock the ball into the back of the net, so fair play to the lad. Looked delighted when he scored and was definetley worth it on a free transfer

Martins 7 - Scored a beauty of a slicer (who gives a f*** though?) and won key headers at the end of the game to keep the ball in the Boro third. Pace caused the game to become stretched and he worried Boro's patched up backline

Carroll 6.5 - Won a few headers and had two sights of goal, one he might have scored from (although Oba delayed the pass a bit long for me). Did nowt wrong, far cry from his similar length cameo against Man City at home

SHEARER 8.5 - Started the game with the best possible team and made the subs at the right time. Can't ask for anything more and he (and Dowie) deserve the win as much as anyone.

Excellent post, but I think it was 1-1 against Birmingham and we came back to win our last game against Spurs 1-4.. off the top of my head.

Nolan seems to have lost a bit of weight. I hate Bassongs tendency to "play" his way out of trouble. We don't need that right now, Bass thank you.

PS...you forgot to give your rating on Emnes. :shifty:

Kudos to Damien Duff, Seb Bassong, Steven Taylor, Kevin Nolan, and Mark Vidula tonight. Incredible heart, and those in particular dug in really deep to win the game for us tonight.

Jonas is fucking weak as piss and offers absolutely NOTHING.

Funny thing tonight was that I never really thought we were going to lose it for some reason, we were clearly the better team even when they scored. I was the most nervous I've ever been before a game but the lads settled me down a bit with the way they approached the game.

Tell you what, Habib covered some fucking ground today. He was everywhere at times. That man cares.

yep, made one or two errors, the first couple leading to an own goal, but he was effort personified and worked well with guthrie down the right.

Just wish Carroll scored one of his chances, would've been brilliant if all of Shearer's subs score.

Plus we'd have gone above the mackems.

would we have got an extra point or two like?

Just wish Carroll scored one of his chances, would've been brilliant if all of Shearer's subs score.

Plus we'd have gone above the mackems.

Would Carrolls goal have given us 2 extra points then?

Fuck me what a relief. I never thought i would survive the hole game. I want to cum in my hand and Do a spiderman in my own face!! Cant be described with words how i feel right now. But there is still alot of hard work to be done. But one BIG step in the right direction. Yes yes yes :)

Loved the passion... wtf has that been the rest of the season ?

As for Jonas... sorry pal ... your time is up. Good skills/workrate, but 

fu**all end product and lost the ball at least twice... any opposition

with any quality would have punished us.

Nice to see Nolan near the box... his Bolton form returning ?                                                                                 

f*** me what a relief. I never thought i would survive the hole game. I want to cum in my hand and Do a spiderman in my own face!! Cant be described with words how i feel right now. But there is still alot of hard work to be done. But one BIG step in the right direction. Yes yes yes :)

:lol: