Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

It's quite simple, there are two options:

Convince yourself that we've got no chance and spend the whole week miserable

Or delude yourself for a week and keep the faith

I find the latter preferable.

I've been doing that so far tbh. :lol:

I'm sure I'll have built up some ridiculous hope by the weekend though only to be let down again.

I've been doing that so far tbh. :lol:

Me as well but no matter how hard i try and how ever much i tell people at work we are goinig down, part of my brin is still telling me we have a good chance.

Stomach is doing somersaults already

A month or so ago I changed my Windows password at work to 'goingdown'. Coincidentally after Boro it needed changing so it's currently 'stayingup'.

:shifty:

:( We're fucked now Dave cheers

Mind I just changed one of my passwords to relegation2009  :-[

If we are relegated i'm selling my oasis tickets for the stadium of shiite. Couldn't enjoy it , going there knowing they are in the premiership and we aren't.  

part of the reason I chose to go to Manchester.

Football chanting seems to happen regularly at many gigs I go to now.  Couldn't stand the thought of hearing slack-jawed anti-Newcastle songs sung en mass.

If we are relegated i'm selling my oasis tickets for the stadium of shiite. Couldn't enjoy it , going there knowing they are in the premiership and we aren't.  

No you should go. If you even contemplated stepping foot in that flea pit on the account of watching Oasis you might as well see it through.

Football chanting seems to happen regularly at many gigs I go to now.  Couldn't stand the thought of hearing slack-jawed anti-Newcastle songs sung en mass.

Murrayfield for me. No way am I going to mix with them cunts in their Meccano stadium.

Murrayfield for me. No way am I going to mix with them c***s in their Meccano stadium.

I had tickets for Murrayfield but had to opt for the shithole because of the lasses exams.

Being drunk by 10 am on a Sunday is going to take a serious and professional effort.

This.

Get up at 7am, start thinking about the game, you will be in a pool of your own piss and vomit by 9.

Being drunk by 10 am on a Sunday is going to take a serious and professional effort.

I'm gonna drink a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive?

Nice choice of Eminem lyrics. But I doubt I will even bother sleeping Saturday night. Just stay out hammered until 4 or 5 AM (gotta love New York), worry for a few hours, then had back to the bar and drink myself stupid.

Yep, not on until 1am Monday morning here in Aus, so I can go to the pub until midnight, and be pissed rather easily by the time I get home.

Only problem is, after we lose getting to sleep will be impossible, and I'll be off to work on Monday morning with no sleep behind me and in a terrible mood.

It'll be easy man, I'm out on the piss all night in Nottingham the night before so I just need to make sure I don't sober up.

Saying that, Birmingham police are absolute fuckers and lift people at random going into the ground for the offence of "Attempting gain entry to a sporting event whilst drunk."  Nabbed a mate of mine at Villa Park minding his own business and hoisted some lad next to me up by both arms and bundled him into a side door at St Andrews for the offence of singing as he came through the turnstiles. 

:dowie:

Guest toonlass

Fate and hope are having a massive barney at the moment. Hope had kicked fate in the knackers after the boro game, but then fate came back with a headbutt at Fulham. Neither ever fight clean. Lets just pray that hope eye gouges fate on sunday and then whips out a pistol. *

*if anyone knows what I am talking about can you explain it to me please.

last year:

4 mins An early breakthrough at the Holte End, as Milner's excellent cross from the left flank was headed home at the front post by Michael Owen for his second goal in successive games. 0-1

Half time: Aston Villa 0 Newcastle 1

48 mins After failing to trouble the scorer in his previous 75 outings for Villa, Wilfred Bouma's low shot took enough of a deflection off the returning Beye to deceive Given - who sustained a groin pull as he unsuccessfully tried to stretch for the ball.  1-1

51 mins Young's corner from the left was glanced home by John Carew, aided by Duff having deserted his covering spot at the far post.  1-2

72 mins The ball pinging around our area in farcical fashion before Carew knocked it home. 1-3

90 mins Carr's handball allowed Carew to complete his hat trick from the penalty spot - the first spot kick we'd conceded this season. 1-4

Full time: Aston Villa 4 Newcastle 1

http://www.nufc.com/html/2007-08html/2008-02-09aston-villa-a.html

Let's not have that again!

Lucky Ref In Charge At Villa

LUCKY away-day ref Chris Foy will be in charge when Newcastle United travel to Aston Villa for this Sunday's relegation decider.

The Merseyside official has presided over three of the Magpies' road trip this season; the 3-0 win at Portsmouth, 3-2 success against West Brom and 1-1 draw at Stoke.

Foy will be flanked by assistants Mr A Butler and Mr R Pollock.

I'll take that like! (from NUFC.co.uk)

Pav

Barton Albert Peacock Beresford

Gillespie Lee Batty Ginola

Beardsley Ferdinand

We might have a chance!

Butt would probably get in the side ahead of Rob Lee tbh.