Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Two dreams about it last night, we won both times. First time Hull and Sunderland both won as well so I took Man U to court. Second time we won 5-2 and Man U beat Hull 6-3 or something daft like that.

Carroll being out could prove to be a huge blow if we're chasing the game in the last ten minutes.

Which is exactly the reason I'd have Ranger on the bench in his place.

Guest Matticus

I can't rid of this sick feeling that we'll go 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes or something like that.  :no:

Even if we score early, I really can't see us defending a lead.

I've been slating Owen all season, but we really really need him on Sunday.

The anxiety is killing me :cheesy:  :frantic:

Assuming no doubts make it, this what we need:

Harper

Edgar    S Taylor  Colocinni  Duff (ugh)

Guthrie    Butt      Jonas

Owen

Martins    Viduka

Subs:  Krul, R Taylor, Nolan, Donaldson, Xisco, Ranger, Ameobi

I don't like the look of it  :lol: Whichever team we put out if going to be bloody awful with our defensive and midfield options.

How about we just fucking go for it.

------------------------Harper----------------------

R.Taylor-------S.Taylor------Colo----------Edgar/Enrique (if fit)

Jonas---------Guthrie------Nolan---------Duff

----------------Viduka-------Martins----------

Subs: Krul, Geremi, Butt, Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Owen

Awful defence obviously

Harper

Taylor

Jonas  Smith    Duff

Martins  Owen  Lovenkrands

Viduka  Ranger Carroll

Guest alankhaw

Harper

Taylor

Jonas   Smith    Duff

Viduka  Ranger Carroll

:lol:

Assuming no doubts make it, this what we need:

Harper

Edgar    S Taylor  Colocinni   Duff (ugh)

Guthrie     Butt       Jonas

Owen

Martins    Viduka

Subs:  Krul, R Taylor, Nolan, Donaldson, Xisco, Ranger, Ameobi

Donaldson? ??? Ahead of Lovenkrands too? Madness.

I can't rid of this sick feeling that we'll go 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes or something like that. :no:

Pretty sure Fulham needed to win on the last day last season, were 2-0 down at half time, brought it back to 2-3 in the last minute of the game.

I can't rid of this sick feeling that we'll go 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes or something like that.  :no:

Pretty sure Fulham needed to win on the last day last season, were 2-0 down at half time, brought it back to 2-3 in the last minute of the game.

That was a game or two earlier away at Man City. On the last day they won at Pompey I think 1-0

That was a game or two earlier away at Man City. On the last day they won at Pompey I think 1-0

yep, Man City, who could be compared to Villa for taking their vacation 3 months early

The thought of Agbonlahor and Young being served by Petrov and Berry on our flanks make me wanna pee myself in public

Agbonlahor will be playing alongside Carew up front, it will be Milner and Young on the flanks.

Although i hope he drops Gabby, who looks fooked, and plays Delfouneso.

Where is Xisco? In some gay bar again or just injured?

What does it say about him when it seems Shearer and Dowie rate him behind Ameobi and Ranger in the striker pecking order?

The thought of Agbonlahor and Young being served by Petrov and Berry on our flanks make me wanna pee myself in public

Agbonlahor will be playing alongside Carew up front, it will be Milner and Young on the flanks.

Although i hope he drops Gabby, who looks fooked, and plays Delfouneso.

I thought you liked us here? You should hope for a draw that saves us (with Man U beating Hull) and Fulham beating Everton so you get 5th place.

Will you bother hanging around here if we get relegated? We won't want to hear about the Premiership if we're down in the Championship.

It would also be helpful if Everton took a commanding lead away to Fulham so at half time the Aston Villa players would know they wouldn't be able to get 5th even if they won.

I doubt they are even bothered about finishing above Everton.

Season after season, we do have a decent squad on paper but it's only on paper. God knows why... -sigh-

While I'm not an optimistic nut, I really hope the guys can deliver in the crucial match that matters most and that lady luck will be shining on our side in either the Manchester United match or the Chelsea one.

Harper

Taylor

Jonas   Smith    Duff

Viduka  Ranger Carroll

I'd stick someone attacking in instead of Smith personally.