Bassong: 'I want to leave for my career and my future'

Dave

Despite my comments elsewhere about having a bruiser in central defence, it would be nice to see Bassong and Taylor strike up a partnership together. A year getting roughed up in the Championship could make them.

Despite my comments elsewhere about having a bruiser in central defence, it would be nice to see Bassong and Taylor strike up a partnership together. A year getting roughed up in the Championship could make them.

beye playing at RB helping them along with his experience as well, could be good

Beye---Taylor---Bassong---Enrique

is that good enough? I think so if the all CAN stay fit and get a good run of games together.

I'd say that was plenty good enough for the Championship. Depending on significant changes to the midfield of course.

I can't see us having that back 4. We may keep 3 at best but Enrique will go back to Spain and Bassong will go to another PL club. Losing Bassong would be a blow, losing Enrique will at least ease the wage bill.

To be honest, I think Shearer if he does stay on will be told he has full control of the first team, whoever he wants to keep he can keep within reason, whoever he wants to go he can let go. The stumbling block may well be the amount of money he will have to spend. Shearer like all of us will want to bounce back first season and might want more than Ashley is willing to give him. We should get about £8m from player sales I imagine, it's the extra on top of that that Ashley will put in himself which will be crucial for Shearer.

we will get a hell of a lot more than £8m in sales, thats for sure.

Funnily enough I care about more defenders staying than any other position. It may well be because it's fairly obvious Martins and Jonas won't be hanging around, I couldn't give two shits about Michael Owen, and the rest of the team is in the "meh" to "wank" category.

I'd be fairly optimistic of a return to the Premiership if Beye, Bassong, Taylor, Enrique was our back four next year. Doubt it will happen though.

To be honest, I think Shearer if he does stay on will be told he has full control of the first team, whoever he wants to keep he can keep within reason, whoever he wants to go he can let go. The stumbling block may well be the amount of money he will have to spend. Shearer like all of us will want to bounce back first season and might want more than Ashley is willing to give him. We should get about £8m from player sales I imagine, it's the extra on top of that that Ashley will put in himself which will be crucial for Shearer.

we will get a hell of a lot more than £8m in sales, thats for sure.

With a proper clear out we'd get £20m+, surely. Plus the money from previous sales which is only coming in now.

The problem is I can see most of that money going back in to offset the losses. I bet Shearer only has £10-15m for transfers this summer. Which when spread across anything up to ten players isn't a great deal.

I just hope that we wont sell any of our players for peanuts.  Except players like Smith, Geremi and a few more just to get off the wage bill and that they are shit.

I wouldn't be happy seeing us sell players like Bassong, Enrique, Martins for a lot less than they're worth. And i hope we dont sell Coloccini for £100 as i think we can ask for alot more from some clubs in spain.

The money is worth more than him tbh he's not exactly a world beater, just a solid performer, he can be easily replaced.

We thought that with Bramble and Faye though didn't we? I think we need to hold onto Bassong if possible. Not sure we will be able to but Shearer will probably push for him to be given a decent deal.

The money is worth more than him tbh he's not exactly a world beater, just a solid performer, he can be easily replaced.

We thought that with Bramble and Faye though didn't we? I think we need to hold onto Bassong if possible. Not sure we will be able to but Shearer will probably push for him to be given a decent deal.

Well, I wouldn't put Bramble in there but I agree with the sentiment. People need to remember we're a championship club now, getting "solid players" wasn't easy while we were in the prem, and its not going to get any easier now.

Bassong has the potential to be far better than Faye and the like, at any rate.

Guest firetotheworks

isn't that less than Taylor? f***ing hell man

Taylors contract was given when we were a Premier League team. That's the difference.

I'd say that's a good CCC salary and he's probably doubled his salary with this offer. So unless he's a greedy cunt (I know, I know he's footballer after all) he should give us one season in the CCC for that kind of money and perhaps negotiate a promotion clause that stipulates a 50% raise or something like that.

Would people be happy with a Bassong and Taylor CB partnership next season?

Not so sure myself.

A lot of credit to Taylor this season but I still don't quite like him at centre back.

If Bassong stays I would like a big dirty beast experienced championship defender type to play beside him.

Not so sure myself.

A lot of credit to Taylor this season but I still don't quite like him at centre back.

If Bassong stays I would like a big dirty beast experienced championship defender type to play beside him.

I agree with this. I've warmed to Taylor a lot in the past couple of months but he's still a liability at CB, whichever league we're in. Doesn't have the brain for it and never will have.

Not so sure myself.

Were do you want him striker?  cos he is shit as a full back