Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Did anyone see SSN this morning. I only got a bit of it before I left for work and they were going to interview Ross McCormack from Cardiff about his future. I would take him alongside Beckford. We would still have Carroll as well I would have thought.

would you take a punt on lomana lua lua again? he signed a 1 year deal with some team in qatar or saudi last year, which is due to finish in july or so.

he's 28 and i'm sure he could do well for us again, i'm sure he'd fancy the chance to play in the same team as kazenga

would you take a punt on lomana lua lua again? he signed a 1 year deal with some team in qatar or saudi last year, which is due to finish in july or so.

he's 28 and i'm sure he could do well for us again, i'm sure he'd fancy the chance to play in the same team as kazenga

Yes, anytime!

What about matt debyshire from cackburn rovers?

i'm sure olympiakos are getting quoted @ £5m for him :o

i doubt we'd pay that much for anyone this summer

Aye but Cackburn want Smith, deal to be struck?

Marca reports Atletico Madrid are keen on signing Newcastle defender Jose Enrique for a fee of less than 5million euros.

Hope not.

Less then 5 euros will be summik like 3.5 mil?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would swap Derbyshire for Smith

Smith on 60k a week, Derbyshire 25k a week would represent a good deal

Would like to see us going for

Kieron Westwood. (been solid this season, next Shay Given?)

Joe Mattock (spunk all the money we get back from Enrique if he goes on this lad)

Daniel Fox (we've been after him before, we'd need a LB whether Enrqiue stays or goes)

Kyle Naughton (quality pacey RB, would be excellent if Beye left)

Rodger Johnson (bit old compared to the rest but experienced at this level and we'd need someone like him to help Taylor)

Micheal Kightly (probably too difficult now with Wolves being in the Prem)

Joe Ledley (fantastic, would command a big price but would state our intentions)

Jordi Gomez (On loan from Espanyol to Swansea, maybe we can hijack the loan for next year?)

Fabien Delph (Raw talent, another expensive one but worth it in the end)

Simon Cox (Tore up League one, reckon he's ready for the step up and could become a mini Shearer)

Jermaine Beckford (not as many goals as Cox, bit unpredictable would make a good partner with Cox)

Joe Mattock (spunk all the money we get back from Enrique if he goes on this lad)

Daniel Fox (we've been after him before, we'd need a LB whether Enrqiue stays or goes)

Rodger Johnson (bit old compared to the rest but experienced at this level and we'd need someone like him to help Taylor)

Joe Ledley (fantastic, would command a big price but would state our intentions)

Jordi Gomez (On loan from Espanyol to Swansea, maybe we can hijack the loan for next year?)

Simon Cox (Tore up League one, reckon he's ready for the step up and could become a mini Shearer)

Jermaine Beckford (not as many goals as Cox, bit unpredictable would make a good partner with Cox)

No need to sign a young goalkeeper we already have 2/3 ready for a chance. Krul must surely get a go before we sign anyone else.

I would swap Derbyshire for Smith

Smith on 60k a week, Derbyshire 25k a week would represent a good deal

don't think he'd be willing to swap Champions league footy with Coca Cola Championship footy after his success with Olympiakos. Ketsbaia will get him signed him up eventually IMO...

It's so ironic isn't it  ...

We are now going to be forced to buy the sort of players many of us have been arguing we should be buying for a while now, the sorts we just didn't have enough of in our team i.e. young up and coming talent from the lower leagues rather than the top clubs older cast offs.

I am looking forward to it immensely. All we need is for Shearer to be given the go ahead to do what he needs to and we are on our way to having a younger hungrier team we can really get behind.

To see what the Lescott and Jagielka have become at Everton is just so demoralising. These players were considered by most to not be good enough for us back then just because they were championship players.

No need to sign a young goalkeeper we already have 2/3 ready for a chance. Krul must surely get a go before we sign anyone else.

Get rid of Harper. Yes he'd be good in the Championship but really not good enough in the long run, plus he'll be on big wages.

I'd get rid of everyone over 27 from our squad and keep it young, fresh and hungry.

Didn't Erik Huseklepp say that he would like to join us, whichever league we are in

That was Per Ciljan Skjelbred. And we'd much rather have him than Huseklepp ;)

Thought is they would both come, even to the championship.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2009/04/29/united-klepping-tabs-on-wing-ace-72703-23500460/

Should sign them both up really if they are really both interested in coming.

I hope we try and prise Kevin Doyle away from Reading and Beckford would be a good addition if the price is right. We will need to get an experienced Striker in though, like James Beattie (who will not be available to us).

Doyle, Ranger, Carroll, Beckford, Huseklepp and experienced striker would be a decent front line to choose from.

Then there is the possibility we might still be lumbered with Ameobi and have lovenkrands around.

Skjelbred seems a bit of a sickly lad.

http://www.offthepost.info/2009/06/video-norwegian-player-loves-to-vomit-on-the-pitch/

we've also got that Soderburg guy or is he not very good?

Miles off from the 1st team. Westwood just got keeper of the year in the CCC, massive gulf in quality and experience.

Didn't Erik Huseklepp say that he would like to join us, whichever league we are in

That was Per Ciljan Skjelbred. And we'd much rather have him than Huseklepp ;)

Thought is they would both come, even to the championship.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2009/04/29/united-klepping-tabs-on-wing-ace-72703-23500460/

Should sign them both up really if they are really both interested in coming.

I hope we try and prise Kevin Doyle away from Reading and Beckford would be a good addition if the price is right. We will need to get an experienced Striker in though, like James Beattie (who will not be available to us).

Doyle, Ranger, Carroll, Beckford, Huseklepp and experienced striker would be a decent front line to choose from.

Then there is the possibility we might still be lumbered with Ameobi and have lovenkrands around.

Skjelbred seems a bit of a sickly lad.

http://www.offthepost.info/2009/06/video-norwegian-player-loves-to-vomit-on-the-pitch/

tbh a young International with tons of Champions League experience, wanting to come play for us even with us being in the Championship. I'm flabbergasted we've not snatched him up yet.