RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WUM? Come on man...surely? :lol:

i agree with him

unfortunately i also agreed with this sentiment a month ago - which just goes to show how much dogs "do do" we are in

definate wum btw

Eh? I agreed as well a month ago with this but reality is dawning now that the new season is appraoching and we still have Ashley, no manager and last seasons squad.

We need a takeover to get things sorted for the good of the club.

i agree with him

unfortunately i also agreed with this sentiment a month ago - which just goes to show how much dogs "do do" we are in

definate wum btw

Eh? I agreed as well a month ago with this but reality is dawning now that the new season is appraoching and we still have Ashley, no manager and last seasons squad.

We need a takeover to get things sorted for the good of the club.

You're right. Someone should start a thread about this!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Maybe we should protest outside the ground and demand the apointment of Shearer or some info.? :tickedoff:

i agree with him

definate wum btw

Course you do :lol: It's about as obvious as Ameobi playing like Ade Akinbiyi on a bad day.

Maybe we should protest outside the ground and demand the apointment of Shearer or some info.? :tickedoff:

This will be seen as a Militant act and will frighten off any potential investor.

Should be ok  if we wear flowers in our hair and just sit down  :mackems:

Anyone else think a takeover is really important?

If we get stuck with Ashley, then a return to the Premiership is going to be unlikely and the wage bill will be too high. We need this takeover IMO.

Also our players need to score more goals during matches while also letting the opposition on the day score less goals at the other end.  I really think this would improve our chances of winning games.

Does anybody else think this strategy could improve the performance of the team?

Anyone else think a takeover is really important?

If we get stuck with Ashley, then a return to the Premiership is going to be unlikely and the wage bill will be too high. We need this takeover IMO.

Also our players need to score more goals during matches while also letting the opposition on the day score less goals at the other end.  I really think this would improve our chances of winning games.

Does anybody else think this strategy could improve the performance of the team?

No, we still have Nicky Butt

Uncle Chuckles or Charlie Watshisname?????

He has very little chance if he is only just logging his bid now.  Plus he has totally blown any chance because he has disclosed his intent while the other "serious" bidders are following the None Disclosure Agreement terms.

Probably more likely he has been sounded out by the press about Newcastle because of his links with Sunderlands original takeover and he has responded with something along the lines of saying yes, it would probably be a decent investment because the price is right as compared to the value of the club a couple of years ago.

But, just imagine if it was true???  We could all start thinking that we are Irish as well!!  That would be really great fun what with the tricolour flags and the Guiness hats and the really great sense of humour and all the Irish people starting to follow us, to be sure!

Stupid mackem cunts!

By the terms of the bidding process set up by Semour Price only bidders who remain anonimous and sign the NDA will be given acces to the accounts so to answer your question, probably no.

I don't see what the hold up is Llambais (prick) said "at least 2 bids of 100m".

So what's the fucking hold up????!!??

Accept one of them and fuck off!!!!

The bottom line is, you can't believe a word any of these slimy bastards say. The sooner these parasites are out of the club the better.

Thank you. Rant over.

If there's been an offer matching the £100 million asking price, and that's a big if, then Ashley would be off his fucking head not to accept at this stage.

We start playing for points in less than 4 weeks time, and when we get off to the shite start we are all expecting if this is not resolved by then, the value of the club can only head one way and that's down.

What will the club be worth when we are bottom of the league at the end of August?

Guest Geordiesned

I used to say that I'd only believe anything if it appears on the official website but I don't think you can even trust that when it's Llambias spouting shite.

By the terms of the bidding process set up by Semour Price only bidders who remain anonimous and sign the NDA will be given acces to the accounts so to answer your question, probably no.

isn't that a bit naive. for example he just turns round and says there were no suitable bids because he's heard others are interested.

There's a number of reasons why this(the irish interest) would be a non-starter.

1. Cash. The consortium who bought Sunderland paid £10M and the largest investor only paid about £2M for his shares. This time round, each consortium member would have to pledge £12.5M each to buy the club and probably the same again each to kick on, get promoted etc. I'd find it hard to believe that this guy could find enough people willing to do this.

2. Time. Given the fact this consortium would have links to the unwashed, as soon as we had a bad run, the mong brigade would be almost immediately on their backs. This would be unsettling for the players, so we'd not be in much better a position than we are now.

3. Plan. When the Paddies took over Sunderland, I think I'm right in saying Niall Quinn was procative in putting the whole thing together, primarily because of his affinity with the club. They had in mind to bring a manager in who would help win promotion at the first attempt, and after the disastrous start with Quinn as manager, they won the league. So far the plan for Charlie Chawke is to get 8 or so investors together and it will all work out well. They would need a figurehead for the bid, someone with sound knowledge of running a club, or at least some affinity with the club ala Quinn at Sunderland.

4. Bollocks. I'm in no doubt that positive noises were made when he enquired about purchasing the club. Those noises would have been along the lines of come back when you have the £100M secured and we'll go from there. If the media is to be believed, all interested parties had to show they had the £100M before they could be considered for due dilligence.

Like the profitable group, these are just chancers who have gained a few more inches in the press than they would normally get. It won't make any difference to how quickly or slowly the club is sold, because the serious bidders have maintained the required silence brought upon by the non-disclosure agreement. The fact there's not even been a credible rumour for a couple of days could actually be encouraging, as it might mean that the winning bidder is tying up all the legalities behind the sale before it is announced.

as someone has already said, selling a house takes a while, at least 8-10 weeks.

two parties have agreed a fee then as well.

why should this be any different?

its going to take a while, end of.

I have a feeling that anyone we hear about, and especially those we hear from, can be discounted as serious bidders out of hand, seeing as anyone who is a serious bidder will have signed a non-disclosure document and therefore will not be talking about it. The big worry about the Profitable Group was that they were just publicity-seeking time-wasters and I think that's been backed up with them releasing an official statement saying that they've made a bid, when if the actually had they wouldn't be able to talk about it. I get the impression that anyone talking about just entering the fray now can also be discounted, as if they were serious about it they would already be in discussions with the club. It's not like they can say they've only just found out that we're up for sale, they've had long enough to make a move and if they haven't done it already they're not going to.

We won't be bought by anyone we've been hearing a great deal from through the press, it'll be someone we've only heard vague rumours about or someone we've not thought of at all. Even Freddie's not been mouthing off in the press and that worries me to be honest, the less we hear from him the more worried I get. He must be gagging to spill his guts to the press and the longer it goes on before we see that the greater I think the chances of the nightmare scenario of him regaining control become. I won't be able to sleep well until I've read a huge interview piece with him in one of the tabloids, saying about how he's going to ride back into SJP on his white charger and take us back to glory. I'm telling you, if we hear from him before this is all over then it's good news as it means he's given up hope of actually getting his hands on the club.

Is pretty much spot on.

I've said all along we'll hear nothing substantial or credible until the deal is completed due to all interested (serious) parties being bound by the terms of NDA's.

Much as we Newcastle fans like to have our daily dose of media coverage, in this case nothing can be disclosed and therefore the press and media can do little more than speculate and make things up to fill their columns.

Like everyone I'll be glad when it's done but I can't understand the present levels of panic/anxiety. A deal will be concluded and Alan Shearer will almost certainly be installed as the new manager as long as his wage demands are sensible.

I would be surprised if he is not working on things already but like all other serious parties is unable to say anything until the business is concluded.

At this stage of pre season most clubs are working on little more than condition and fitness and most managers will have had little input so far - Cloughie probably wouldn't turn up until a few days before the season kicked off.

The tension being created by the present situation could actually have a positive effect on our season, if the news is broken and the manager is confirmed close to the season starting rather than two months before- a bit like the lift a team and fans get from a new managerial appointment.

Not much relevance i suppose but grabbed this ,you money people will probably make sense of it but as Wayne from Auf Wiedersehen Pet said to the lads "your just thick Geordie bastards" i think he said that anyway :undecided: and thats me  :-[

Meanwhile, Ashley’s Sports Direct is reportedly set for an investor battle on Thursday when the company, 71 per cent owned by Newcastle owner Ashley, releases its annual results. It is expected to scrap its dividend, saving the company around US$33.7 million, with the proceeds going towards paying down debt.

According to the Daily Telegraph newspaper Sports Direct, ‘is also thought to have revised the terms of a proposed £50m bonus scheme that could see more than 2,000 staff earn a year’s salary in free shares. The bonus plan will reportedly hand staff a share windfall worth an average of £25,000 if the company meets self-imposed profit targets.‘ The share payout would dilute Ashley’s stake.

Ashley is keen to sell Newcastle, and is considering a number of bids from interested parties. In other news the club, relegated from the Premier League in May, is believed to be paying the difference in striker Michael Owen’s wages, reduced dramatically when he moved to Manchester United, for the rest of July. The agreement could see the struggling club pay upwards of US$200,000 to its ex-player over the rest of the month.

I have a feeling that anyone we hear about, and especially those we hear from, can be discounted as serious bidders out of hand, seeing as anyone who is a serious bidder will have signed a non-disclosure document and therefore will not be talking about it. The big worry about the Profitable Group was that they were just publicity-seeking time-wasters and I think that's been backed up with them releasing an official statement saying that they've made a bid, when if the actually had they wouldn't be able to talk about it. I get the impression that anyone talking about just entering the fray now can also be discounted, as if they were serious about it they would already be in discussions with the club. It's not like they can say they've only just found out that we're up for sale, they've had long enough to make a move and if they haven't done it already they're not going to.

We won't be bought by anyone we've been hearing a great deal from through the press, it'll be someone we've only heard vague rumours about or someone we've not thought of at all. Even Freddie's not been mouthing off in the press and that worries me to be honest, the less we hear from him the more worried I get. He must be gagging to spill his guts to the press and the longer it goes on before we see that the greater I think the chances of the nightmare scenario of him regaining control become. I won't be able to sleep well until I've read a huge interview piece with him in one of the tabloids, saying about how he's going to ride back into SJP on his white charger and take us back to glory. I'm telling you, if we hear from him before this is all over then it's good news as it means he's given up hope of actually getting his hands on the club.

Is pretty much spot on.

I've said all along we'll hear nothing substantial or credible until the deal is completed due to all interested (serious) parties being bound by the terms of NDA's.

Much as we Newcastle fans like to have our daily dose of media coverage, in this case nothing can be disclosed and therefore the press and media can do little more than speculate and make things up to fill their columns.

Like everyone I'll be glad when it's done but I can't understand the present levels of panic/anxiety. A deal will be concluded and Alan Shearer will almost certainly be installed as the new manager as long as his wage demands are sensible.

I would be surprised if he is not working on things already but like all other serious parties is unable to say anything until the business is concluded.

At this stage of pre season most clubs are working on little more than condition and fitness and most managers will have had little input so far - Cloughie probably wouldn't turn up until a few days before the season kicked off.

The tension being created by the present situation could actually have a positive effect on our season, if the news is broken and the manager is confirmed close to the season starting rather than two months before- a bit like the lift a team and fans get from a new managerial appointment.

I'm afraid this post is way to sensible to take seriously.

Suddenly everyone's an expert on non disclosure agreements. Do we know for a fact what it entails? Personally I would have thought it would simply be that anyone looking at the accounts in the "data room" cannot reveal those details; and on the other side, SP cannot reveal the names of the bidders. It doesn't necessarily mean that they themselves can't say they are interested in the club if they want to.

Having said that, I agree that empty vessels make the most noise.

Seriously? After considering how well the sale of the club went last time with 7 bidders fighting it out? After considering the methods Ashley uses in his other business (70% off sales which never end, shops which are closing down but never close)? The new season's less than a month away and we've done NOTHING yet to prepare for it when this off season requires double the work it normally would. How can anyone not be anxious? I can only think your lack of anxiety is down to the fact you wouldn't mind him staying on and are happy with Kinnear as manager.

I find it hard to believe Ashley won't sell now, but he's already done so many things that even I couldn't believe he would do, that I just wouldn't put anything past him now.