RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Ryder:

The transfer embargo has now been lifted - this would indicate one of two things: 1) we're getting close to a deal and the potential buyer(s) have given their blessing to the sale of 'assets'; or 2) MA is preparing to take the club off the record. I'm 80% sure that it's the first option, but not happy that Keegan is being mooted as a possible manager. Still, can't have everything and for now I'll settle for getting rid of Laura Ashley!

Conspiracy theory: this is some random in Dubai that Ashley is paying to say he's interested in order to force the genuine bidders to up their offers.

;)

That seems like something that should be illegal.

Lee Ryder:

The transfer embargo has now been lifted - this would indicate one of two things: 1) we're getting close to a deal and the potential buyer(s) have given their blessing to the sale of 'assets'; or 2) MA is preparing to take the club off the record. I'm 80% sure that it's the first option, but not happy that Keegan is being mooted as a possible manager. Still, can't have everything and for now I'll settle for getting rid of Laura Ashley!

:laugh: Laura? did he really write that?

Lee Ryder:

:laugh: Laura? did he really write that?

Yeah - it's from his blog published today.

Oh one more drink and then I'll go

But there's one more thing I've got to know

Does he take you places that I don't?

What happened to the story that we wrote?

You just say you don't know, you don't know

Oh no you don't know, you don't know

Oh let's just get this whole thing straight

I don't wanna kidnap the truth and negotiate

Or miss the point that they met you

Just wanna hear you say something that you believe to be true

You say you don't know, you don't know

You just say you don't know, you don't know

What it feels like

What it feels like

And so I'll go before I fall to pieces

Yes I'll go before I fall to pieces

Now I'm just waiting for something that might never come

If it's a million to one shot I'll make sure I won

Seems that nothing is safe, except the truth turns to lies

Never figured it out, I figured out why

So I'll go, yes I'll go

Yes I'll go, yes I'll go

Oh baby I'll go, oh yes I'll go

Yes I'll go, oh yes I'll go

Before I fall to pieces

Before I fall to pieces

The story comes from The Sun. I'm sceptical to say the least. I just don't see good things happing to our club. Certianly not worth building our hopes up yet again, that's for sure.

Would a single Iranian player manage to get a work permit?

Why wouldn't they... just out of interest? (Sure there's a valid reason, just not that clued up on it). There's been plenty of players from that quarter over in this league. Think Teymourian's the latest Iranian import?

as long as the country is within the top 70 of the Fifa rankings, Premier league rules allow it....so yes.

Premier League rules....

Anyone else think that this is just a cunning ploy so that Dave can win the admin sweepstake for number of pages this thread can accumulate before a sale? He actually knows we're being sold to Shepherd next week and needs some filler before he can hit his 280 page target and win a bag of crisps off the rest of the admin teams.