RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crave attention?

We will see who is right in 7 days time

Were you right over 20 days ago when you said this...

All legal work complete.

US duo flying in this weekend.

Sheard has turned down tickets to Cardiff because he is hounded by the media.

The deal, subject to the vaguaries of MA and DL will COMPLETE tues or weds

I know US people and Sheard have requested to got to Blackpool and definitely will be there Plymouth home on 19th. you will be surprised at one of the USA people - darling!!!!!!

Crave attention?

All legal work complete.

I know US people and Sheard have requested to got to Blackpool and definitely will be there Plymouth home on 19th. you will be surprised at one of the USA people - darling!!!!!!

WUM isnt it clear?

Crave attention?

All legal work complete.

WUM isnt it clear?

I'd say so

Crave attention?

All legal work complete.

WUM isnt it clear?

I'd say so

To be fair he might not be. Even the people who are genuinely close to the deal don't know a whole lot about what's going on, partly because its all been done through middle men, and partly because of the way Ashley is conducting the deal.

If he's close to the Sheard group then he would know a lot of stuff about their bid, and whatever tickets they've asked for, although to claim a deal will be done in 7 days does cast doubts on his reliability, even Ashley doesn't know how long this all will take, so I doubt Silius does.

Crave attention?

All legal work complete.

WUM isnt it clear?

I'd say so

To be fair he might not be. Even the people who are genuinely close to the deal don't know a whole lot about what's going on, partly because its all been done through middle men, and partly because of the way Ashley is conducting the deal.

If he's close to the Sheard group then he would know a lot of stuff about their bid, and whatever tickets they've asked for, although to claim a deal will be done in 7 days does cast doubts on his reliability, even Ashley doesn't know how long this all will take, so I doubt Silius does.

an internet message board poster close to the takeover group? im going to lol this.

lol

Crave attention?

All legal work complete.

WUM isnt it clear?

I'd say so

an internet message board poster close to the takeover group? im going to lol this.

lol

Except that the way a deal like this works is that you have some people at senior level making the decisions, but they have a team of more junior people who do a lot of the work. There's a fair chance that one of those people might just be a Newcastle fan, and has access to the internet.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/10/04/london-sources-backing-moat-s-newcastle-bid-79310-24845560/

London sources backing Moat's Newcastle bid

Oct 4 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

BARRY MOAT is finally closing in on a deal to buy Newcastle United, according to sources in London.

The word from inside Seymour Pierce, the investment bank employed to broker the sale of the Magpies, is that Tyneside businessman Moat is belatedly on the verge of securing the financial backing needed to win a drawn-out takeover battle.

Moat has had to maintain the support of several backers while he persuaded club bankers Barclays to promise him a sizeable working overdraft facility.

And although his bid for United appeared to be faltering, sources within the takeover negotiations are now confident Moat can see things through.

After months of waiting and several false dawns, fans will hesitate to believe that they have seen the back of current owner Mike Ashley until a deal is signed and sealed.

But Seymour Pierce maintain that Ashley – who was absent from United’s 0-0 draw with Bristol City amid the fall-out of his failed compensation battle with Kevin Keegan – may have attended his last Newcastle game.

Moat may have to move fast, however, with one of two other groups eyeing a possible bid for the club planning to send over a representative from America to talk directly with Ashley in the next fortnight.

But if Ashley fails to sell up, the relatively meagre £2 million he has been ordered to pay Keegan over the former manager’s constructive dismissal claim could see United finally spend again in the transfer market.

Newcastle had budgeted to pay Keegan close to £5m, meaning funds could be available for caretaker manager Chris Hughton to spend in January, or to make more loan signings in the meantime.

A source close to Newcastle said: “Although they couldn’t quite bring themselves to go so far as to offer Keegan a settlement before his case began, they were braced to pay out up to £5m.

“If Ashley is still in charge come January, the thought is that Hughton may get a little money to spend, especially if promotion is still in reach.”