The England Thread

Pilko

I thought we played better after Rooney went off. He now looks a bit slow compared to his younger team-mates. I'm starting to think the unthinkable.

Sturridge is so frustrating. He has a lot of ability, but he can't resist the flashy option.

Good performance all round.

Used to watch every England friendly but I've joined the "can't see the point now" brigade. After every international tournament failure, we repeat the same mistakes and the same ways and expect different results at the next one.

Supporting NUFC and England, dear me it's no wonder I'm rapidly losing interest in football.

Who was the blond fella giving the subs instructions before they came on? I noticed Hodgson and Lewington shouting from the sidelines but what is it that Gary Neville does for England?

Was it Dave Watson?, former Barnsley Goalkeeper and now Goalkeeper Coach for England?

Who was the blond fella giving the subs instructions before they came on? I noticed Hodgson and Lewington shouting from the sidelines but what is it that Gary Neville does for England?

Was it Dave Watson?, former Barnsley Goalkeeper and now Goalkeeper Coach for England?

Yep, seems it was him. So why is the goalkeeper coach giving outfield subs instructions?

Guest TruToon94

No hope for the England team unless we have a complete overhaul behind the scenes. I don't think Rooney is suited to be captain.... except for the simple fact that there literally isn't anybody else to replace him.

Roy Hodgson can't manage for piss though at a major level. He's proved that time and time again. Thing is what I thinks missing is that people always say, "we need an English manager". I disagree completely, we need a manager associated with the English game a la Mourinho rather than a complete stranger to the game IMO.

No hope for the England team unless we have a complete overhaul behind the scenes. I don't think Rooney is suited to be captain.... except for the simple fact that there literally isn't anybody else to replace him.

Roy Hodgson can't manage for piss though at a major level. He's proved that time and time again. Thing is what I thinks missing is that people always say, "we need an English manager". I disagree completely, we need a manager associated with the English game a la Mourinho rather than a complete stranger to the game IMO.

Seems like it's time for Hodgson to go. He did well to stabilize things after Capello, but he does nothing more than keep the ship afloat really. They need a shrewd tactician to get the best out of those players.

Really disappointed in Hodgson. Has been very, very rigid and structured. No innovation whatsoever.

Bang on, I've been saying a similar thing. I'm pleased he's trying youth, I give him credit for that, but he isn't applying them in a forward thinking way at all.

If you are defending against England a flat back four and two centre mids patrolling in front of them pretty much annihilates all of our attacking play. We can't seem to get the team to come together closer and operate on a more one touch basis and playing close quarters. Really make a side come at you and have someone near by to one-two with and get in the box for a shot. We seem to end up in the channels and shut out, then caught on the counter.

Don't you guys have a game today?  :lol:

How about mimicking Liverpool with a diamond formation when everyone's available?

----- Rooney ---------- Sturridge ---------

--------------- Sterling ------------------

Wilshire --- Huddlestone --- Henderson

Don't you guys have a game today?  :lol:

How about mimicking Liverpool with a diamond formation when everyone's available?

----- Rooney ---------- Sturridge ---------

--------------- Sterling ------------------

Wilshire --- Huddlestone --- Henderson

Agree with the formation, not the personnel. Replace Wilshere with Lallana and Huddlestone with Delph.

Huddlestone can best provide the passing needed from that position though. Similar to how Gerrard distributes from there for Liverpool. He will need dynamic hardworking types alongside him though. Was actually going to put Delph on the left of him and Henderson on his right, but think Wilshire could pull it off, and provide more going forward.