The England Thread

Pilko

Wathed him loads and I still can't decide whether Rodwell is good or shit.

It seems like he all the tools to be a decent player at least, just doesn't seem to assert himself enough in games. Hope to see him grow a bit over the next few seasons, he could be really good.

ITV commentators are clueless "here comes sturridge whom offers a different threat to walcott, as he wants to cut inside and go for goals", erm as opposed to that wide player Walcott whom never tries to score himself...well I suppose they are right actually, walcott does offer no threat at all

Re: Rodwell, him featuring in both these games is a classic case of the power of the media. Talk about him more and people (not so much round here, but still a fair few people) think "yeah, he's actually good."

He has so far in his career flattered to deceive. Sometimes you think, wow, this lad looks technically great, looks smooth in possession and is going to be class.

Then he goes and does fuck all a lot of the time. Annoying. Can't deny he'll improve when he goes to a better club, sadly.

Sweden look like a team without any kind of pace at all.

Very much. Elmander and Wilhelmsson both have pace, Martin Olsson as well. Not utilised in any case.

Think we've played better in the 2nd half, but defence looks gash. How you've not scored a second I don't know. Impressed with Jones, Walker and Downing (even though I hate to admit it).