The England Thread

Pilko

Aye, I think Hart's probably the best candiate now bizarrely enough - Rooney's suspended for a lot of Euro 2012, Wilshere's having injury problems that are dragging on and Cole's a total dick and not captain material.  Choosing Gerrard when he's so clearly on the decline would be a naff move as well imo, same goes for Ferdinand.

Was amazed to see the Evening Standard's 3 candidates tonight - Gerrard, Hart and SCOTT PARKER.  Aye, the Parker campaign continues.

Aye, I think Hart's probably the best candiate now bizarrely enough - Rooney's suspended for a lot of Euro 2012, Wilshere's having injury problems that are dragging on and Cole's a total dick and not captain material.  Choosing Gerrard when he's so clearly on the decline would be a naff move as well imo, same goes for Ferdinand.

Was amazed to see the Evening Standard's 3 candidates tonight - Gerrard, Hart and SCOTT PARKER.  Aye, the Parker campaign continues.

He was trending on Twitter this afternoon, it seems people really want him to be captain :undecided:

says something doesn't it that all the players likely to start most england games are horrid as people. (on a side note is everyone happy with standard of person we have playing for our club right now ?)

not really...but then i think almost all people are twats so it's a hard standard to achieve.

edit: for a football team i quite like them though - best we've had for a fair while it seems

Hart always seems ok to me mind

says something doesn't it that all the players likely to start most england games are horrid as people. (on a side note is everyone happy with standard of person we have playing for our club right now ?)

Yeah, on the whole I think we've got quite a good bunch now.

Very much so. The fact that the team spirit is seemingly as high as ever shows that we've got a great group of lads here. It looks like they really do give a damn about the club.

People on Twitter want Scott Parker to be the new England captain :undecided:

Name me another good candidate.

Your not allowed to speak about Parker positively on this board.

you are, it;s just supposed to be best to have a team captain who'll be in the team.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Given James Milner has swallowed the FA's how to talk to the media guide , they might make him a candidate #focusoneachgameasitcomes

Some people really dont have a clue what hashtags are for.. Didnt expect any better from the resident window licker mind.

Guest Haris Vuckic

#alltheplayersareoverratedturdswhomthemediausetotrickthepublicintothinkingthattheyaregoodenoughtowinantrophyeverytwoyearswhenreallytheyknowthattheyaresubparandareonlybeingusedtosellpaperswhilethecountrygetsitshopesupaboutateamwithoutachanceinhell

you are, it;s just supposed to be best to have a team captain who'll be in the team.

Who'll be in the team then?

Ashley Cole.

He's a bellend.

He's also been England's best player of the past decade.

Pretty much the only one who turns up in the big games too.

Might be a first class ringpiece but you can't knock his professionalism when playing for England even when he was getting booed he still put in a fine shift.

IMO it should just be whoever has the most caps. The way the media fawn on about it is embarrassing.

Oxo to be in the next squad? Surely has a chance, an English wide player with technique and a brain way beyond his years.

Would be a good shout to have him in the squad. Would probably have him instead of Walcott.....

Ashley Cole.

He's a bellend.

He's also been England's best player of the past decade.

Yes, that fact definitely makes him captain material.